No announcement yet.

Does Drake even care about this team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with CB4champ in that drake said nothing about the 2 ppl killed at his show, yet publicly mourned his fancy Dancy restaurant.

In the middle of his rants sometimes a good point is made lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Perhaps a better question would be, does anyone care if Drake cares about this team? As long as he does the job he's been "hired" to do.. to be honest I'm not sure what the job description of "Global Ambassador" entails.

My view of it is the Raptors saw a very popular local artist and exploited the popularity. If and when his popularity dies out, they'll move on to someone else.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          Perhaps a better question would be, does anyone care if Drake cares about this team? As long as he does the job he's been "hired" to do.. to be honest I'm not sure what the job description of "Global Ambassador" entails.

My view of it is the Raptors saw a very popular local artist and exploited the popularity. If and when his popularity dies out, they'll move on to someone else.
          His popularity is still trending up, has been for a few years. He's reaching Kanye/JayZ/Eminem territory, where his name recognition will probably never go away
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            His popularity is still trending up, has been for a few years. He's reaching Kanye/JayZ/Eminem territory, where his name recognition will probably never go away
            I respect that, but how much of the consumers does this matter to? Look, I appreciate that the Raptors have reached out to someone who is trending up. But that's about all I can say about Drake. He has a few good songs, but if I look around at my group of friends who love the Raptors, there might be 1 person out of 30-40 people that actually thinks this is important or useful.

Congrats to the organization for latching on to the latest trend. It's a great PR move. Does he like the team, does he not like the team... it doesn't actually matter. Is he going to be a reason Kevin Durant considers signing with the Raptors? No. No he's not. Not at all, because grown men don't make decisions based on the those kinds of things. No actual adult chooses to sign to sign a contract based on the fact that they really really liked a musician who represented the team. Because that's stupid and because if he talks to the media and says I signed here because of that guy over there and his hilarious internet memes of horrible dancing, people are going to consider throwing him into a mental institution.

If he does sign with the Raptors, it would be because he thinks the team is trending up, and sees a good fit for himself and a legitimate shot at an NBA Championship. It would have nothing to do with music.

It might be a great thing for you personally and a bunch of young people who love rap (but probably not hardcore rap) but it doesn't touch everyone. I get it, he's on social media, he's on internet memes making of fun of his ridiculously embarrassing dance moves. Hurray for Raptors marketing!
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

CB4Champ wrote: View Post
              CalgaryRapsFan

What does the forum rules state about me Talking Religion? Why are You allowed to curse and swear, yet Speak Truth and all of a sudden that gets censored? What Rules is the Problem?
              You are using blatant homophobic slurs and should actually be banned and yet you are complaining about these slurs being edited out.

They're still are homophobic slurs in his posts btw.

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                You are using blatant homophobic slurs and should actually be banned and yet you are complaining about these slurs being edited out.

They're still are homophobic slurs in his posts btw.
                Sorry, tried to remove them all but his posts are LONG and sometimes hard to read.

Please PM me with specific posts/words and it will be taken care of.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

As someone who can't name a single Drake song, I really couldn't care less than what Drake really feels about this team. As someone affiliated with the team, he simply needs to put the right perception out about this team/city. That is really all I can tell is his role.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    As someone who can't name a single Drake song, I really couldn't care less than what Drake really feels about this team. As someone affiliated with the team, he simply needs to put the right perception out about this team/city. That is really all I can tell is his role.
                    C'mon now.. you know when that hotline bling.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      C'mon now.. you know when that hotline bling.
                      I have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        I have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously.
                        i guess he never called you on his cellphone.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I'm with CB4champ in that drake said nothing about the 2 ppl killed at his show, yet publicly mourned his fancy Dancy restaurant.

In the middle of his rants sometimes a good point is made lol
                          what? yes he did.

http://www.octobersveryown.blogspot....-in-moral.html

Comment

Why do the Mods keep deleting my Posts?

Why you protecting someone like drake who promotes selfish,egotistical, greedy, heartless, and watch people die and not say nothing ignorance???

Why can you curse and swear, yet when you mention truth they try and delete your post???

Will Post again...

Drake is not what you think he is...He is a snake!!!

2 people died(R.I.P) at his club iblastoff, took him 10 DAYS!!! to comment about the murders, even though those 2 were there supporting him and spending money to cheer that character fake drake. he had to wait for his owners oops his managers, to order him to stay quiet, until they decided when he should open his big mouth. You posted the statement he made on august the 14th iblastoff, the murders happened august 4th!!!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2145968/mu...zik-nightclub/

he could not even care enough to comment on there death as soon as they died, yet he was so quick to comment on the Firebomb(HADOOKEN) of his favorite restaurant.

that's the six!!! that's drake!!!

don't yall know what the six represents???

the six represents never support someone unless you benefit

the six represents making fun of the poor

the six represents taunt and mock your fans telling them how much money you have and they broke

the six represents poison the hoods with music about sex and drugs and guns and backstabbing brothas

the six represents promotion of money over your brothas and sistas, screwing brothas for money

the six represents senseless violence is cool

the six represents treating women like tools meant to be used and abused

THE SIX HURTS THE PEOPLE, THE SIX HURTS THE COMMUNITY, THE SIX LAUGHS AT PEOPLES PROBLEMS, THE SIX IS SELFISH!, THE SIX IS GREED

that's the six, that's what drake represents!!!

The Seven Represents Build up The Community

The Seven Represents Defend those that are weak

The Seven Represents Support Your Brothas and Sistas through thick and thin, Family over money

The Seven Represents Treating women like the Queens that they Are and as your Completion

The Seven Represents Chilling with your Brothas and Sistas, laughing, enjoying Life!

The Seven Represents Soaking up the Warm Weather and Listening to the Birds sing, seeing the Trees sway, Respecting Nature,

The Seven Represents Righteous Neighborhood Barbeques and Festivals with the Community

The Seven Represents Becoming a Big Brotha or Big Sista to a Child

The SEVEN REPRESENTS LOVE, THE SEVEN REPRESENTS JOY, THE SEVEN REPRSENTS PEACE, THE SEVEN REPRESENTS UNITY, THE SEVEN REPRESENTS COMMUNITY,

THE SEVEN REPRESENTS HAPPINESS!!!

Listen to this Song fam:

Let me Tell yall Something that majority people don't know

Toronto has seven(7) letters inside It's name, Just Like Chicago(7 letters) and New York(7 Letters)

3 of the 4 largest cities inside North America are all inside the North, Toronto, Chicago, and New York

North is Up

Toronto (7 Letters)
                            New York (7 Letters)
                            Chicago(7 Letters)

All Three Cities are thee most diverse cities inside the world,
                            has Black People, White People, Red People, Yellow People and Brown People.
                            Colors of The Human Family Tree!!!

Toronto is the safest MEGA CITY/CITY inside the west, possibly the world and THEE most diverse city PERIOD

Toronto is the home of the Original hood. TORONTO'S HOOD IS COPIED WITH ALL THE HOODS INSIDE THE NORTHERN CITIES OF USA, MOST USA HOODS ARE ALL BUILT LIKE THE HOODS FROM TORONTO
                            Torontos Hoods has Black People, White People, Yellow People, Red People, And Brown People

So what have you learned? 3!!! cities from the North (Chicago, Toronto, New York) all have 7!!! letters inside there Name, Thee Most Diverse ethnically aka Community!!!

3 7 three sevens

then comes a guy like drake who is a slave to the music label who starts yapping about some stupid six, talks about he started from the bottom, what "bottom drake" did he start from??? he was raised inside forest hill!!! his dad was a musician!!! yet "drake bottom" started from WHAT???

he disrespects the Heritage of Toronto calling the City the six.... 2 people died at his club and he said nothing for 10 days!!! until his owners oops his managers ordered him oops till drake spoke 10 days after they died, and he even told yall that his owners oops managers did not allow him to speak because that might mess with his image...

so DRAKE PUT HIS FAKE IMAGE BEFORE 2 PEOPLE THAT DIED WHO SUPPORTED HIM!!!

drake stop disrespecting the City of TORONTO aka T. DOT aka T.O. aka THA GOOD!!!

Change your ways
                            Last edited by CB4Champ; Wed Dec 9, 2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

As has been made very clear, posts with homosexual slurs and derogatory terms will not be tolerated.

This has nothing to do with Drake.

If you have concerns regarding mods removing your posts, then reach out to them via PM.

Comment

My Two Cents

The rules are pretty clear around here. We'd much prefer people follow them because it saves us time and effort having to deal with them. Some don't get this, we don't want to step in, just respect the community for what it is and then we won't ever have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X