Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syrian Crisis in One Picture (Warning: Very Sad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Well the Kurds are willing to stay their and fight along with the Coptic Christians.
    The Kurds and to a certain degree have an autonomous area in Northern Iraq and are protected.

Regarding your reply about making a case for Christian only refugees ...is shameful. You are already doing the bidding of the terror groups...diminishing fundamental values of a pluralistic society. You called the younger men fleeing "cowards". Your support for what is crazy cowardly talk which is playing to the discriminatory pop. in a political season is just very unfortunate.

Apart from the checks that are in place for refugee acceptance which is the strongest since 9/11 do you realize that there are thousands coming into the US on a DAILY basis on visitor visas which are a joke in terms of controls compared to what the refugees go thru. Dont u think logic would dictate that someone wishing to do harm would take that route of entry...with a false passport?

Being a refugee is just that. They do not have a question "What is your religion" to determine eligibility. More muslims (likely shia) have been slaughtered by the ISIS thugs than Christians. Would you leave a Syrian druze or yazidi off it too?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      The Kurds and to a certain degree have an autonomous area in Northern Iraq and are protected.

Regarding your reply about making a case for Christian only refugees ...is shameful. You are already doing the bidding of the terror groups...diminishing fundamental values of a pluralistic society. You called the younger men fleeing "cowards". Your support for what is crazy cowardly talk which is playing to the discriminatory pop. in a political season is just very unfortunate.

Apart from the checks that are in place for refugee acceptance which is the strongest since 9/11 do you realize that there are thousands coming into the US on a DAILY basis on visitor visas which are a joke in terms of controls compared to what the refugees go thru. Dont u think logic would dictate that someone wishing to do harm would take that route of entry...with a false passport?

Being a refugee is just that. They do not have a question "What is your religion" to determine eligibility. More muslims (likely shia) have been slaughtered by the ISIS thugs than Christians. Would you leave a Syrian druze or yazidi off it too?
      What I said is a rational and reasonable. I stand by it, the priority of a countries leader has to be national security.

I'm sorry, the refugee security measures they have in place are not designed for this number of refugees. Right now the best and safest bet to bring refugees over is Christians because they are the least likely group to have Isis fighters and if there are they will be easier to pick out.

The security screening process also strongly counts on the country they are fleeing. There are Syrians coming into the US right now and the US doesn't even know their names.

I don't think logic dictates a fake passport at all. If the terrorist attack you plan involves you fighting to your death or blowing yourself up, who cares? Not like you're gonna have to go into hiding after the fact. Maybe it'd be a consideration for leaders of these groups but not for the ones executing the attacks.

Of course more Muslims have been killed than Christians in Syria, there's more Muslims there! But as a percentage of population Christians would be more targeted, and that's obvious from the rhetoric and stated goals of Isis.

What else would you call fighting aged men fleeing their motherland other than cowards? If Canada was under the same attack as Syria, wouldn't you consider any fighting aged male that fleed a coward?! I sure as hell would. That's what they are. They are cowards. Cowards. Cowards.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

What I said is a rational and reasonable. I stand by it, the priority of a countries leader has to be national security.

I'm sorry, the refugee security measures they have in place are not designed for this number of refugees. Right now the best and safest bet to bring refugees over is Christians because they are the least likely group to have Isis fighters and if there are they will be easier to pick out.

The security screening process also strongly counts on the country they are fleeing. There are Syrians coming into the US right now and the US doesn't even know their names.

I don't think logic dictates a fake passport at all. If the terrorist attack you plan involves you fighting to your death or blowing yourself up, who cares? Not like you're gonna have to go into hiding after the fact. Maybe it'd be a consideration for leaders of these groups but not for the ones executing the attacks.

Of course more Muslims have been killed than Christians in Syria, there's more Muslims there! But as a percentage of population Christians would be more targeted, and that's obvious from the rhetoric and stated goals of Isis.

What else would you call fighting aged men fleeing their motherland other than cowards? If Canada was under the same attack as Syria, wouldn't you consider any fighting aged male that fleed a coward?! I sure as hell would. That's what they are. They are cowards. Cowards. Cowards.

The President of France reiterated yesterday that France will keep it's commitment to allow 30,000 refugees over 2 years....and I think these are from among those who recently came (not from the camps particularly...but I dont know). This by the country which just got attacked.

I have not seen any info that any of the criminals killed or captured are anything but citizens of Europe who were indoctrinated in Europe.

Here is a description of the vetting process for the US system for refugees including special reqts. for Syrians. I noted your displeasure with my previous links so I sourced this one from one I believe you would be familiar with

WASHINGTON – Hundreds of thousands of Syrians have fled that country to escape the ongoing civil war there. Migrants have trekked across Turkey, landing first in Greece, before making their way into Europe. European authorities have been overwhelmed by the mass migration. Meanwhile, the United States has announced plans to accept about 10,000 Syrian refugees trying to leave the region.

Lawmakers and more than half of U.S. governors, mostly Republicans, have raised questions about the vetting process for Syrian refugees being brought to the United States. Some said they were worried that Islamic extremists may try to take advance of the U.S. refugee process.

Here are a few things to know:

— The U.S. annually accepts 70,000 refugees from around the world. This group includes people fleeing violence, religious persecution and war. The Obama administration announced earlier this year that the number of people invited to move to the U.S. as refugees would be increased to 85,000 in the coming year, including about 10,000 Syrians.

— The U.S. has helped resettle about 2,500 Syrian refugees since the war started in that country in 2011. The Obama administration said about half that group is children, while about 2.5 percent are people over the age of 60 and roughly 2 percent are single men of combat age. The overall group is almost evenly split among men and women.

— Amid questions about background checks and security vetting, the administration for the first time this week disclosed new details about how refugees are investigated. The process is directed by the Homeland Security Department and involves the State Department and U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies. Refugees submit to in-person interviews overseas, where they provide biographical details about themselves, including their families, friendships, social or political activities, employment, phone numbers, email accounts and more. They also provide biometric information about themselves, including fingerprints. Syrians are subject to additional, classified controls, according to administration officials, who briefed reporters this week on condition that they not be identified by name to publicly discuss confidential details about the process. The Associated Press had been seeking details about the vetting process since September.

— Administration officials have acknowledged that checking the accuracy or authenticity of documents provided by refugee applicants against foreign government records can be especially difficult involving countries that don't cooperate with the U.S. government, such as Syria. It can also complicate U.S. efforts to check foreign government records for local arrests or lesser bureaucratic interactions, such as bank records, business licenses or civil filings. "We do the best we can with the information we have," one U.S. official said.

— As for concerns about potential refugees lacking documents to prove who they are, the administration officials said Syrians as a population tend to provide extensive documents involving their day-to-day lives. They often arrive with family histories, military records and other information that can be useful for American authorities investigating them.

— Refugees who spent years waiting for approval to come to the United States said authorities asked detailed questions repeatedly in multiple interviews, including pressing them about their backgrounds and reasons for fleeing Syria. Nedal Al-Hayk, who was resettled in suburban Detroit with his family after a three-year wait, said officials interviewed him and his wife in separate rooms, asking repeatedly and in different ways where they were born, where their parents were born, what they did before and during the war or whether they were armed, part of a rebel group, supportive of the government or even politically outspoken.

— Syrians initially file refugee claims with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, which then refers them to the U.S. government. The process has no guarantee of approval and takes so long — Syrians wait nearly three years for approval to come to the U.S. — that experts said it would be a longshot for an extremist group to rely on the refugee program as a way to sneak someone into the United States. The Islamic State group has had far more success appealing to people already living inside the United States to commit or conspire to commit violence. Attorney General Loretta Lynch told lawmakers this week that roughly 70 people have been charged with crimes related to foreign-fighter activity and homegrown violent extremism since 2013.

— House Republicans are proposing changes to the refugee vetting process that would include more background checks from the FBI. The proposed legislation, which could be voted on as early as Thursday, would halt refugee processing while the new protocol is established. The bill would require that the heads of the FBI, Homeland Security Department and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence certify that each refugee being admitted would not pose a threat. It could have the practical effect of keeping refugees out of the United States entirely.

The White House on Wednesday threated to veto any legislation to toughen the screening process for Syrian refugees.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/19...rian-refugees/

Bold: They are a bunch of spineless "leaders" playing politics with a humanitarian issue for political gain or saving their position at re-election. Shameful.
        Last edited by Bendit; Thu Nov 19, 2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

The President of France reiterated yesterday that France will keep it's commitment to allow 30,000 refugees over 2 years....and I think these are from among those who recently came (not from the camps particularly...but I dont know). This by the country which just got attacked.

I have not seen any info that any of the criminals killed or captured are anything but citizens of Europe who were indoctrinated in Europe.

Here is a description of the vetting process for the US system for refugees including special reqts. for Syrians. I noted your displeasure with my previous links so I sourced this one from one I believe you would be familiar with

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/19...rian-refugees/

Bold: They are a bunch of spineless "leaders" playing politics with a humanitarian issue for political gain or saving their position at re-election. Shameful.
          Spineless leaders? I call them rational and sensible. All of that sounds fantastic on paper, unfortunately there are cracks, and people fall through them. The problem is that the people that fall through these cracks can do a lot of damage and kill a lot of people.

Attached is an article that details the same thing you listed but gives real examples where each step failed.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11...s-stories-and/

France is moronic for accepting more refugees.

You say "I have not seen any info that any of the criminals killed or captured are anything but citizens of Europe who were indoctrinated in Europe."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...since-january/
          Because its 2015

Comment

• http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blo...erhuman-energy
            Because its 2015

Comment

Spineless leaders? I call them rational and sensible. All of that sounds fantastic on paper, unfortunately there are cracks, and people fall through them. The problem is that the people that fall through these cracks can do a lot of damage and kill a lot of people.

Attached is an article that details the same thing you listed but gives real examples where each step failed.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11...s-stories-and/

France is moronic for accepting more refugees.

You say "I have not seen any info that any of the criminals killed or captured are anything but citizens of Europe who were indoctrinated in Europe."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...since-january/

I'll take the Breitbart list first...

I was referring to those killed/captured in the mayhem of last week.

But, re the link, none of the perpetrators were illegals in France. They were either citizens and the two who were noted as foreigners ...one was an IT student from Algeria who looks like he had a student visa (hence there legally) and the other the train assailant was legally for 7 yrs. in Spain (a EU country) and parents live in the South of France (see link). He is noted as a Moroccan but it looks like he was within his rights to be in France.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make. What would these references have to do with the stringent refugee restrictions/processes in the US or Canada? And how can one compare the open border policies of Europe to the reqts. needed for entry into N. America?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...french-6302601

Re the Fox link:

Seriously... a) what the opponents of the refugee action want is perfection...I dont believe anyone can deliver perfection on anything except the GOP standard bearers for the presidential nomination. Sorry I digress.

We can all agree that Syria is a failed state. Refugees typically come from a failed state. There is no database access possible from any failed state. Still the process does try to confirm vetting data from multiple interviews by multiple agencies over about a 3 yr. period data thru connections in Syria.

b) the main expert critic used in the piece is Mark Krikorian. He has been a critic of Pres. Obama and the administration on just about all matters of immigration policy forever...which would obviously include the whole amnesty schmozzle with the Latino pop. While he makes "duh" points mostly that anyone would agree with ...dont you believe that you should present someone other than this obviously biased bloke to make your case? He doesn't agree on any immigration reforms of this admin.

His latest book...

http://www.cis.org/Books/Obama-Transforming-America

Comment

• I posted a version yesterday. Nothing new. The US army/airforce have beenfeeding their troops for years now...and I suspect other countries do it too

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30748260/n.../#.Vk9NKberTDc

Comment

I'll take the Breitbart list first...

I was referring to those killed/captured in the mayhem of last week.

But, re the link, none of the perpetrators were illegals in France. They were either citizens and the two who were noted as foreigners ...one was an IT student from Algeria who looks like he had a student visa (hence there legally) and the other the train assailant was legally for 7 yrs. in Spain (a EU country) and parents live in the South of France (see link). He is noted as a Moroccan but it looks like he was within his rights to be in France.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make. What would these references have to do with the stringent refugee restrictions/processes in the US or Canada? And how can one compare the open border policies of Europe to the reqts. needed for entry into N. America?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...french-6302601

Re the Fox link:

Seriously... a) what the opponents of the refugee action want is perfection...I dont believe anyone can deliver perfection on anything except the GOP standard bearers for the presidential nomination. Sorry I digress.

We can all agree that Syria is a failed state. Refugees typically come from a failed state. There is no database access possible from any failed state. Still the process does try to confirm vetting data from multiple interviews by multiple agencies over about a 3 yr. period data thru connections in Syria.

b) the main expert critic used in the piece is Mark Krikorian. He has been a critic of Pres. Obama and the administration on just about all matters of immigration policy forever...which would obviously include the whole amnesty schmozzle with the Latino pop. While he makes "duh" points mostly that anyone would agree with ...dont you believe that you should present someone other than this obviously biased bloke to make your case? He doesn't agree on any immigration reforms of this admin.

His latest book...

http://www.cis.org/Books/Obama-Transforming-America
                  Breitbart list first. The point is that they all would have gone through some sort of security/screening process and they made it through and subsequently committed terrorist attacks. They weren't identified as terrorists coming in, but they became terrorists. That's the point.

The mass refugee crisis has been going on for less than 2 years so how is the vetting process 3 years? What is wrong with setting up safe zones in Syria or in surrounding countries and keeping the refugees there? The G20 could keep the area safe and fund all of the food and healthcare services the refugees would ever need. It would be safer for them because they aren't travelling such massive distances in sketchy boats, it would be safer for western countries and, it would be easier for the Refugees to return to their countries once the threat is gone.

2) Obama is trying to transform the US. He said it when he was elected, "fundamental transformation". That's not "a couple tweaks here and there". Most people don't agree with Obamas stance on immigration. He might be biased but his arguments hold true nonetheless.
                  Because its 2015

Comment

Breitbart list first. The point is that they all would have gone through some sort of security/screening process and they made it through and subsequently committed terrorist attacks. They weren't identified as terrorists coming in, but they became terrorists. That's the point.

The mass refugee crisis has been going on for less than 2 years so how is the vetting process 3 years? What is wrong with setting up safe zones in Syria or in surrounding countries and keeping the refugees there? The G20 could keep the area safe and fund all of the food and healthcare services the refugees would ever need. It would be safer for them because they aren't travelling such massive distances in sketchy boats, it would be safer for western countries and, it would be easier for the Refugees to return to their countries once the threat is gone.

2) Obama is trying to transform the US. He said it when he was elected, "fundamental transformation". That's not "a couple tweaks here and there". Most people don't agree with Obamas stance on immigration. He might be biased but his arguments hold true nonetheless.
                    First bold: What point? How do you know that all those people would have passed the refugee entrance program tests. Were any of them even Syrians? Conflation #1.

Second bold: Safe zones in Syria? And how do you propose to set those up under current conditions? The safe zones now exist in Turkey & Jordan and have been for a few years now. Tha'ts where the refugee claimants are coming from after having gone thru some of the initial vetting. These camps have been open for about 4 years (2011) now..the Turkey one at least. So vetting could have begun in 2012. Similar Palestinian camps have been around for 60 years. How is that working out?

Third bold: And what stance would that be? Are you talking amnesty of Latinos, dealing with refugees pre Paris, dealing with refugees post Paris, amnesty for Cubans, numbers of immigrants, euro vs. coloured, immigrants based on demographics...what stance? Conflation #2.

What I see is a humane approach to most of his policies. The disagreements I have is his use of drones in an indiscriminate manner and NSA surveillance (not in compliance with the law) of citizenry. These are of course operational matters that even as president cannot possibly be on top of in a war. The military industrial complex rules.

That canard about Obama wanting to transform the US is a joke. It began with the birther bs of him being born in Kenya. Then it progressed to him being indoctrinated by his father who had a soft spot for Marxism but had long left his family before Barack even got to pre-puberty age I believe. And they couldnt find a whiff of scandal to boot

But what I really suspect is that it bugs the fuck out of especially the southern members of the tribe that he is a black man, comfortable in his skin, debates them into the ground, won 2 elections and brought his country back from the disaster it was when he took over from their man Bush. They just cannot stand him...black, progressive and making sense...triple whammy.

Comment

First bold: What point? How do you know that all those people would have passed the refugee entrance program tests. Were any of them even Syrians? Conflation #1.

Second bold: Safe zones in Syria? And how do you propose to set those up under current conditions? The safe zones now exist in Turkey & Jordan and have been for a few years now. Tha'ts where the refugee claimants are coming from after having gone thru some of the initial vetting. These camps have been open for about 4 years (2011) now..the Turkey one at least. So vetting could have begun in 2012. Similar Palestinian camps have been around for 60 years. How is that working out?

Third bold: And what stance would that be? Are you talking amnesty of Latinos, dealing with refugees pre Paris, dealing with refugees post Paris, amnesty for Cubans, numbers of immigrants, euro vs. coloured, immigrants based on demographics...what stance? Conflation #2.

What I see is a humane approach to most of his policies. The disagreements I have is his use of drones in an indiscriminate manner and NSA surveillance (not in compliance with the law) of citizenry. These are of course operational matters that even as president cannot possibly be on top of in a war. The military industrial complex rules.

That canard about Obama wanting to transform the US is a joke. It began with the birther bs of him being born in Kenya. Then it progressed to him being indoctrinated by his father who had a soft spot for Marxism but had long left his family before Barack even got to pre-puberty age I believe. And they couldnt find a whiff of scandal to boot

But what I really suspect is that it bugs the fuck out of especially the southern members of the tribe that he is a black man, comfortable in his skin, debates them into the ground, won 2 elections and brought his country back from the disaster it was when he took over from their man Bush. They just cannot stand him...black, progressive and making sense...triple whammy.
                      Bendit is a nice man or woman and I disagree with him or her most of the time.
                      Last edited by Uncle_Si; Fri Nov 20, 2015, 06:16 PM. Reason: I misinterpreted the meaning of his last paragraph. Though it is still offensive.
                      Because its 2015

Comment

I can take your point of view, even though I disagree with it. But don't you fucking call me a racist for disagreeing with you and Obama. Here comes the progressive out of you! Now we see it! If someone disagrees with you, turn them into a villain. Right on. I'm done with you, you ignorant prick.
                        Excuse me? Can you point out where I did what you said?

Through all my years here if at all I have called others out on sketchy comments. I think you should re-read my post.

What you are accusing me of doing is clearly against the rules of discourse here and must be. Unless I have lost my sense of comprehension I am sure one of the mods shall inform me.

Comment

Excuse me? Can you point out where I did what you said?

Through all my years here if at all I have called others out on sketchy comments. I think you should re-read my post.

What you are accusing me of doing is clearly against the rules of discourse here and must be. Unless I have lost my sense of comprehension I am sure one of the mods shall inform me.
                          "But what I really suspect is that it bugs the fuck out of especially the southern members of the tribe that he is a black"

Misread. I apologize, I interpreted this part as you including me in that group. Heated debates can sometimes lead to oversights.
                          Because its 2015

Comment

"But what I really suspect is that it bugs the fuck out of especially the southern members of the tribe that he is a black"

Misread. I apologize, I interpreted this part as you including me in that group. Heated debates can sometimes lead to oversights.
                            Please dont speed read my posts

Comment

Please dont speed read my posts
                              Sorry, I read it on a break at work. Had to be a quick one so I could get back to making money. Gotta make sure I can afford all the taxes you think I should be paying.
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Donald Trump Would 'Absolutely' Create Database To Track Muslims
                                http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/11...n_8608644.html

As a non-Muslim who would be not effected in any way. I fully support this.

I just want to see rioting in the street and the first stages of a concentration camp around Christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X