Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Day. And Nav politicizing the Raptors Org. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Abortion? We definitely don't want to go there.
    but you did. you said that ted cruz follows the constitution and wants the country to do that. abortion and birth control are a religious groups viewpoint being forced onto the country/states against the constitution you said he upholds.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      but you did. you said that ted cruz follows the constitution and wants the country to do that. abortion and birth control are a religious groups viewpoint being forced onto the country/states against the constitution you said he upholds.
      That's not true. There is nothing about the separation of church and state in the constitution.

But since you want to discuss abortion, I don't need the constitution or religion to tell me that killing 38 week old babies is wrong.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

That's not true. There is nothing about the separation of church and state in the constitution.

But since you want to discuss abortion, I don't need the constitution or religion to tell me that killing 38 week old babies is wrong.
        so is killing hundreds of 4 year olds and adults. the right has no right to try and take the moral high ground on this issue.

not the exact phrase but "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

is pretty the government can't force it's religion on others
        Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 02:27 AM.

Comment

so is killing hundreds of 4 year olds and adults. the right has no right to try and take the moral high ground on this issue.

not the exact phrase but "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

is pretty the government can't force it's religion on others
          Killing hundreds of 4 year olds and adults? Did I miss something?

No, it's saying it can't create a religion and it can't stop one from practicing their religion. Which means if a catholic hospital doesn't want to provide abortions it doesn't have to. But Obama doesn't care about that and forces them to anyway.
          Because its 2015

Comment

• I didnt realize respecting and cherishing life was "taking the moral high ground". If it is, put me right on top of it.

It's amazing that killing a 38 week old baby is no big deal, but all hell breaks loose of you cut down a butternut tree.
            Because its 2015

Comment

I didnt realize respecting and cherishing life was "taking the moral high ground". If it is, put me right on top of it.

It's amazing that killing a 38 week old baby is no big deal, but all hell breaks loose of you cut down a butternut tree.
              drops bombs on life all over the world. they aren't respecting and cherishing life. you are purposely ignoring a lot of facts now

Comment

I didnt realize respecting and cherishing life was "taking the moral high ground". If it is, put me right on top of it.

butternuts are tasty.

Comment

drops bombs on life all over the world. they aren't respecting and cherishing life. you are purposely ignoring a lot of facts now
                  Really, they just randomly fly all over the world and aimlessly drop bombs and kill people? Hm, you'd better tell your buddy Obama to stop that then.

Please enlighten me as to what 'facts' I'm purposely ignoring?

Are you referring to the drone strikes and allied attacks against ISIL? Or the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? That's a pretty broad and general statement you made.

And what does war have to do with abortion? There is no point in continuing this conversation. I'm done with it, someone else can chime in if they want.
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    butternuts are tasty.
                    Butternuts are more valuable than babies. Elitist.
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Really, they just randomly fly all over the world and aimlessly drop bombs and kill people? Hm, you'd better tell your buddy Obama to stop that then.

Please enlighten me as to what 'facts' I'm purposely ignoring?

Are you referring to the drone strikes and allied attacks against ISIL? Or the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? That's a pretty broad and general statement you made.

And what does war have to do with abortion? There is no point in continuing this conversation. I'm done with it, someone else can chime in if they want.

the religious right also thinks obama isn't doing enough. supporting life and respecting it is nice but should be all life. all moral high ground is lost when you say life is precious when it isn't formed yet but not when it is some child on the other side of the world. speaking up against genocide would be another thing you would expect the religious right to speak up against, especially when it falls in line with their religious views. china aborted 13 million babies last year and yet not one religious right candidate has spoken up on this genocide, in their words.

i am talking about collateral damage all over the world caused by the life respecting and honoring religious right. george carlin said "republicans want live babies so they can have dead soldiers."

Just to add, I don't think you represent the religious right. I don't even know if you are religious. And not trying to attack you. More ted Cruz and people who think like him. This conversation was started with you talking Cruz up as a constitutionalist but when the constitution doesn't fit with his religious beliefs, the constitution loses so the argument is shifted into a morality debate. But the religious right can't win that debate either. You can't say you're pro-life and pro guns for all. You can't say shit happens when people are murdered with guns on a more regular basis all the time and say it is morally bankrupt to have an abortion. You can't say guns don't kill people people kill people and then blame music for columbine like events.

No one forces abortions in Canada/America. No one stops people who believe they are wrong to not have them but forcing others to not have them because of personal religious beliefs is against the constitution.
                      Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• How can anyone criticize some other nation for something it too is doing?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          How can anyone criticize some other nation for something it too is doing?
                          the point is if they see one abortion as murder they must see 13 000 000 abortions as genocide. genocide is bigger than murder.

Comment

the point is if they see one abortion as murder they must see 13 000 000 abortions as genocide. genocide is bigger than murder.
                            It's a lot more than one. In general if you can't clean yourself up you're just a hypocrite to criticize others.

Comment

It's a lot more than one. If you can't clean yourself up you're just a hypocrite to criticize others.
                              it is their words. change one to every in america. it doesn't matter. i don't care about the issue at all.

they are the ones calling themselves pro-life. they are the ones telling everyone in america how morally wrong it is.

Comment

So you related well to Harper, Martin, Chrétien, Mulroney, anyone?
                                Not them.

But Kim Campbell, I am convinced, is my sister from another mister.

Comment

Working...
                                X