Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Day. And Nav politicizing the Raptors Org. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    And how do you create that environment? By investing in education, health care, infrastructure and innovation. It's not a direct to pocket link.
    The problem is that the Government f*cks everything up when they do that. Look at E-Health, over $1Billion spent in Ontario for electronic health records and somehow they still can't figure it out. Look at Ornge, $250 million spent on helicopters that couldn't fit the patient and the medic, look at the MaRs building, hundreds of millions invested to create a bunch of space no one wants. I could go on and on, and that's only in Ontario.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

How is someone being demonized by asking them to help the less fortunate?
      I help the less fortunate all the time. Both my wife and I volunteer at our local church, fundraise for a local children's charity and give money to various causes all the time. Raising my taxes isn't asking me help the less fortunate: it's the government taking my money by force, if necessary, to give to someone else the party of the day deems more worthy of the money, including (but not limited to): GM, Ford, Chevrolet, Bombardier, etc., and building such stuff that will benefit the poor like skypalaces for premiers and helping federal bureaucrats commute to Ottawa from Winnipeg.

Comment

• Sorry guys, I'd love to keep arguing all of you but I'm tired and I have to get ready for work. PEACE
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          Sorry guys, I'd love to keep arguing all of you but I'm tired and I have to get ready for work. PEACE
          Debating. Not arguing. Lol

I'd like to commend you for maintaining your tone even in the face of alot of rebuttals from many different people. Well done sir!

Comment

1. No I'm not, Im saying that if they already pay 60% and now they're moving closer to 70% at what point is it enough?

2. You find it crazy that someone right out of highschool can go out west and make more money than you as an accountant? Ok, then don't be an accountant and go out west. You have that same option, no one said you can't go and do the same thing. You made a personal choice to be an accountant, you can't look at what someone else makes and say "that doesn't make sense" or "that's not fair" when you yourself are not willing to do the same thing they did. It was never an "option" for me. It was a goal, people don't just decide they are going to make X income and get it.

3. I don't know that people earning 300K "hide money" or that they end up paying proportionately lower taxes than you. There is a place for sound financial planning and paying the least amount of taxes though. Especially if it is investment income.

If someone wanted to be a doctor or lawyer that bad they could sacrificeda year or 2 out of highschool, go out west, make as much money as possible and pay their way through the schooling they needed. It's not easy, its not for everyone and I know its not always the most convenient or ideal way to do things but its at least a way.

1) its 50ish %

2) going out west to work was not an option for me in my life, I have responsibilities here. And I do important work, and I feel good about that. I shouldn't have to abandon those who rely on me daily to come closer to getting "x" income

3) There is TFSA, RRSP, and then there are those that set up corporations in which all their money funnels through to take advantage of the incredible low taxes small businesses are given.

and lastly, that is not always an option. What if a person has poor health and cannot perform the duties of a job they qualify for out west? what if they have commitments they need to attend to here? what if they have family that needs taken care of?

Sometimes there is no other options.

I was not able to go out west to work for 2 or 3 years, pay for school and then go from there, and since then I have gotten caught up in life and am far to stuck into ruts to do it now.

But perhaps you are right.

Perhaps all of the east coast should just pack up and move west, then watch those high paying oilfield jobs drop in value, especially when you have an influx of east coasters willing to do the job for less.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              That is unfortunate that you will be out of extra cash, but just looking at your estimates, and basing it off the 4% increase, I have to guess you make in and around $300,000 per year ... I don't want to be presumptuous, but I feel like if that is the case, you (or anyone making that amount) are more easily parted with that money, and far less affected by it, than say someone who earns $45,000 per year.
              And just think of all the good Justin will be doing with that money!
              Just keep in mind that people make money because they do things. If there comes a time when the incentive to do those things is removed, then they will stop doing those things.

Comment

Private entity is supposed to make money. Government is supposed to make life better for people in the country.
                Private entities are supposed to be efficient. Profit is just one way to measure efficiency. Hospitals, School and Government would all benefit from some sort of TS%

Comment

I'm all for lowering your tax bracket and I'm happy that your daughter will get dance lessons that she's been begging for. But I'm sorry, I don't think that someone else should have to pay for your daughters dance lessons, which is essentially what is happening. Your tax burden is being passed on to someone else.

If the Government ran efficiently and wasn't bloated, as you pointed out in another post, none of this would be necessary. Except that it would be under a Liberal Gov. because no matter what "rich" people pay in taxes, its never fair and its never enough because they don't need it anyway.
                  this is it, I do think the government is bloated, but we are at a point economically where measures need to be taken lest a large majority of the county falls further behind the 8ball.

I think everyone should have to pay an equal amount of taxes. 20%, or 30% or whatever. in a perfect society it would all be the same amount.

I do believe that this appears to be a government that is going to set the country on a path towards making that happen through sound investments into its own infrastructure. A governments spending should be able to offset itself if done properly.

Stop lending to other countries until ours is fixed

Start scaling back social benefits, if someone is on welfare, they should be forced to find work by an automatic scaling back of the benefits based on time on them. There are far too many peope perfectly content to sit on their ass and draw welfare checks, scaling back those benefits will put an end to it.

Can only get a part time minimum wage job? great, here is a check to boost your paycheck up to a level that can sustain yourself.

No sitting on your ass getting money for getting pregnant/high

Our country is nearly broken, it needs help. Our government is asking you to help, it sucks but the alternative is far worse.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Private entities are supposed to be efficient. Profit is just one way to measure efficiency. Hospitals, School and Government would all benefit from some sort of TS%
                    Total Shot percentage

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Just keep in mind that people make money because they do things. If there comes a time when the incentive to do those things is removed, then they will stop doing those things.
                      But as I mentioned earlier, I just can't see someone who makes $300,000 a year giving that up to go work at McDonalds just so they can pay less in Taxes. There will always be incentive to work hard, unless the Rich are being taxed such that they end up making no more after tax than someone who earns $45,000-$90,000; which is obviously far from the actual case.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        But as I mentioned earlier, I just can't see someone who makes $300,000 a year giving that up to go work at McDonalds just so they can pay less in Taxes. There will always be incentive to work hard, unless the Rich are being taxed such that they end up making no more after tax than someone who earns $45,000-$90,000; which is obviously far from the actual case.
                        Doctors make over 300 but if you factor in overhead, billing headaches, cuts and a hostile atmosphere the "Rich" move elsewhere. It isn't true that someone else will just take their place. The hollowing out of the economy is because no one wants to take the "rich" people place along with the troubles

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          this is it, I do think the government is bloated, but we are at a point economically where measures need to be taken lest a large majority of the county falls further behind the 8ball.

I think everyone should have to pay an equal amount of taxes. 20%, or 30% or whatever. in a perfect society it would all be the same amount.

I do believe that this appears to be a government that is going to set the country on a path towards making that happen through sound investments into its own infrastructure. A governments spending should be able to offset itself if done properly.

Stop lending to other countries until ours is fixed

Start scaling back social benefits, if someone is on welfare, they should be forced to find work by an automatic scaling back of the benefits based on time on them. There are far too many peope perfectly content to sit on their ass and draw welfare checks, scaling back those benefits will put an end to it.

Can only get a part time minimum wage job? great, here is a check to boost your paycheck up to a level that can sustain yourself.

No sitting on your ass getting money for getting pregnant/high

Our country is nearly broken, it needs help. Our government is asking you to help, it sucks but the alternative is far worse.
                          We agree on so many things Snooch. You're a conservative whether you want to admit it or not.
                          Because its 2015

Comment

We agree on so many things Snooch. You're a conservative whether you want to admit it or not.
                            Whoever is willing to try and make Canada better for everyone, while cleaning up and streamlining the waste is good by me.

I dont care if they are green, orange, blue or red.

Fix our infrastructure, create more jobs, improve our dollar and gdp, take steps to improve the earth, and treat everyone the same regardless of colour, religion, culture....or....income levels.

Comment

• Next we need to go after the rich who sit on their asses and make massive amounts of money.

Those whose portfolios are so large they make more than the province of PEI just by being their granddaddys grandkid.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Next we need to go after the rich who sit on their asses and make massive amounts of money.

Those whose portfolios are so large they make more than the province of PEI just by being their granddaddys grandkid.
                                Portfolios are money invested to create jobs. If the portfolio is generating wealth it benefits everyone. People making high salaries yet doing nothing are worse since they make up a larger % of "dead money" since there are a lot of them

Comment

Working...
                                X