No announcement yet.

Official off topic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only show I watch on AMC is The Walking Dead, and its not on til october. And re-runs of Enter The Dragon.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

you should definitely check out the killing. it's way better than all that csi stuff.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i've heard nothing but good things about the killing. i can only manage a few shows simultaneously though, or i dont feel like i'm getting enough out of them.

right now i'm stuck on Game of Thrones on HBO.. can't recommend it enough.. its like lord of the rings, minus all the monsters and horrible hours of walking, and the hobbits like whorehouses, and incest.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          right now i'm stuck on Game of Thrones on HBO.. can't recommend it enough.. its like lord of the rings, minus all the monsters and horrible hours of walking, and the hobbits like whorehouses, and incest.
          If you have time the books are very good, though they are really long. The first volume is close to 1,000 pages. I am through the third one and they actually get better as you wind through the story. I don't know how they are going to do it on TV cause a lot of the main characters in later books are hardly in the first book and a lot of the main characters in volume 1, well, let's just say they aren't so important in later books. Apparently, he is writing seven in all...

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            If you have time the books are very good, though they are really long. The first volume is close to 1,000 pages. I am through the third one and they actually get better as you wind through the story. I don't know how they are going to do it on TV cause a lot of the main characters in later books are hardly in the first book and a lot of the main characters in volume 1, well, let's just say they aren't so important in later books. Apparently, he is writing seven in all...
            i actually think i've read the first book before, but can't be 100% sure. Alot of the characters, and the dire wolves, seem really familiar to me. not to spoil it for anybody who hasn't watched it, but at the end of the first episode when the "pushing" happened with the cliffhanger ending, i already kinda knew what happened with the kid.

Comment

i don't watch as many shows as i used to, i used to watch house almost every week,but, i d think i've watched two episodes in the past 2 and a half months. I was watching that chicago code, but, that jennifer beals chick was starting to piss me off.

I did enjoy that southland show, but, it's not really on anymore. LOST ended, I stopped watching that off the map show cause i kinda forgot about it. I enjoyed that the Defenders, but, it got cancelled.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                I was watching that chicago code, but, that jennifer beals chick was starting to piss me off.
                jessica biel has the perfect ratio of muscles to boobage. or at least she did in Blade: Trinity... what an abortion of a movie that was..

Comment

jessica biel has the perfect ratio of muscles to boobage. or at least she did in Blade: Trinity... what an abortion of a movie that was..
                  Worst. Dracula. Ever. That was one of those movies where it looked like they ran out of money part way through production and just kinda threw the rest together.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    Worst. Dracula. Ever. That was one of those movies where it looked like they ran out of money part way through production and just kinda threw the rest together.
                    i kinda took it as wesley snipe's realization that he was going broke movie.

like, say you're unemployed... for an extended period of time.. the pogi is starting to run dry... your bills are piling up... so you sell your ps3, your tv, you car, etc.. just to break even

blade 3 was snipes selling his ps3 to make his mortgage payment. he didnt want to do it, but he needed that cash.

Comment

ya, she was hot in chuck and larry and stealth.

but, i was referring to her not her

btw, new amc show coming out about old western cowboys and such.

http://www.amctv.com/amc-news/videos...hell-on-wheels

i don't know how they do it, but, they have yet to have a flunky show.

mad men isn't my cup of tea,but, it's not unpopular.
                      Last edited by LBF; Mon May 9, 2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        ya, she was hot in chuck and larry and stealth.

but, i was referring to her not her

btw, new amc show coming out about old western cowboys and such.

http://www.amctv.com/amc-news/videos...hell-on-wheels

i don't know how they do it, but, they have yet to have a flunky show.

mad men isn't my cup of tea,but, it's not unpopular.
                        ahhh... my bad. i read bad.

i couldn't get into mad men either... but i blame on it premiering when i quit smoking... and they literally smoke every second of that show... it was driving me into hissy fits

Comment

ahhh... my bad. i read bad.

i couldn't get into mad men either... but i blame on it premiering when i quit smoking... and they literally smoke every second of that show... it was driving me into hissy fits
                          i just watched one episode of it and fell asleep. plus, my grandparents love it.

so, I deemed it for old people and moved along with my life.

Comment

Banana makes me want to dance

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

ya, i'm not watching it past 45 sec. the guy looks like a monkey. btw, i don't think we should allow youttube videos unless you literally have tears in your eyes and poop in your pants.

youtube videos go into funny youtube videos thread.

Comment

I think I found a musician more worse than Rebecca Black

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X