No announcement yet.

Amsterdam / Tolerance / Far Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, people who push debt on you, are not trying to help you. You should never consider them your friends, they will act like it, even pretend to be the victims when their terms are not being met.

The insane debt loads that were being pushed on companies during the boom times, were all greed related and gave bankers nice bonuses. Now the fuckers must reap what they sow. The people should stop bailing out every unsound loan a bank makes. Why is that all BANK risk is always the burden of the people?

The balance sheets of countries, and citizens is shrinking, while bankers continue to make billion dollar profits in some of the harshest economic times the world has seen.

Comment

Love this speech by Farage

Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 31, 2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

It works like this: Greece hires GS, and GS make money as they send them to the wolves. This PBS video is worth watching.
        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 31, 2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

This is not something I know much about. You need a forum with economics guys. You seem very passionate about this, so I'm sure there is a place where this stuff is debated.

Now if you want to talk boobs, BBQ Pork, beer, pot ...
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

A big part of the problem for Greece et al. was the establishment of the Euro. The interest rates were set at appropriate levels for places like Germany but not for Greece, Spain, etc., which encouraged these countries to borrow even more money when they didn't have the economies to support the borrowing.

Iceland is very different. I was actually involved in a lot of the deals that the Icelandic banks were doing in the 2000s. Let me tell you that no one in Iceland was complaining while the entire country was getting rich off those deals.

The problem in EU-land right now is that there are no good options left. Letting Greece, etc. go bankrupt would crash the Euro but letting them hang around is death by a thousand cuts. These countries are screwed. I hope, but doubt, that Canadians and Americans are paying attention cause the same thing can easily happen here.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
              This is not something I know much about. You need a forum with economics guys. You seem very passionate about this, so I'm sure there is a place where this stuff is debated.

LOL, very interested in the subject and I post on most of the economics boards, and debate some high profile characters. The truth is that there is more to this mess than meets the eye, calling Greeks lazy, or the Irish stupid does not solve the fact the both these countries are in worse shape then before the EU.

Most of the booms in the US and Europe were enjoyed due to easy credit, and yes the people who were making out like bandits were not complaining. Unfortunately none of the people that have profited from this mess are being asked to pay back the fortunes. Instead it is the retirees and future generations that will end up paying for this greed.

Anyone can look successful with a new gold card. When it comes time to paying the bills that is when the story changes. Most of the EU's prosperity was created using a false boom. By ramping up credit, things can look great while you bonus yourself out and your cronies, but in the long run... it is people that had little to nothing to do with this mess that are stuck paying the price of the risk.

Comment

A big part of the problem for Greece et al. was the establishment of the Euro. The interest rates were set at appropriate levels for places like Germany but not for Greece, Spain, etc., which encouraged these countries to borrow even more money when they didn't have the economies to support the borrowing.
                Agreed Slaw,

Not being able to control your own interest rate is a very serious loss of control. This entire EU deal was looked at from the perspective of the large and elite financial institutions and corporations, unfortunately for the guy on the street it has been "Ben Dover" time.

Under this EU, Europe like other western governments have created significant disparity between the rich and the poor. When you see the 25 billion dollar deal Kammenos siphoned to his buddies, you realize that none of these moves are ever for the benefit of the masses, just for the benefit of the elite.

The way to keep these greedy banks from giving them more money, and pissing more GOOD money after bad, is to just let them fail instead of bailing their risk out, and letting them keep the profits. (I don`t understand `Too Big to Fail`, never learned that in economics class. Instead I learned that the possibility of failure is as important to the business world as success. ...but I guess if you are a bank, its different competition rules.) None of the institutions that gave this money without oversight are feeling any pain in this. In fact they are making large profits, because the taxpayers are being asked to pay for their risks.

Goldman & Sachs, was intentionally doing its best help hide this mess from the public, and trading on that info to make further profits against Greece. They are massive winners in this, even though they were gaining by steering this ship into the coral. Don`t ever fool yourself that these banks are in it to help the Greek people, they never where, lots and lots of money was being made by pushing loans on Greece and betting against them. They were all doing it, including the Greek government. For them to act now, like they did not see this mess coming is a total lie, babies are being born into this world with a debt load to bankers, who in this economic crisis made some massive capital strides.

As long as you are playing golf with the right people, nothing needs to be said.
                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 31, 2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

sounds like Amsterdam to me.....

and Prague....

and Germany....

and Toronto...

and my living room...

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    sounds like Amsterdam to me.....

and Prague....

and Germany....

and Toronto...

and my living room...
                    To be honest, I wasn't sure about the order. On second thought, I will revise the list and have boobs, BEER, BBQ Pork and then pot. I would have pot higher, but at my age, the lungs and sinuses limit my usage.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

To be honest, I wasn't sure about the order. On second thought, I will revise the list and have boobs, BEER, BBQ Pork and then pot. I would have pot higher, but at my age, the lungs and sinuses limit my usage.
                      totally agree man.. gone are the days of rolling 5 papers, and still getting my ass out to the clubs and partying all night..

im now at the 1/4 gram pinners half mixed with tobacco has me unconscious within the hour stage

Comment

Working...
                      X