No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMG has a new sale on now with all sorts of great deals. They also have a coupon circulating that you can stack on the sales. For example Shadow of Mordor GOTY is on for 75% off but then you can apply the coupon and further knock it down 20% more of what's left; so 85% off. Really nice deals. I'm glad I didn't get Shadow of Mordor last week because I think I want to get this deal.

Comment

• Got the new Automatron DLC for Fallout 4 last night. Didn't even realize it came out last week.

Seems like a neat little add-on. Was able to make my own flying robot companion in no time that didn't have any issues joining my band of 3. Seems to have Quest attached to it as well, which is always fun. I was impressed with how seamless it all was though, and how well it was incorporated into the game.

Looking forward to see what else they release. The Far Harbor DLC is supposed to be absolutely Massive (biggest DLC they've ever released). Glad I took my time with my play through so far. Hehe

And with the Creation Kit being released in April, that will offer even more player created Quests.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        GMG has a new sale on now with all sorts of great deals. They also have a coupon circulating that you can stack on the sales. For example Shadow of Mordor GOTY is on for 75% off but then you can apply the coupon and further knock it down 20% more of what's left; so 85% off. Really nice deals. I'm glad I didn't get Shadow of Mordor last week because I think I want to get this deal.
        Shadow of Mordor was a fun game, and I got a great deal on Steal a while back ($15 I think on Steam Sale?). I didn't play it as much as I would have liked, only because I was super busy at the time, and now I've got other games to play, but I see myself going back giving it another whirl, now that all of the DLCs are released (haven't played any of them).

Comment

• It was $9 USD for the complete package this time. Played for a few hours Thursday night. Really enjoyable. Sort of like those Batman games.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Got the new Automatron DLC for Fallout 4 last night. Didn't even realize it came out last week.

Seems like a neat little add-on. Was able to make my own flying robot companion in no time that didn't have any issues joining my band of 3. Seems to have Quest attached to it as well, which is always fun. I was impressed with how seamless it all was though, and how well it was incorporated into the game.

Looking forward to see what else they release. The Far Harbor DLC is supposed to be absolutely Massive (biggest DLC they've ever released). Glad I took my time with my play through so far. Hehe

And with the Creation Kit being released in April, that will offer even more player created Quests.
            Played the intro to it where you come up on a robot battle and then move on to Shadow of Mordor. Will revisit later on.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              It was $9 USD for the complete package this time. Played for a few hours Thursday night. Really enjoyable. Sort of like those Batman games.
              It's a bit more repetitive as the story isn't nearly as engaging, but it is very satisfactory wiping out whole armies at a time. Same gameplay mechanics as Batman.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                It's a bit more repetitive as the story isn't nearly as engaging, but it is very satisfactory wiping out whole armies at a time. Same gameplay mechanics as Batman.
                Ya I found this as well .. and I'm a big LOTR fan. I love open world games and all, but this was too open ended for me .. its literally just "go find the next guy and kill him", which is totally cool and all, but I'm hoping the DLCs would add a bit more dynamic to the character and game lore.

Comment

• They just released the new "Survival Mode" for Fallout 4. Its ridiculous it took them this long to implement a game feature that was a default feature in New Vegas.

BUT it looks like this is exactly what I wanted and more, and should add a ton of immersion to the game.
                  Makes it so there is no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased damage to you and from you, diseases, fatigue, danger and bunch more little bits .. should be awesome.

Comment

They just released the new "Survival Mode" for Fallout 4. Its ridiculous it took them this long to implement a game feature that was a default feature in New Vegas.

BUT it looks like this is exactly what I wanted and more, and should add a ton of immersion to the game.
                    Makes it so there is no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased damage to you and from you, diseases, fatigue, danger and bunch more little bits .. should be awesome.
                    i finished my ricktatorship game. i had to stop with the no fast traveling because it is impossibly long for a lot of the walks. at least being able to fast travel to your own settlements would be better in my opinion.

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i finished my ricktatorship game. i had to stop with the no fast traveling because it is impossibly long for a lot of the walks. at least being able to fast travel to your own settlements would be better in my opinion.
                      Ya that'd be cool, Though now it gives a real reason to use the Brotherhood vertibirds. unless you are fighting the brotherhood of course.

Comment

• Quantum Break is freaking epic so far. I'm not too far into it yet but there are some pretty sick abilities that make the combat a ton of fun and who doesn't love time travel? The story seems pretty strong so far and is something Remedy is known for. They have alotta things you can discover in game that flesh it out even more. They somehow got multiple great actors for this game and the accompanying TV mini series that plays along side the game is really top notch quality. Don't know how much all this cost to do but must have been alot. I've heard there are some good puzzles in the game too but haven't seen much of that yet.
                        Last edited by Machine; Sat Apr 9, 2016, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                          Quantum Break is freaking epic so far. I'm not too far into it yet but there are some pretty sick abilities that make the combat a ton of fun and who doesn't love time travel? The story seems pretty strong so far and is something Remedy is known for. They have alotta things in you can discover in game that flesh it out even more. They somehow got multiple great actors for this game and the accompanying TV mini series that plays along side the game is really top notch quality. Don't know how much all this cost to do but must have been alot. I've heard there are some good puzzles in the game too but haven't seen much of that yet.
                          Had never even heard of it, but looked it up and it seems pretty cool! Whats funny, is the way the guy can almost freeze time and then run around and do crazy shit, is almost exactly like a mod I have on Fallout 4, which turns the VATS (which slows time down to 4%) into just "Slowing time down to 4%" and you can do whatever you want, instead of limited to VATS selections ... completely changes the game. I never liked VATS.

Is this Quantum Leap an Xbox exclusive?

Comment

Had never even heard of it, but looked it up and it seems pretty cool! Whats funny, is the way the guy can almost freeze time and then run around and do crazy shit, is almost exactly like a mod I have on Fallout 4, which turns the VATS (which slows time down to 4%) into just "Slowing time down to 4%" and you can do whatever you want, instead of limited to VATS selections ... completely changes the game. I never liked VATS.

Is this Quantum Leap an Xbox exclusive?
                            It's on Xbox and PC. Was my most anticipated game when Xbox One was announced.

Comment

They just released the new "Survival Mode" for Fallout 4. Its ridiculous it took them this long to implement a game feature that was a default feature in New Vegas.

Have you seen the guy who beat the game in Survival Mode with zero kills to his name?

Pretty crazy the time, energy and planning he put into it. Recorded it all onto YouTube.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Have you seen the guy who beat the game in Survival Mode with zero kills to his name?

Pretty crazy the time, energy and planning he put into it. Recorded it all onto YouTube.
                                I did see that ... I'm not sure what to feel about people who have that much time on their hands. Haha

Just like the guy who beat Dark Souls 2 on Hard using only the Guitar Hero Drum Kit as his controller....

Comment

Working...
                                X