The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I did see that ... I'm not sure what to feel about people who have that much time on their hands. Haha

Just like the guy who beat Dark Souls 2 on Hard using only the Guitar Hero Drum Kit as his controller....
    I haven't seen that but now I must.

The crazies who do this stuff clearly have problems. My RR time alone doesn't allow for such extensive gaming.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I finally got around to playing Civ V. Has anyone else experienced crashes with this game? It crashed during both sittings. I am running Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I like many aspects of the game. It looks like they streamlined a lot and made navigation easier. One thing I hate so far is that you can't stack units. How the hell can you make a big army to seize a city? I've only destroyed barbarian camps so far but there I had two units attacking a bottle neck sort of location and I thought it was a pain in the ass.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I finally got around to playing Civ V. Has anyone else experienced crashes with this game? It crashed during both sittings. I am running Windows 8.1.

Anyway, I like many aspects of the game. It looks like they streamlined a lot and made navigation easier. One thing I hate so far is that you can't stack units. How the he'll can you make a big army to seize a city? I've only destroyed barbarian camps so far but there I had two units attacking a bottle neck sort of location and I thought it was a pain in the ass.
        No crashing when I played, but I haven't played in a little bit.
        And I believe you can stack certain things, like Generals with Militias, but I think it works fine with no stacking; just more strategizing.
        There's also a mod on the Steam workshop you can download to Allow Stacking.

Comment

• Wow quantum break is a must buy for anyone that likes an innovative story driven campaign. The story and immersion is incredible. Really unique game. Great varied gameplay too. I'm done most of the game now and I believe I have one Act left and already can't wait to play again and make different choices after each act which supposedly changes the story and changes the TV episodes you watch in between Acts.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            No crashing when I played, but I haven't played in a little bit.
            And I believe you can stack certain things, like Generals with Militias, but I think it works fine with no stacking; just more strategizing.
            There's also a mod on the Steam workshop you can download to Allow Stacking.
            Wanna know something strange? It hasn't happened since. Maybe something going on in the background was Messing with it, hard to say.

Comment

• Alright PS4 owners, what are the best games out there right now?

Trying to find the next title to add to my limited collection and nothing is standing out as the clear cut winner yet.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Talking exclusives, have you played inFAMOUS: Second Son yet? You can probably get it for cheap now and it's a good game. I hear Until Dawn is great if you enjoy getting the shit scared out of you. I played Bloodborne and I thought it was really difficult but if you enjoy Dark Souls you'll probably enjoy this and it got great reviews. If you want bang for you buck and you could get the Uncharted collection which is all three of the first games remastered to next gen graphics. Last of Us is really good if you enjoy stealth and or zombies.

It's not an exclusive but Assassin's Creed Black Flag is a great game. If you haven't played it you need to. The ship battles and raids are really awesome. This one is in my all time favourites list. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Alright PS4 owners, what are the best games out there right now?

Trying to find the next title to add to my limited collection and nothing is standing out as the clear cut winner yet.
                  If you like tactical shooters, rainbow six siege is pretty unique in that realm and is pretty brilliant when everyone is communicating. Can't think of any game like it that is executed so well. Counter strike is the closest thing but it's much more basic. There is no traditional story campaign but there are 10 single player "situations" which are just scenarios they put you in. But the bread and butter is the online play. I got a couple hundred hours out of it.

If you're looking for a good story campaign with some great gameplay elements, Tomb Raider the definitive edition is fantastic if u haven't played it and the series looks to become the successor to the Nathan drake style games with the next uncharted being the last one. This would set u up for Rise of the Tomb Raider releasing on ps4 later this year which is also an amazing game.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Talking exclusives, have you played inFAMOUS: Second Son yet? You can probably get it for cheap now and it's a good game. I hear Until Dawn is great if you enjoy getting the shit scared out of you. I played Bloodborne and I thought it was really difficult but if you enjoy Dark Souls you'll probably enjoy this and it got great reviews. If you want bang for you buck and you could get the Uncharted collection which is all three of the first games remastered to next gen graphics. Last of Us is really good if you enjoy stealth and or zombies.

It's not an exclusive but Assassin's Creed Black Flag is a great game. If you haven't played it you need to. The ship battles and raids are really awesome. This one is in my all time favourites list. Hope this helps.
                    I never got into the infamous games. Tried the first but got bored quickly. Haven't looked back since.

Just finished Last of Us remastered a couple of weeks ago. Great game. Still blows my mind that Ellie is Gretchen Grundler from Recess. I would gladly pump more hours into the online play but I find the servers are fairly sparse and it takes too long to find a game.

I have all the Uncharted games for PS3 and did consider the remastered collection but would rather play something new just now. Definitely plan to pick it up at some point in the future though.

I loved Black Flag for PS3 but again, looking for new.

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    If you like tactical shooters, rainbow six siege is pretty unique in that realm and is pretty brilliant when everyone is communicating. Can't think of any game like it that is executed so well. Counter strike is the closest thing but it's much more basic. There is no traditional story campaign but there are 10 single player "situations" which are just scenarios they put you in. But the bread and butter is the online play. I got a couple hundred hours out of it.

If you're looking for a good story campaign with some great gameplay elements, Tomb Raider the definitive edition is fantastic if u haven't played it and the series looks to become the successor to the Nathan drake style games with the next uncharted being the last one. This would set u up for Rise of the Tomb Raider releasing on ps4 later this year which is also an amazing game.
                    Rainbow Six sounds interesting. I think the last one I played was for n64, so I might be due. Something with good online play would be great right now. I was looking at Star Wars Battlefront and COD but I find reviews too mixed for the current price tag. Will look into Rainbow.

Have Tomb Raider for PS3. Great game. I agree, it is likely taking the reins from Uncharted moving forward.

The new Uncharted comes out May 10th - so I might just wait for that. Overall I've been a bit underwhelmed by the games for ps4. The system and graphics are amazing but the games just haven't delivered at that same level. Last of Us might be the best one I've played so far and it's really a PS3 game.

Batman was disappointing- didn't really enjoy the Batmobile reliance as much as I enjoyed the previous games. Might have simply run its course for me.

Shadow of Mordor is good but very repetitive. Not something I can get fully immersed in because there is only so many times you can wipe out hoards of enemies and stay engaged.

ESO is just weird. Doesn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game at all. No drama or intensity when you are sneaking into a cave and 10 people sprint past you.

At least Lego Jurassic World was exactly as expected

Comment

• Then there's Uncharted 4. That one might be alright.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I never got into the infamous games. Tried the first but got bored quickly. Haven't looked back since.

Just finished Last of Us remastered a couple of weeks ago. Great game. Still blows my mind that Ellie is Gretchen Grundler from Recess. I would gladly pump more hours into the online play but I find the servers are fairly sparse and it takes too long to find a game.

I have all the Uncharted games for PS3 and did consider the remastered collection but would rather play something new just now. Definitely plan to pick it up at some point in the future though.

I loved Black Flag for PS3 but again, looking for new.

Rainbow Six sounds interesting. I think the last one I played was for n64, so I might be due. Something with good online play would be great right now. I was looking at Star Wars Battlefront and COD but I find reviews too mixed for the current price tag. Will look into Rainbow.

Have Tomb Raider for PS3. Great game. I agree, it is likely taking the reins from Uncharted moving forward.

The new Uncharted comes out May 10th - so I might just wait for that. Overall I've been a bit underwhelmed by the games for ps4. The system and graphics are amazing but the games just haven't delivered at that same level. Last of Us might be the best one I've played so far and it's really a PS3 game.

Batman was disappointing- didn't really enjoy the Batmobile reliance as much as I enjoyed the previous games. Might have simply run its course for me.

Shadow of Mordor is good but very repetitive. Not something I can get fully immersed in because there is only so many times you can wipe out hoards of enemies and stay engaged.

ESO is just weird. Doesn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game at all. No drama or intensity when you are sneaking into a cave and 10 people sprint past you.

At least Lego Jurassic World was exactly as expected
                        One thing you should know about rainbow six is it's not your normal run and gun shooter, it's more slow and methodical which isn't everyone's cup of tea. But if u like that style u will love that game.
                        I never did get battlefront because I heard there were huge weapon balance problems and the modes weren't that great. People didn't seem to play it for very long and didn't seem to have a long life.

I actually really enjoyed COD alot and was going to buy the expansion packs but it boggles my mind that they don't have dedicated servers. It got to the point where it was migrating hosts like every other game and I haven't turned it on since. Not sure if that was fixed or not with updates but I haven't been back to check. If it was fixed then I'd recommend it.

Also Xbox's are pretty cheap right now and have a long list of very good exclusives and they're only adding to that list this year so that's an option.

Comment

• Hmm just saw a teaser trailer released today for titanfall 2 with the full reveal coming in May. Cannot wait for this game! I still consider titanfall to be one of the top shooters of the current gen along with battlefield 4 and rainbow six siege. Titanfall 2 will be multiplatform and will include a single player campaign.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            Hmm just saw a teaser trailer released today for titanfall 2 with the full reveal coming in May. Cannot wait for this game! I still consider titanfall to be one of the top shooters of the current gen along with battlefield 4 and rainbow six siege. Titanfall 2 will be multiplatform and will include a single player campaign.
                            Sorry the full reveal comes in June

Comment

• I kicked off this thread five years ago talking about Dark Souls. I thought at the time it was too difficult to get into. While back I bought it again, this time on a Steam sale for super cheap after I heard about the DSFix mod that renders the game in whatever resolution you want to run(1080p for me). This five year old game is beautiful with this plus a few texture mods. You can also up the FPS from 30 to 60 which I did. It's pretty much a HD remaster.

Been playing this week for the first time since I started this thread. For some reason I'm a lot better at it now and no surprise I'm enjoying it more. I got through the first boss on the first try, the second boss just barely on the second try and a couple mini bosses as well. I think the key thing with these games is to hang in there for a couple boss fights because it takes that long to learn how to play the game the right way. You can't play these like Skyrim for example.

The only downer is that the servers are down so I'm missing out on all the online content. Apparently Bandai are working on it. With DS3 out now I'm hoping DS2 goes on sale for 75-80% sometime soon.

Comment

• Tomb Raider is not on the same level as Uncharted. IMO it doesn't play as well and the characters are not as memorable, sad to see Uncharted end tho. It's my fav Playstation series

Comment

Working...
                                X