No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished the second episode of hitman. These are by far the largest and most intricate levels hitman has ever had. Im super impressed with the game. When they announced they would be releasing the levels episodically i was very skeptical and pretty annoyed. But after playing these maps i think it was a great idea to release it this way. The maps are so huge and there is so much going on in each map the possibilities and approaches are endless. It really allows you to get the most out of each level by replaying them and taking out your targets in a bunch of different and rewarding ways. In the old games i would usually just move on to the next level after i completed it and maybe go back and play my fav ones once or twice. But now theres no rush, you can really explore and get the most out of each level and they've done an incredible job with each one. You can tell they really took their time and put a ton of effort into the details. This is by far the best hitman experience they've made. They kept what was good about absolution and really took it back to the old sandbox style that absolution was missing. Great game so far.

Comment

• I picked up Dying Light during the boxing day sale at EB Games but I never got around to starting it till a few weeks ago. I gotta say it's massively underrated, how come no one talks about this game!? It's so much fun, I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing an fps. It's basically mirrors edge combined with dead island it's fuckin awesome, I highly recommend it. What other game lets you drop kick zombies off the roof lool

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I picked up Dying Light during the boxing day sale at EB Games but I never got around to starting it till a few weeks ago. I gotta say it's massively underrated, how come no one talks about this game!? It's so much fun, I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing an fps. It's basically mirrors edge combined with dead island it's fuckin awesome, I highly recommend it. What other game lets you drop kick zombies off the roof lool
        i really liked it. if you have high quality surround headphones, really big hdtv and turn the lights off, it is pretty sick. the headphones really bring the background sounds into focus. had me panicking often.

the problem with it is it gets repetitive. after a while it gets pretty easy, game play wise.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          i really liked it. if you have high quality surround headphones, really big hdtv and turn the lights off, it is pretty sick. the headphones really bring the background sounds into focus. had me panicking often.

the problem with it is it gets repetitive. after a while it gets pretty easy, game play wise.
          I had all of the above and I agree, the fucking runners scared the crap out of me numerous times. Gameplay wise eh kinda but that depends on the difficulty you play at and if you find guns and just blaze through the story. I take my time, do side missions, upgrade my melee weapons, conserve ammo and only use gun's when it's absolutely necessary (can't bring a knife to a gun fight haha). Those big ass dudes with the two handed weapons are a pain in the ass to fight, same with the demolishers or whatever they are called. The game is a breath of fresh air, I've been playing a lot of 3rd person games it's fun to get back into a game like this where my field of vision isn't as wide, makes you more cautious about your next move.
          Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Mon May 9, 2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I had all of the above and I agree, the fucking runners scared the crap out of me numerous times. Gameplay wise eh kinda but that depends on the difficulty you play at and if you find guns and just blaze through the story. I take my time, do side missions, upgrade my melee weapons, conserve ammo and only use gun's when it's absolutely necessary (can't bring a knife to a gun fight haha). Those big ass dudes with the two handed weapons are a pain in the ass to fight, same with the demolishers or whatever they are called. The game is a breath of fresh air, I've been playing a lot of 3rd person games it's fun to get back into a game like this where my field of vision isn't as wide, makes you more cautious about your next move.
            go get koraks macghete if you don't have it yet.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              I must be the only one still playing Fallout 4 ... haha Every time I play I still get a neat little surprise with a certain bit of lore, or certain cool location. With the new Survival mode, and some modifications of course, the immersion really amps up to 11. Definitely my favourite Fallout experience so far, even if the Story isn't quite as rich as in the past (though be to fair, I really like the main narrative of the story so far).
              Have you completed the main story? Sounds like you haven't.

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Have you completed the main story? Sounds like you haven't.
                Nope, taking my sweet time and trying to make it as realistic as possible.

I have met Father and am now coming to grips with, and trying to reconcile everything, by rampaging across the wasteland, trying to decide my allegiances.

Though to be fair, I had something like 200 hours on Skyrim and never finished the story either. Haha
                Last edited by Joey; Mon May 9, 2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Nope, taking my sweet time and trying to make it as realistic as possible.

I have met Father and am now coming to grips with, and trying to reconcile everything, by rampaging across the wasteland, trying to decide my allegiances.

Though to be fair, I had something like 200 hours on Skyrim and never finished the story either. Haha
                  Damn man, what kind of father are you? Your son is missing in the wasteland and you're out there taking your sweet time and checking out super awesome cool robot DLC? What would Shaun's mother think?!

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Damn man, what kind of father are you? Your son is missing in the wasteland and you're out there taking your sweet time and checking out super awesome cool robot DLC? What would Shaun's mother think?!
                    Hahah But I found him! And he's running a shady underground organization! Shit messed with my head .. Now I must blow things up and kill people to make the world make sense.

Not to mention the Automatron is pretty awesome. With the helps of mods, I've got a customizable ED-E from New Vegas, with a British Generals voice. Haha
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon May 9, 2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Hahah But I found him! And he's running a shady underground organization!
                      You know what? That's what happens sometimes to a kid when their father is never around. In my world I turned my back on Shaun and joined the brotherhood... Mostly because I think it's pretty bad ass having air support on standby... And also because I watched every terminator movie and I know the endgame here. haha

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Not to mention the Automatron is pretty awesome. With the helps of mods, I've got a customizable ED-E from New Vegas, with a British Generals voice. Haha
                      I bought the season pass and so I plan on diving back in later on in the year after I have I conquer Dark Souls... Or it conquers me.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Mon May 9, 2016, 10:56 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        You know what? That's what happens sometimes to a kid when their father is never around. In my world I turned my back on Shaun and joined the brotherhood... Mostly because I think it's pretty bad ass having air support on standby... And also because I watched every terminator movie and I know the endgame here. haha
                        Hahah Touche.

And ya, I'm leaning toward the Brotherhood as well, or might just go my own way and turn the Minutemen into the Force of the Wastes. Haha

I bought the season pass and so I plan on diving back in later on in the year after I have I conquer Dark Souls... Or it conquers me.
                        Ya, Far Harbor coming out on the 19th is going to be awesome ... its supposedly Bethesda's biggest DLC ever. Should round things out nicely, though there is still a few more DLCs to be released as well.

Comment

• Saw some more gameplay videos of Uncharted 4 recently. You guys must be pumped for tomorrow. Im jealous!

Comment

• I'm gonna wait for the fall. I know it's gonna be a blockbuster but I have enough on my plate to wait for the GOTY version in the fall.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I'm gonna wait for the fall. I know it's gonna be a blockbuster but I have enough on my plate to wait for the GOTY version in the fall.
                              Wow zen master. My lack of patience would never allow me to wait that long. It looks pretty awesome.

Comment

• I blame it all on ridiculous Steam code sales. PC game sales are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X