The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Hey Miek, if you like this and Total War then you may love Mount & Blade Warband. You should look into, it's an awesome game. It's also dirt cheap, going on sale many times a year.

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/filter:...cut/75/100,&pc
    Do you know about this place? It's the ultimate place to find steam code deals.
    thanks, i will check out both.

Comment

• When my computer died, lost my witcher 3 saves.(bought on GOG, didn't cloud save)

So have been playing through again. The patch this past week overhauled the UI and generally did a lot of good stuff. Still a fantastic game.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I'm going to get it eventually. It'll be whenever there is a definitive version that's marked down 75%. PC gaming has turned me into a cheap ass gamer.

Comment

• I have to say, after multiple attempts at playing the game, taking a break, and then coming back and trying to get into it again, ive come to the conclusion NBA 2K16 is the worst 2k game in the last 6 years. And i only say that because before that i played nba live. Im currently reinstalling 2k15 as we speak cause i need an nba game to play. 16 is so glitchy, choppy and not smooth at all. They really fucked up with it.

Comment

• I got 2K15 on discount last year. Good game. Almost zero mod support though...

Comment

• I love how they fleshed out all the modes in 2k16. They did an amazing job there. But they totally ruined the gameplay. If we could keep all the modes the way they are and go back to 2015 gameplay for 2k17 id be super happy.

Comment

• Speaking of, PS+ free games are out for June. They feature PS4 games NBA 2K16 & Gone Home along with four others for PS3 and Vita.

I guess I'll draw my own conclusions soon.

This is the first month in a while where I was excited about the lineup. I'm on the fence about renewing later in the year because I've been mostly gaming on PC lately. Actually Humble Bundle Monthly seems like the best deal around because you only pay for the months you want and you keep the games from that month for good.

I will admit though that 2K and Gone Home retail for $100 on PSN so I guess if you like those two this month that pays for the year and then some...

Comment

Speaking of, PS+ free games are out for June. They feature PS4 games NBA 2K16 & Gone Home along with four others for PS3 and Vita.

I guess I'll draw my own conclusions soon.

This is the first month in a while where I was excited about the lineup. I'm on the fence about renewing later in the year because I've been mostly gaming on PC lately. Actually Humble Bundle Monthly seems like the best deal around because you only pay for the months you want and you keep the games from that month for good.

I will admit though that 2K and Gone Home retail for $100 on PSN so I guess if you like those two this month that pays for the year and then some...
                  Yeah thats a great deal. Just some advice if u get the game and play mycareer or the park mode. Do not create a SF. That position is totally broken in 2k16.
                  One thing I love is they made the normal online head to head mode a ton more interesting. That used to be my bread and butter until the park came out in 2k14. Went back to that more this year.

Comment

• It should be almost downloaded now. One cool feature with PSN is you can start downloads from your phone without needing to be on the PS4. You could be in Japan and execute the download to your PS4 in Canada.

I'm more of a franchise mode kind of sports gamer but I did a little Mycareer on 2K15 and enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip, I'll avoid SFs. Just curious, how's it broken?

Comment

It should be almost downloaded now. One cool feature with PSN is you can start downloads from your phone without needing to be on the PS4. You could be in Japan and execute the download to your PS4 in Canada.

I'm more of a franchise mode kind of sports gamer but I did a little Mycareer on 2K15 and enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip, I'll avoid SFs. Just curious, how's it broken?
                      Yeah xbox has that feature too with smartglass. You can also control everything you do on the xbox with your phone and use it as a controller or to type text quickly. Super convenient!

Well previously it seemed like everyone liked to make small forwards and turn their player into a triple double beast. There was also an issue of people making 7 foot tall guys who were quick and could dribble and shoot like curry once you max out stats. They decided to pair quickness with height to try and fix that. And the SF position got fucked over because of it. Any created player over a certain height (i forget what the exact height is) is super slow and cant run and has trouble driving. Also even when you max out shooting and playmaking they have trouble hitting 3s and performing dribble moves without getting stolen. At least the 7 ft guys can still dominate games in mypark with rebounds and post game. Small forwards got screwed tho. Best to go with a shooting guard if you want a wing position.
                      Last edited by Machine; Tue Jun 7, 2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• old game but just got back into don't starve since a buddy bought it and started playing. super fun game but like civ, might break space time because you come out hours and hours later

Comment

• I played an hour of "Gone Home" last night. I'm pretty sure there is no combat in this game. Its more or less a 3D mystery game. Still, the developers did a good job with atmosphere to the point where I'm always checking my six in the game. It probably helped that I played it with the lights off and headphones on after everyone went to bed. I'm liking it so far. It's set in 1995 and it feels like 1995. Good game so far and something I probably wouldn't considered if not for PS+.

Comment

• So I got a chance to revisit the game today. I finished it in like another hour. Not my cup of tea even though it received good reviews. Wish I had those couples hours back haha

Comment

• Titanfall 2 anyone? This looks insane ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Titanfall 2 anyone? This looks insane ...

Yeah cant wait for this game. Still love titanfall 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X