No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Overwatch a couple days ago. Has alot of good things going for it but ultimately was disappointed in the lack of content and progression. Way too bare bones to be selling at that price. Decided to get a refund from microsoft last night and got doom instead.

Comment

• So I tried out 2K16 My Career. I made a white player and away we go. So then I find out that my parents are black. Ok, I can work with this. For narrative purposes I'll just pretend that I was adopted. Then it's established the my sister, who is also black, and I are supposedly twins... Mom needs to come clean and tell Dad the truth here.

I feel like 2K really dropped the ball here. I mean the way they wrote the script there is absolutely no way to create a character and have the story make sense unless you create a black character. So that's what I did, because it was so silly otherwise. I haven't seen this kind of miss before in a game with the custom character option. The thing I liked about My Career was making myself and then wrecking the league. Thanks for taking away that ridiculous fantasy land, 2K.

Also, I don't care about all this background history on my character. I think his family have had more screen time than me. I mean do I need to know details about my digital avatar's time spent in the womb?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        So I tried out 2K16 My Career. I made a white player and away we go. So then I find out that my parents are black. Ok, I can work with this. For narrative purposes I'll just pretend that I was adopted. Then it's established the my sister, who is also black, and I are supposedly twins... Mom needs to come clean and tell Dad the truth here.

I feel like 2K really dropped the ball here. I mean the way they wrote the script there is absolutely no way to create a character and have the story make sense unless you create a black character. So that's what I did, because it was so silly otherwise. I haven't seen this kind of miss before in a game with the custom character option. The thing I liked about My Career was making myself and then wrecking the league. Thanks for taking away that ridiculous fantasy land, 2K.

Also, I don't care about all this background history on my character. I think his family have had more screen time than me. I mean do I need to know details about my digital avatar's time spent in the womb?
        Lmao i totally forgot about this. So brutal. All because they wanted spike lee to direct the story mode.

Comment

• Bethesda just announced 3 more Fallout 4 DLCs. Couple of smaller ones (Build your own Vault etc.) but also a nice big new world to explore, Nuka World, which appears to be like Disney World?

ANNNND they announced Skyrim Special Edition, which will be a fully remastered version which will bring Skyrim into Bethesda's updated Game Engine, 4k textures, and it'll be free for those who own the Game and All DLCs on PC... Amazing. Looks like I get to go back to Skyrim in October!

Last edited by Joey; Mon Jun 13, 2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Wow killer e3 for xbox today!! Wouldnt know where to begin. The future looks great for gaming thats for sure.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Bethesda just announced 3 more Fallout 4 DLCs. Couple of smaller ones (Build your own Vault etc.) but also a nice big new world to explore, Nuka World, which appears to be like Disney World?

ANNNND they announced Skyrim Special Edition, which will be a fully remastered version which will bring Skyrim into Bethesda's updated Game Engine, 4k textures, and it'll be free for those who own the Game and All DLCs on PC... Amazing. Looks like I get to go back to Skyrim in October!

This is so we play an elder scrolls game while they make a new one after the elder scrolls online fiasco. Would hace preferred morrowind. Skyrim on high end computers on ultra still looks pretty good.

Morrowind would have let them do skyrim later or even go all the way back and do arena.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Technically the PC community already has this version by way of mods. By the sounds of it this new version will offer that kind of experience only more optimized. I'm curious what kind of machine will be needed to run it.

Comment

• xboxones and ps4s

Comment

• No, the specs for PC.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Technically the PC community already has this version by way of mods. By the sounds of it this new version will offer that kind of experience only more optimized. I'm curious what kind of machine will be needed to run it.
                      Close but not quite, as the mods still can't upgrade the Engine, which is what's being done here. They're plugging all the Assets of Skyrim into the updated Engine, and the output will be far and above anything that mods could do. Specular lights, depth of field (real, not ENB), god rays, resolutions, environment and ambient effects. It will all make a huge difference, that simply putting in new textures or tweaking the previous output couldn't do.
                      And now the console Skyrims will have access to mods, ala Fallout 4.

Comment

• Jesus... Did you guys see E3? Sony fucking destroyed it, they won E3 yet again and in spectacular fashion. Had a goddamn orchestra and revealed God of war 4, a new spiderman game made by insomniac games (same guys behind rachet and clank), Days gone, Detroit: become human, Resident Evil 7, Playstation VR, oh and Hideo Kojima revealed his new game called death stranding starring Norman Reedus.

Comment

• God of War 4 looks epic. Love those games.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Jesus... Did you guys see E3? Sony fucking destroyed it, they won E3 yet again and in spectacular fashion. Had a goddamn orchestra and revealed God of war 4, a new spiderman game made by insomniac games (same guys behind rachet and clank), Days gone, Detroit: become human, Resident Evil 7, Playstation VR, oh and Hideo Kojima revealed his new game called death stranding starring Norman Reedus.

They havent "won" e3 since 2013. Id agree this is the best e3 they've had since then tho. Tho xbox still had more/better announcements imo.
                            Last edited by Machine; Thu Jun 16, 2016, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Wow, God of War looks awesome. I never looked at the other two videos.

Comment

• i always thought i could win any competition if i went second. i would just add +1 to everything everyone else said. my theory was i could come off as a master chef because i would win the iron chef. i would just watch what the other guy does and then add bacon. bam

Comment

Working...
                                X