No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should try out Mount & Blade: Warband if you can get it on sale. It's not pretty(mods can help) but it's one of the best uniquely PC experiences I've had since I got my machine a year and a half ago.

Comment

• Was only able to play one conquest match in BF1 last night due to serious network and server problems. While the game I did play was amazing, it is concerning that they are having network and server problems considering the trouble they had with BF4 at launch. I read that many EA games were having issues tho so hopefully its something they van figure out and extend the beta or something.

Comment

• Beta is where they're supposed to identify the issues before launch. If it's gonna happen, now is the time. Hopefully they've learned from the past but you could be right. It would hurt that series pretty badly if the same issues occurred again.

I haven't got to play yet. Probably tonight I'll try it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Beta is where they're supposed to identify the issues before launch. If it's gonna happen, now is the time. Hopefully they've learned from the past but you could be right. It would hurt that series pretty badly if the same issues occurred again.

I haven't got to play yet. Probably tonight I'll try it.
          Make sure you go to the server browser cause matchmaking does not work at all. The only way I got in a game was by finding a match that had a queue and waiting in the queue until there was an available spot and it let me join. Hopefully all the issues have been fixed but if not thats really the only option. Late last night the queues got to be ridiculous with like 75 people waiting in queue for some matches lol.

Comment

• Humble Store is giving away Tropico 4 for a limited time. It retails for $15 CAD on their site:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...content=Banner

All you need is a free Humble account.

Axel, they've also put two of my favourites on sale at 75% off: Civ5 and XCOM Enemy Unknown. Both are great deals and excellent gaming experiences if you like strategy and tactics.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Comment

• So Sony is raising PS+ yearly memberships to $70 CAD. So ends my time using PS+ unless there's a good sale on it between now and when my PS+ expires at the end of November. I haven't played online in a long time anyway on my PS4 so it won't hurt.

Comment

So Sony is raising PS+ yearly memberships to $70 CAD. So ends my time using PS+ unless there's a good sale on it between now and when my PS+ expires at the end of November. I haven't played online in a long time anyway on my PS4 so it won't hurt.

Wow even more expensive than xbox now which is a superior service imo. Thats disappointing. This announcement coming even after PSN has been down consistently the past couple weeks.

Comment

Humble Store is giving away Tropico 4 for a limited time. It retails for $15 CAD on their site:

Axel, they've also put two of my favourites on sale at 75% off: Civ5 and XCOM Enemy Unknown. Both are great deals and excellent gaming experiences if you like strategy and tactics.

Yeah I'll check that out. So far all I've used the PC for is N64

Just finishing off Fallout4, and by finishing off I mean completing the main story. Made it inside the institute and met Father; made two save files so that I can play it out different ways from here.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Humble Store is giving away Tropico 4 for a limited time. It retails for $15 CAD on their site:

Never played it before, and not even sure if I ever will .. but Free is Free. Lol Just got it into my Steam Library.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Never played it before, and not even sure if I ever will .. but Free is Free. Lol Just got it into my Steam Library.
                      Installing it now. Never heard of it but looks interesting enough to give it a shot. Thanks Apollo

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Tried out Tropico 4, basically Sim City with politics.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Tried out Tropico 4, basically Sim City with politics.
                          ... You mean we can build a border fence?!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            ... You mean we can build a border fence?!
                            Hahaha maybe; didn't get that far. You can play as Fidel Castro, so there's that.

Comment

• Another cool PC gaming experience you should try is Total War: Rome II. It's sort of like A RTS version of Civ:
                              Scroll through to the around the 25 minute mark to see the battle system. The battles are pretty much the whole draw of this game.

Anyway, you'll see this go on sale sometime during the fall at least once somewhere for 75-80% off. Its a great deal if you can get it for less than $15.

Comment

• Picked up NBA 2k17 on Preorder for $45. Saved $35 on the launch price, so I'm pretty happy about that.
                                Used to buy them every year, but haven't bought a 2k new since 2k12. Though I did grab 2k15 for like $15 after that season had ended.

Comment

Working...
                                X