X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Gonna ask people:

PS4 or Switch?
    PS4. The Switch is not a very good investment for what you get. Plus, it's 2017, so who besides Nintendo would make a mobile device with a plastic screen? Then there's the fact that it has hardly no games and won't have many for quite sometime. Not a good investment and stinks like the Wii U. Wait a year and see what happens.

Comment

Gonna ask people:

PS4 or Switch?
      Xbox

Comment

• I'll be getting the switch as soon as it's available again. Looking forward to having a mobile gaming machine. My old Nintendo DS needs an upgrade.

Comment

• Nintendo consoles are almost always not worth owning in the first year. For example, the 3DS. I got one of those at launch for a price that just wasn't worth it. The launch lineup was shit and it took a couple years before they had a passable lineup. The accessories were overpriced. The worst part was not even six months in they slashed the price of the console. Why? Because after all the early adopters had theirs, sales plummeted. I think you'll see a similar thing happen here, they'll drop the price. I'd personally rather go get a PSVR right now if I'm forking over that kind of coin.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Nintendo consoles are almost always not worth owning in the first year. For example, the 3DS. I got one of those at launch for a price that just wasn't worth it. The launch lineup was shit and it took a couple years before they had a passable lineup. The accessories were overpriced. The worst part was not even six months in they slashed the price of the console. Why? Because after all the early adopters had theirs, sales plummeted. I think you'll see a similar thing happen here. The 3DS recovered because of the price cut.
            Also, just having watched unboxing videos and reviews it appears it is pretty cheaply made. Not impressed with it at all really. Vita would likely make a better handheld. Nintendo's only advantage is their first party IP and like u said its pretty non-existent for the first few years and by the time I usually want a nintendo console the gimmick has already worn off and they have already announced their next project.

Comment

• Agreed. I was excited when I first heard about it but once I had all the details that excitement went away. I'll only begin to consider one if they have enough success to release a second model. There are way too many design flaws in this one. I'm not paying a premium price for shoddy engineering.

Comment

Gonna ask people:

PS4 or Switch?
                I expect the Switch to not really compete with the XBone and PS4, since I know a few people that have one or the other, AND went and got the Switch. They're different markets and niches etc.

But from the people I know who got the Switch, they love it.

And at this point, all you need is Zelda for the Switch.. what would you be playing anyway if you had other games?! Personally I'd only buy it for Zelda to start, then maybe once I beat that, I look at others, but Zelda games take ages to beat.

I'm massively on board with the Switch. I don't have enough time currently, so its not worth it for me, but I'll be getting one this summer I think once work slows down.
                Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 10, 2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• I guess if you're not a Zelda fan it won't be worth it.. I'm really looking forward to playing Zelda in an open world.. and that new Super Mario game looks pretty fun too.

Also looking forward to playing old snes, n64 and cube games once their virtual console store opens up.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I guess if you're not a Zelda fan it won't be worth it.. I'm really looking forward to playing Zelda in an open world.. and that new Super Mario game looks pretty fun too.

Also looking forward to playing old snes, n64 and cube games once their virtual console store opens up.
                    Exactly. All of the above makes it well worth it, if you have time for gaming of course. I'm working on that though. Haha

And ya Super Mario Odyssey looks awesome. Mario Kart will be epic as always. I expect a new Metroid game at some point as well.

And 3rd Party Developers have already stated they're getting back with Nintendo for the Switch:
                    Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 10, 2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• A lot of people don't realize the huge indie market that's going to Nintendo for games. I'm thinking a PS4 is going to be more up my alleyway (I also have pals with a PS4, hence why I want one) though.

Just got to put cash away.... this is going to be my first time I'm not behind in the console wars. I've always been behind a gen.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

A lot of people don't realize the huge indie market that's going to Nintendo for games. I'm thinking a PS4 is going to be more up my alleyway (I also have pals with a PS4, hence why I want one) though.

Just got to put cash away.... this is going to be my first time I'm not behind in the console wars. I've always been behind a gen.
                        Well the Xbox Scorpio comes out this year and thats basically next gen as far as power goes lol :P Same ecosystem as the xbox one tho.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                          Well the Xbox Scorpio comes out this year and thats basically next gen as far as power goes lol :P Same ecosystem as the xbox one tho.
                          That's true, but I've never been fond of Microsoft's controllers. I hated the 360 controller with a passion.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

That's true, but I've never been fond of Microsoft's controllers. I hated the 360 controller with a passion.
                            I hear ya. Ive always felt the same way about ps controllers. Just dont find they contour to your hand at all and have always disliked the lack of resistance on the thumbsticks and the oddly shaped triggers. All personal preference tho. I use an xbox elite controller now and cant imagine going back to the reg controller or any other controller for that matter.
                            Last edited by Machine; Fri Mar 10, 2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I hear ya. Ive always felt the same way about ps controllers. All personal preference.
                              TBH, I've never liked the Dualshock controllers that much either.

My fave 1st party controller ever? The Gamecube, with the Classic Controller Pro a close second.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

My only question for people who already have next gen systems and who are considering this, why not just get a PC? You save money on hardware, online fees and games to a large magnitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X