No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubisoft has been really disappointing for a while now. All their games feel so rushed and unpolished, plus they fell into that call of duty/2k habit of recycling the same game every year with minor changes. Hope the new assassins creed ends up being much better than what they have been putting out recently.

Also not excited at all for far cry 5, 2 was the best one after that they went all gung ho turning the whole franchise into an action movie spawning more and more shitty sequels ugh. Reminds me of the transformers films, which went from charming and exciting to a generic action flick once they got rid of Shia labouff and brought in mark walhberg
    Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Wed Jul 5, 2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• I was happily surprised to find that Until Dawn is the top PS+ "free game" this month. I'm looking forward to diving into it.

Comment

• Humble Monthly this month:
        + NBA 2K17
        + Pillars of Eternity
        + Some other titles to be announce at the end of the month
        Total: $12 CAD

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Ubisoft has been really disappointing for a while now. All their games feel so rushed and unpolished, plus they fell into that call of duty/2k habit of recycling the same game every year with minor changes. Hope the new assassins creed ends up being much better than what they have been putting out recently.

Also not excited at all for far cry 5, 2 was the best one after that they went all gung ho turning the whole franchise into an action movie spawning more and more shitty sequels ugh. Reminds me of the transformers films, which went from charming and exciting to a generic action flick once they got rid of Shia labouff and brought in mark walhberg
          Not sure what this guy is talking about... Ubisoft games have been fantastic. Rainbow Six Siege is the best tactical shooter in history probably. The Division is incredibly deep and a great game. The far cry series has always been great (tho i skipped primal). Far Cry 3 was far better than far cry 2 and I would argue Far cry 4 is better also. Ghost Recon is incredible and a ton of fun. Watch Dogs 2 was fun. The Splinter Cell series is the best stealth franchise out there and I am patiently waiting for the next installment. Assassins Creed is the only game I can think of that has failed on occasion. I didnt play For Honor but not great reviews there. I would bet you havent played most Ubisoft games. In the past 4 years they have set the bar pretty high with a couple misses. Literally Assassins Creed is the only ubisoft game that came out yearly and that isnt even the case anymore. Every other major hitter has more than a year apart and some are more like 5 years apart. As with most of your comments in this thread, the things you love to talk shit about are the things you clearly know very little about.
          Last edited by Machine; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Threw in Fallout4 tonight to continue to explore the map (already completed main story arc) and I have to say that Fallout4 is still the best game of this system generation. So much to do, so well done.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Threw in Fallout4 tonight to continue to explore the map (already completed main story arc) and I have to say that Fallout4 is still the best game of this system generation. So much to do, so well done.
              Couldn't agree more. Still on my first play through, just finished the story not too long ago, still lots to do. Lol

Comment

• Until Dawn is an excellent game. It's sort of like a Telltale game, only with much better production value and gameplay. Telltale should take notes. It has a bunch of famous actors in the story in their likeness and the graphics bring them to life really well.

Its one of those games that I would have never bought and would have missed out on a truly enjoyable, exciting and sometimes frightening(lights off, wife & kid in bed and headphones on! ) experience had it not fallen in my lap.

Its worth a try if you liked watching stuff like Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc. I remember watching those and shaking my head at some of the decisions they were making on the screen. Well, I made my own bonehead moves in this game. Oops.

Comment

• Just pre-ordered both NHL 18 (The Beta's been a blast) & NBA 2K18.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Just pre-ordered both NHL 18 (The Beta's been a blast) & NBA 2K18.
                    NBA 2K is always disappointing every year. Too bad there isn't any competition for them because they have no reason to fix the problems that are in ever iteration of the game each and every year.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      NBA 2K is always disappointing every year. Too bad there isn't any competition for them because they have no reason to fix the problems that are in ever iteration of the game each and every year.
                      It looks exceptionally better for 18 than it did in 17 though... like way better than the normal year over year iterations ... which should be enough for most to buy it again ... including me. Lol

That said though, NBA Live 18 is once again looking to make inroads back into the market .. and they're looking really good as well.

So gameplay will ultimately decide the winner .. and even with its flaws, I expect that will be 2k.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Aug 8, 2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Picked up the new (2016 I think?) Hitman game ... pretty good so far! Some of the more polished stealthiness I've played.
                        Seems to have pretty much endless replayability as well, with the number of "contracts" you can take, and the ways you can carry out the contracts.

Would recommend if you can get it for cheap.

Comment

• Got Google play for the first time ever and it is so much better than baidu. Playing phantasy star 2 on sega forever app now.

Comment

• Wow, if you're in Sony's ecosystem: https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-playstation-bundle

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Wow, if you're in Sony's ecosystem: https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-playstation-bundle
                              Oh shit. Is this site legit?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Oh shit. Is this site legit?
                                Very. I've bought Steam codes for years. They also donate to charity and give you an option to donate to charity on their bundles. It's rare for them to sell Sony codes but every now and then you see something like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X