Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.greenmangaming.com/titles/sony/

Comment

• Question for the guys who play NBA 2K a lot. Apparently 2K18 is going to release three editions. Two featuring Shaq on the cover, and the third DeMar (although that version seems to be a "Canadian" version). Anyone know what the difference is between these three versions?

I think the most expensive Shaq cover is like $200. Pretty nuts. Thinking of just getting the cheapest one with DD on the cover, but will I miss out on some in game stuff if I don't get one of the Shaq ones?

Comment

• It should tell you on the pre-order pages.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          It should tell you on the pre-order pages.
          Last time I played an NBA2K game was 2K12.. so this VC stuff is new to me. Looking at 2k.com the real benefit of getting a Shaq cover is some additional virtual currency (plus some other offline crap that I would probably end up tossing).

Okay so now I need to figure out what VC does.. and if it's worth paying an additional $40 or $120 (if I go for the legend gold edition) for it.

Comment

• So doing some homework.. seems like VC is a way to just increase attributes, skills, etc in something called Mycareer mode. Since it's not something I'm used to.. I'm not going to worry about it and just grab the DD pre-sale. If I ever need more VC in the future it looks like I can pay for it.

Still seems like I can play with or as Shaq and that's really all I was worried about.

Comment

• VC is micro transactions. Its a giant cash grab because apparently charging $80 for a game isn't a highly profitable venture as it is.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                So doing some homework.. seems like VC is a way to just increase attributes, skills, etc in something called Mycareer mode. Since it's not something I'm used to.. I'm not going to worry about it and just grab the DD pre-sale. If I ever need more VC in the future it looks like I can pay for it.

Still seems like I can play with or as Shaq and that's really all I was worried about.
                VC is actually used in all modes. It allows u to do some things slightly faster but it is absolutely not necessary at all. U earn enough VC for everything u do in the game no matter what mode u are playing. Plus even if u get a ton of VC u might not be able to use it to increase attributes etc because its not a pay to win model and there is a cap on attribute upgrades until u put in the work to unlock more by playing. You can, however, use VC on all kinds of vanity stuff but most things are very cheap and u will earn more than enought VC by playing naturally. Short answer: paying for VC is not necessary and really a stupid thing to do.

Comment

• VC seems kind of a dumb model. If they really want you to pony up $$$ they should make you pay to unlock certain players. Like a vintage "Orlando" Shaq.. or a "New Jersey" Vince, etc.

Glad they didn't do that since I'm a consumer.. but if they really wanted to be greedy that's the way to do it.

Comment

• Well its my experience that the game is designed to have your progress slow in an attempt to entice you into purchasing VC. Think about it, they make a lot more money by funneling you through their pay wall.

Comment

• I pre-purchased the standard 2k18. No interest in the VC or Virtual Jerseys for Street mode. All I play is MyGM and VC doesn't do anything in GM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Well its my experience that the game is designed to have your progress slow in an attempt to entice you into purchasing VC. Think about it, they make a lot more money by funneling you through their pay wall.
                        The progress is slow in mycareer but not because of a lack of VC. It is because u have to put hours and hours of playing time into the game in order to unlock the ability to add an attribute point and by that time u have tens of thousands of VC saved up so its nothing. I have over 100,000 VC and i cant improve my guy until i get about 100 more wins in mypark. I have never spent real money on VC. You can spend all the money you want on VC and u will never come close to getting your guys overall rating to the same level as mine because u clearly dont play as often.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I pre-purchased the standard 2k18. No interest in the VC or Virtual Jerseys for Street mode. All I play is MyGM and VC doesn't do anything in GM.
                          You still get some pre-order stuff actually for the the 79.99 version, just not as much.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Just nabbed the Mass Effect Trilogy for $8 ... good deal?

Doesn't include Andromeda, but I'm ok with that from everything I've heard. Lol

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              You still get some pre-order stuff actually for the the 79.99 version, just not as much.
                              Touche. I didn't realize that until you mentioned it. Neat! Lol 5,000 free things I won't use! Hahah

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Touche. I didn't realize that until you mentioned it. Neat! Lol 5,000 free things I won't use! Hahah
                                So you don't play My Career/Park at all? Odd.... I got the standard release myself alongside NHL 18 & I can't wait to play either game..... and you also get a few free MyTeam packs, which I'll probably end up selling the cards I get for more VC as I want to play the Road to 99 & have as much fun as I can with it.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X