No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to get a Nintendo Switch last month when they were in stock and was initially nervous about the impulse buy but there are a number of console selling games out already and more to come. Zelda is one of the best games Ive played recently and I continue to be impressed by it every time I boot it up. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was by far the biggest surprise to me so far tho. I did not expect much from that game at all since I know and like the genre but Xcom is more of a game i play when killing time. But wow im addicted. They did such a good job with the gameplay and mixed it up with puzzles to solve in the diff worlds. Great coop gameplay and its got a comical element to it. With Mario Kart to top it off ive gotten more than I expected out of it and the portability if it is super convenient. Lots of good games coming up soon too.

Also, I just preordered Xbox One X yesterday. Cant wait to see what the hype is all about. Ive spent well over my limit for gaming recently so I should be good for a while lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Been playing around with NHL 18 Franchise Mode, and it's fantastic as a game mode... however, I just lost back to back Stanley Cup Finals with my Expansion Team to the Columbus Blue Jackets, with the last series going to 7 & us losing a 8-7 game.

Comment

• PS4 gamers, get it while you can: https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nor...-bundle-encore

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Bobson Dugnutt is totally gonna be my alias if I ever need one. lol

Comment

• So I gave MGS5 another try because its free on PS+ this month. I don't recall why I didn't like it last time I tried it out but now I definitely like it.

Comment

• Soo .. I just installed Skyrim Special Edition, and spent way too many hours perfecting the mod set up, and now I'm in an escapable Skyrim pit that I don't want to be rescued from ... I remember now why I stopped playing ...

Comment

• Have wanted to try MGS5, but I haven't played the last few, and I've heard nothing would make sense if I played 5. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Have wanted to try MGS5, but I haven't played the last few, and I've heard nothing would make sense if I played 5. Lol
                    That last one I played was MGS2 (for PS2) and I'm loving MGS5 so far. I did watch a five min youtube video explaining most of the stuff in the past stories.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      That last one I played was MGS2 (for PS2) and I'm loving MGS5 so far. I did watch a five min youtube video explaining most of the stuff in the past stories.

The last one I played was MGS4 for PS3. And after the final scene, and stood up and gave it a slow clap (I was in the basement.....alone). Epic game. Love this franchise.

I may need to upgrade to a PS4 soon....
                      Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Oct 12, 2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• I never played MGS4. I did watch the ending though after watching the above video. I don't mind spoiling it because I don't plan on revisiting the older games. It was a great ending.

Comment

• Anyone else have a Switch here? Called EBGames and they have Mario Odyssey waiting for me. Going to be a fun weekend.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Anyone else have a Switch here? Called EBGames and they have Mario Odyssey waiting for me. Going to be a fun weekend.
                            Thinking about getting one myself. I just never have any time these days. But feel like I need to make time, because Zelda: Breath of the Wild is begging me to play the crap out of it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Thinking about getting one myself. I just never have any time these days. But feel like I need to make time, because Zelda: Breath of the Wild is begging me to play the crap out of it.
                              Zelda was a blast. Even ended up getting the DLC just so I could try out that "trial of the sword" mode.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Anyone else have a Switch here? Called EBGames and they have Mario Odyssey waiting for me. Going to be a fun weekend.
                                See my post above about the switch. Short answer: its awesome and the games are awesome. Biggest downfall is poor quality and features of online multiplayer and apps etc. But man its worth it. It was an impulse buy for me but one I do not regret.

Comment

Working...
                                X