The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine wrote: View Post
    See my post above about the switch. Short answer: its awesome and the games are awesome. Biggest downfall is poor quality and features of online multiplayer and apps etc. But man its worth it. It was an impulse buy for me but one I do not regret.
    The only way I play it is as a mobile device.. I have yet to hook it up to a tv so cannot really comment on the quality from that perspective, but it's fine for me as a mobile device. I love it. Just needs more games.

Hoping that Mario boosts sales this Christmas so that other vendors start pumping out games.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      The only way I play it is as a mobile device.. I have yet to hook it up to a tv so cannot really comment on the quality from that perspective, but it's fine for me as a mobile device. I love it. Just needs more games.

Hoping that Mario boosts sales this Christmas so that other vendors start pumping out games.
      Yeah alot of triple A games and developers have already gotten on board. Will be seeing a ton of games on it in the near future. Havent had a nintedo system since the 64 and man i have been missing out on their exclusive titles. They're so damn good.

Comment

• switch on a big tv is really good. I enjoyed Zelda much more on the tv with the "controller". I've been waiting for better games catalogue right now.

Mario cart is really good too, but the online guys are incredible. I think the highest I ever placed was 5th, and that might have been only once. I am almost positive they are colluding against me because we all have 250 cars and have been playing cart since Mario cart.

Comment

• After years of neglecting the games, I have to say I’m a bit excited for the new Call of Duty, WWII. The games got really stupid with tech but going back to WWII should clean up some of the more annoying parts of recent games. Returning to their roots might return me to buying a new game.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm still chipping away at MGSV. Just finished mission 12 and WOW. That was one of the most intense and amazing gaming experiences I've ever had.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              After years of neglecting the games, I have to say I’m a bit excited for the new Call of Duty, WWII. The games got really stupid with tech but going back to WWII should clean up some of the more annoying parts of recent games. Returning to their roots might return me to buying a new game.
              Yeah I skipped Infinite Warfare and am excited about them getting back to the basics. Will be picking this up.

Comment

• Hopefully it's on par with Battlefield 1 from last year. That was sick.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Hopefully it's on par with Battlefield 1 from last year. That was sick.
                  Yeah battlefield 1 was great. The visuals actually do look a bit similar but its still a COD game and will play alot different im sure. COD will never have the grand scale and realism of the battlefield series but their TDM smaller scale competitive matches with scorestreaks and rewards is still the best of its kind. I still think of them as two completely diff games. Battlefield is more focused on teamwork with more defined classes while COD is more mindless and one guy can still dominate (both are fun). Battlefield 4 and battlefield 1 are two of my fav shooters but cod scratches a diff itch for me.

Comment

• Dear god ......

Comment

Yeah battlefield 1 was great. The visuals actually do look a bit similar but its still a COD game and will play alot different im sure. COD will never have the grand scale and realism of the battlefield series but their TDM smaller scale competitive matches with scorestreaks and rewards is still the best of its kind. I still think of them as two completely diff games. Battlefield is more focused on teamwork with more defined classes while COD is more mindless and one guy can still dominate (both are fun). Battlefield 4 and battlefield 1 are two of my fav shooters but cod scratches a diff itch for me.
                      The original COD is still my favourite FPS ever. My roommates and I played it for hours and hours in university on PC and it was a simple enjoyment that can’t be topped. Sneaking around Stalingrad and taking out the camper snipers in the various buildings is still my favourite.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        The original COD is still my favourite FPS ever. My roommates and I played it for hours and hours in university on PC and it was a simple enjoyment that can’t be topped. Sneaking around Stalingrad and taking out the camper snipers in the various buildings is still my favourite.
                        This was me and my buddies/roommates with Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Counter Strike, and lesser extent Left 4 Dead (1 & 2).
                        These were all once I'd finished school and had money to afford games and a decent Rig. Haha
                        But ya, Bad Company 2 was super satisfying in that same way.

Comment

• Left 4 Dead was awesome to play with friends. Another I loved back in the day was Rainbow Six: Las Vegas. It's definitely holds a place in my top five favorites. Multiple player modes was excellent with friends but the best part of it was a mode that I think was called "Terrorist Hunt". The goal is for a maximum four man team to sweep the map of terrorists patrolling the area. There's like 30 of them on the map and the AI was pretty good in them. Anyway, when you die you can watch the rest of the group finish the map. It was tough to finish a map and so you would see it coming down to one guy having to finish off four or five enemies hidden throughout the map frequently. I played it on 360 and this was a generation where at that point everyone used a microphone and so it added to it even if you were in the mode with strangers.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Fri Nov 3, 2017, 07:40 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Left 4 Dead was awesome to play with friends. Another I loved back in the day was Rainbow Six: Las Vegas. It's definitely holds a place in my top five favorites. Multiple player modes was excellent with friends but the best part of it was a mode that I think was called "Terrorist Hunt". The goal is for a maximum four man team to sweep the map of terrorists patrolling the area. There's like 30 of them on the map and the AI was pretty good in them. Anyway, when you die you can watch the rest of the group finish the map. It was tough to finish a map and so you would see it coming down to one guy having to finish off four or five enemies hidden throughout the map frequently. I played it on 360 and this was a generation where at that point everyone used a microphone and so it added to it even if you were in the mode with strangers.
                            Loved terrorist hunt back in the day and still love it in Rainbow six siege. Its actually really challenging and gets super intense sometimes.

Comment

Loved terrorist hunt back in the day and still love it in Rainbow six siege. Its actually really challenging and gets super intense sometimes.
                              Definately. It's not like some shooters where you can take a dozen hits and not got down. One clean burst and you're dead and so most times one mistake and you're dead.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X