The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine wrote: View Post
    Id actually prefer to see what bethesda can do in that genre with fallout as a backdrop. Sign me up!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Oh I don't doubt they will do it well if that's what it is, I just won't be playing it. MMO's are time sinks and I'm scared to have anything to do with them. I like gaming an hour or two every other night.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Oh I don't doubt they will do it well if that's what it is, I just won't be playing it. MMO's are time sinks and I'm scared to have anything to do with them. I like gaming an hour or two every other night.
      Fallout games in general are time sinks tho arent they?

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
        Fallout games in general are time sinks tho arent they?

MMO's are on a whole other level. They're designed hold you and you generally have a lot of grinding involved.

Fallout games are generally designed as casual sandbox fun in a post apocalyptic setting.

Comment

• Re: Fallout 76

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2018/05...for-fallout-76

Comment

• Love the idea of going to Washington DC ~200 years before Fallout 3. Fingers crossed this isn't a huge disappointment, but I'm pretty optimistic; Bethesda knows what they are doing.

Comment

• eso.

Comment

• I was playing Dirt Trax FX for SNES last night. I remember as a kid the best game mode was essentially dirt bike tag - not nearly as satisfying as a 1 player game now.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I loved that game. They should come out with a Switch reboot.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I was playing Dirt Trax FX for SNES last night. I remember as a kid the best game mode was essentially dirt bike tag - not nearly as satisfying as a 1 player game now.
                    NES Excitebike was more my jam; then N64 Excite Bike. Never played Dirt Trax FX though - looking at it now, it has some seriously impressive graphics for that system though.

Comment

• Well ... so far, it just looks like a regular Fallout game ...

Fingers crossed they've just added Co-op or something like that, with just an expanded Settlement building system.

Also, 4x as big as Fallout 4 according to Howard ... so there's that.

Edit: Listening to Todd Howard opening comments on the game, I'm really feeling that this is just another Fallout game, and I couldn't be happier. He doesn't say anything about this being "different" than any of the others, just that's it's way bigger than 4.
                      Last edited by Joey; Sun Jun 10, 2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Good watch:

Comment

• Nevermind, it's fully multiplayer.

Update: Nevermind the nevermind: "Bethesda director and executive producer Todd Howard also clarified that your choices will still matter, so the classic Fallout vibe will still be present. The difference is that you can now have a squad. Howard says that it’s perfectly possible to enjoy the game by yourself, but that it’ll be easier when you play with other people." Yaaaay for all the anti-social gamers!! Haha
                          Update 2:

Buuuut .... there was this big surprise as well:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Thank Todd!
                          Last edited by Joey; Mon Jun 11, 2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            NES Excitebike was more my jam; then N64 Excite Bike. Never played Dirt Trax FX though - looking at it now, it has some seriously impressive graphics for that system though.
                            I loved that you could build your on track. Always had as many ramps as possible. Oh, and speed boosts!

Comment

• Sounds like an MMO. Looks cool but I probably won't play it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Sounds like an MMO. Looks cool but I probably won't play it.
                                If Elder Scrolls online is any indication then I probably won’t either.

I love Elder Scrolls games but they lose their appeal as you try to sneak in to a cave and see 6 different people running and jumping around to go and back away. Completely ruined the game imo.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X