No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully Nintendo gets on board with this but the more I think about it, given their history, they probably won't get on board with it because it would impact their game sales and they're all about moving their own units.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Hopefully Nintendo gets on board with this but the more I think about it, given their history, they probably won't get on board with it because it would impact their game sales and they're all about moving their own units.
      Yeah it's tough to see that happening even though MS and nintendo have been buddy buddy lately with cross play etc

Comment

• Man, nothing beats PC gaming:

Comment

• Wow anyone see the google announcement yesterday? Pretty impressive. Exactly the direction Microsoft is going except they are claiming to do 4k 60fps through the cloud at launch and microsoft is saying 1080. They also claim to be able to do 8k 120fps through the cloud in the future. The thing they lack is content tho. Will be interesting to see where this goes but the announcement was impressive on many levels. More and more it seems sony will be left behind as they just don't have the infrastructure to keep up. I still believe microsoft has the largest cloud in the world with servers in more parts of the world than google but google seems to be doing some amazing things. The future of gaming is coming fast.

Comment

• Another big update for Sea of Thieves. This has been one of my favorite and most played games of the year and it keeps getting better. For a game that was pretty light in content at launch, the devs have been amazing as far as bringing updates and free content drops regularly. Looks like along with Arena, they will be bringing campaign missions and a ton of new mechanics. Ships are now more destructible than ever and in one clip it even looks like you can build on to your ship. Can't wait till this update drops next month.

Comment

• Im about halfway through uncharted 3 and I'm not gonna lie, after playing through The Last of Us and most of the Uncharted games Im starting to feel like Naughty Dog is the most overrated dev team that has ever existed. I just keep trying to remind myself that all these games were made before 2014. Pushing myself to get through this last one before I get to play Uncharted 4 which no doubt will be significantly better. Will reserve judgement until then.

Comment

• So Uncharted 4 is much improved. Better cut scenes and better story than previous games. However, the story still isn't all that interesting. And aside from the typical uncharted "cool movie-like moments" the gameplay is still terrible. The combat is the worst thing about the game. They need so much improvement in this area. For some reason the enemies are more bullet spongey in the 4th game and the AI hasn't changed since the 1st game came out multiple generations ago. Even the stealth mechanics are pretty weak compared to other games this gen. There is no leveling up or getting new moves or gear along the way except for 1 ability that affects climbing but really is useless cause its not like u can go back and access different areas u couldn't access before. The game is completely on rails all the way through. Really disappointed in this entire series as I have been looking forward to playing these games for generations. At one point it was the only game I would have bought a PS for. Now the only game I can say that about is God of War which is one of the greatest single player campaigns of all time.

The ps4 seriously lacks fun games that can be played long term or with friends. There are still a couple more games I plan to play (horizon zero dawn and the last guardian) but I'm just burnt out on single player campaigns at the moment.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                  The ps4 seriously lacks fun games that can be played long term or with friends.
                  I disagree with that and the stuff you said about Uncharted not being interesting.

Anyway, I recommend you try out these games: Bloodborne, Nioh, Until Dawn and inFamous: Second Son. Might as well get some use out of that PS4 before you throw it in the dump.

Comment

I disagree with that and the stuff you said about Uncharted not being interesting.

Anyway, I recommend you try out these games: Bloodborne, Nioh, Until Dawn and inFamous: Second Son. Might as well get some use out of that PS4 before you throw it in the dump.
                    I forgot about Second Son. Will probably try that too. Don't know much about Nioh and Until Dawn so i will look into those. Have never really been interested in Bloodborne but maybe I'll check out some more twitch gameplay before I completely dismiss it.

Comment

• Bloodeborne is one of the best combat games I've ever played. Its dark, its scary at times, its punishing but yet rewarding. Its exhilarating the whole way.

Until Dawn is essentially like controlling a 90's horror movie. It doesn't take place in the 90's but it has that vibe to it. It's a lot of fun trying to keep those damn kids alive. If you're the type who shakes your head at the bad choices characters make in horror movies then you'll get a kick out it and you may find that under pressure you're not better than those characters.

Comment

• Great article on the massive new SOT update coming April 30th. They are also doing a livestream today to show off the arena mode.
                        Sea of Thieves has proven to be a controversial game critically, but the sandbox multiplayer enjoys an adoring fanbase and healthy viewership on streaming sites. The Anniversary Update offers a glimpse at the game's raw untapped potential.

Comment

Great article on the massive new SOT update coming April 30th. They are also doing a livestream today to show off the arena mode.
                          Yet another great article with more details about how the new mechanics work and the arena mode. April 30th can't come soon enough.

Comment

• The future is going to be so much fun ...

Would recommend watching the whole thing, but if you just watch a small clip, watch around the 13+ minute mark.

Comment

Yet another great article with more details about how the new mechanics work and the arena mode. April 30th can't come soon enough.
                              Most of these PVP games turn me off because the people who have no lives outside the game tend to dominate everyone else (ie: Ark, Rust, etc.). Its a really good idea to add a mode like this, it sounds cool.

Comment

Most of these PVP games turn me off because the people who have no lives outside the game tend to dominate everyone else (ie: Ark, Rust, etc.). Its a really good idea to add a mode like this, it sounds cool.
                                I agree but sea of thieves is pretty unique in that it really comes down to which team communicates and works together the best. All of the mechanics are designed for teamwork. (Although in adventure mode playing solo is very doable with a smaller ship) Most players are in game chat cause that is what the game encourages even tho they have added easy ways to communicate without a mic. The pvp mechanics are all very basic on purpose so there is an even playing field. There is all kinds of strategy and yes skill plays a part but other things are much more important than your aim. There is really no other game like it that I can think of.

Regarding the games u mentioned. Ark has way more problems than skill gap. Pvp is unfair from the beginning. You can't do anything when a massive tribe is running the server. I always play pve in ark.
                                Last edited by Machine; Wed Apr 10, 2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X