No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are streaming the arena on youtube, twitch and mixer for anyone interested. It started 2 mins ago.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
      Regarding the games u mentioned. Ark has way more problems than skill gap. Pvp is unfair from the beginning. You can't do anything when a massive tribe is running the server. I always play pve in ark.
      Yeah, that's what I'm talking about that happens in a lot of these games. You cant compete unless you live at your screen.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Yeah, that's what I'm talking about that happens in a lot of these games. You cant compete unless you live at your screen.
        For sure. It's important for competitive games to have a robust matchmaking system.

For sea of thieves tho, you can make efforts to avoid combat altogether in the arena of you choose. You can win if you set roles in your crew and have someone who is good at sailing larger ships, steering, setting sails and making repairs etc and then have other people who may be better at reading maps to find treasure or solve riddles. You can go all in with combat if you choose but you can win in other ways as well. They did a good job of explaining it in the stream.

I also like that everyone gets rewarded. First place wins the most, 2nd is next etc. If you are in last place there is still incentive just to beat the person in 4th place and that can seem like a victory cause u earn more rewards.
        Last edited by Machine; Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• New trailer for the story mode in sea of thieves. Being released for free with all the new features and arena mode on April 30th.

Free with game pass. Still haven't paid a cent for game pass in the last year cause I earn enough microsoft rewards for it to pay for itself. Both xbox live and game pass are free for me. Game pass is the best thing to happen to gaming in a long time honestly (for me personally). Such a good value. Gears 5 will be free on game pass on day 1 too along with every microsoft exclusive they produce in the future. And they just bought 7 new studios in the last year with more to be announced at e3. Halo infinite incoming and it is reportedly the biggest budget game in history, also free on game pass. Been gaming for free with AAA games for over a year now. Crazy.

Comment

• Looks like xbox game pass is coming to PC with 100+ games to start and more info to be revealed at e3. Xbox also planning to put games on multiple stores to provide options and cross platform support for everything. The new game bar is set to replace the xbox app on PC and will work with all games from all stores on all launchers on PC so the xbox ecosystem will always be available including friends lists, party chat, game dvr, looking for group features etc. PC players won't have to worry about games being exclusive to Epic or Valve or whatever. Sounds pretty impressive. Game pass has steadily been gaining ground but I have a feeling it is really about to take over. Can't wait for e3!
            We believe the player should be at the center of their gaming experience and be able to harness the unique benefits of the devices they choose to play on. Nowhere is that belief more important than on the PC. As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we’re investing in experiences that benefit players everywhere, while respecting the PC community’s preference for an open, highly customizable platform. We’ve not always lived up to our aspiration of keeping gamers

Comment

• I just restarted Assassin's Creed, Black Flag (on PS3). I love this game. Something so simple and enjoyable about sailing around, attacking other ships, exploring new ports, harpooning some sharks while your crew sings some sea shanty. My favourite game from the AC franchise.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ubisoft was giving "Steep" away for free on their games platform, so I picked it up and am pleasantly surprised. For anyone that played/liked Tony Hawk, Cool Boarders, SSX, etc. back in the day, I'd say give it a go.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I just restarted Assassin's Creed, Black Flag (on PS3). I love this game. Something so simple and enjoyable about sailing around, attacking other ships, exploring new ports, harpooning some sharks while your crew sings some sea shanty. My favourite game from the AC franchise.
                  Dude you gotta play sea of thieves

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I just restarted Assassin's Creed, Black Flag (on PS3). I love this game. Something so simple and enjoyable about sailing around, attacking other ships, exploring new ports, harpooning some sharks while your crew sings some sea shanty. My favourite game from the AC franchise.
                    Its one of my favorite games all time. I had it on PS4.

Comment

• I don't get too excited about upcoming games anymore but I'll be a day one purchaser of this:

FFVII is probably my favorite game of all time and it appears the remake is being well made. When I heard they were moving away from the traditional JRPG battle system to something action oriented it had me a little worried but this action/ATB hybrid setup looks really good.

Beyond that, Witcher 3 complete edition is coming to Switch? Witcher 3 in handheld mode at 540p is an amazing thing if they can lock the frame rate at 30fps.

Comment

• Breath of the Wild coming out with a sequel.. can't wait!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Breath of the Wild coming out with a sequel.. can't wait!
                          I did find it interesting that it's being classed as a "Sequel to Breath of the Wild" and not just "a NEW Zelda Game!!", which is usually all it takes to sell them anyway ... goes to show just how popular and successful it was in and of itself.

Comment

• Hopefully they've done away with those glass like durability weapons. Its a little annoying before getting the master sword.

Comment

• FYI

NBA 2K19 I'd on sale for $4 in the Nintendo eshop.

Comment

• Speaking of Zelda, remake of Links Awakening almost excites me more!

Just means they'll eventually get to redoing Link to the Past, which has always been the epitome of the "Zelda experience" for me. Granted haven't played Breath of the Wild yet. On my to-do.

Comment

Working...
                                X