The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Been playing Skyrim on Switch lately. Rolling a heavy armor mage with smithing, enchanting and alchemy skills; this build blows everything up, its ridiculous.

I'm finding all sorts of places I never discovered before. This game was so deep and the port to Switch is really good.
    I am so close to beating the game, but I took a "summer" hiatus. This post makes me want to go back to it.

Appolo wrote: View Post
    It no doubt was an excellent game. The port to Nintendo Switch was excellent and it allowed me to revisit last year. I was amazed at how good the port was in handheld.
    I bought Dark Souls as well when it was cheap, but never started it. Was hoping to complete Skyrim first before I started another RPG. Added motivation.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I bought Dark Souls as well when it was cheap, but never started it. Was hoping to complete Skyrim first before I started another RPG. Added motivation.
      Don't know if you've played it before but it's a tough game. Summoning help from NPCs and other players helps a lot on the bosses.

Comment

Been playing Skyrim on Switch lately. Rolling a heavy armor mage with smithing, enchanting and alchemy skills; this build blows everything up, its ridiculous.

I'm finding all sorts of places I never discovered before. This game was so deep and the port to Switch is really good.
        i've been pretending to be a death robot in skyrim now. running a heavy armor + shield nord fire mage, but i only use 2 spells. fire storm and flames. leveling was a huge bitch, but now i am basically invincible, and just walk into towns, tell them the harbinger is here, and start burning and burning. like the robot from thor 1

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i've been pretending to be a death robot in skyrim now. running a heavy armor + shield nord fire mage, but i only use 2 spells. fire storm and flames. leveling was a huge bitch, but now i am basically invincible, and just walk into towns, tell them the harbinger is here, and start burning and burning. like the robot from thor 1
          Judgment day in Skyrim. lol

I don't have Fire Storm yet but the combination of alchemy used to make enchantment potions, used to make better alchemy enchantments, used to make better enchantment potions, my character doesn't care about levels anymore because my destruction enchanted heavy armor is ridiculously good. I'm level 38 and the only thing that slows me down at all is high level mages. Fireball stun locks dragons, BBQ dragon for all.

Comment

Judgment day in Skyrim. lol

I don't have Fire Storm yet but the combination of alchemy used to make enchantment potions, used to make better alchemy enchantments, used to make better enchantment potions, my character doesn't care about levels anymore because my destruction enchanted heavy armor is ridiculously good. I'm level 38 and the only thing that slows me down at all is high level mages. Fireball stun locks dragons, BBQ dragon for all.
            when i make a skyrim character i try to do it dnd style. then i force him to live a certain way. once your heavy armor gets the elements buffs, it is really really hard to die.

if i am near 25% health i say out loud "fear me" and activate the nord power, then i just drink health potions and continue my cleansing of the disease. i only did the missions to get the dragons out, and the missions needed to get the powers i wanted.

Comment

• i like skyrim. one of my characters was a dead beat father. i adopted two kids, and then was super nice to one of them, and really mean to the other one.

i've done, no fast travel. this was the only game where a horse ever made sense in skyrim.

Comment

Don't know if you've played it before but it's a tough game. Summoning help from NPCs and other players helps a lot on the bosses.
                No never played it before.. I saw a clip on youtube.. looks like a tough game.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

when i make a skyrim character i try to do it dnd style. then i force him to live a certain way. once your heavy armor gets the elements buffs, it is really really hard to die.

if i am near 25% health i say out loud "fear me" and activate the nord power, then i just drink health potions and continue my cleansing of the disease. i only did the missions to get the dragons out, and the missions needed to get the powers i wanted.
                  I put destruction spell related boosts and Magicka related boosts on my body armor, jewlry and gauntlets. Sneak and muffle on my boots. I can't remember what I have on my helmet but I don't buff with health enchantments. The alchemy skills I have can make some awesome potions. This is the sort of game where you can turn your character into a total tank no matter the class if you incorporate any job skills into the build.

The first 20 levels I went pure mage and it was one shot city. It was annoying and I'm enjoying the shit out of stun locking dragons and asshole thugs now. So many damn dragons, like it seems there are way more dragon encounters on Switch than on PC.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 9, 2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• any borderlands 3 players here? i haven't bought 3 yet, but loved 1, and 2. best co-op i played.

Comment

• So apparently Witcher 3 comes out on the switch today. I've heard great things - never played it before.

I have Dark Souls sitting in a drawer. Do I pull that out or buy Witcher 3 and play it? What do you guys recommend?

Comment

So apparently Witcher 3 comes out on the switch today. I've heard great things - never played it before.

I have Dark Souls sitting in a drawer. Do I pull that out or buy Witcher 3 and play it? What do you guys recommend?

I'd give DSR a spin first. Online isn't critical in DS but it adds a lot to it and so the sooner you play that one, the better.

Comment

So apparently Witcher 3 comes out on the switch today. I've heard great things - never played it before.

Witcher 3 will provide much better entertainment value with its amazing world-building. I would go for it 10 times out 10. Dark Souls will only cause frustration, which can be enjoyable only until it's not and that happened pretty fast even though I got through it all.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Dark Souls 1 has one of the best worlds in video gaming history in my opinion. For those who aren't skilled the game offers both NPC and other players for help. That makes it easy.

Comment

Dark Souls 1 has one of the best worlds in video gaming history in my opinion. For those who aren't skilled the game offers both NPC and other players for help. That makes it easy.
                              Didn't use NPC's it's just that I'm personally more of RPG fan and mostly appreciate well-crafted stories and freedom of choice in games.

Currently playing Kenshi, it's fucking amazing. It's as hard and unforgiving as Dark Souls but it's not predetermined, I'm free to make bad choices, fail and learn what makes it amazing as if I actually have control in the game and I'm not restricted or ordered what I should do next. Some people need that in their games but I'm enjoying the freedom, which is not artificial per se like in GTA 5 let's say, where yeah you can do many things but in the end, you'll hit the wall of restrictions/limitations.
                              Last edited by RandomGuy; Wed Oct 16, 2019, 07:13 AM.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Didn't use NPC's it's just that I'm personally more of RPG fan and mostly appreciate well-crafted stories and freedom of choice in games.

Currently playing Kenshi, it's fucking amazing. It's as hard and unforgiving as Dark Souls but it's not predetermined, I'm free to make bad choices, fail and learn what makes it amazing as if I actually have control in the game and I'm not restricted or ordered what I should do next. Some people need that in their games but I'm enjoying the freedom, which is not artificial per se like in GTA 5 let's say, where yeah you can do many things but in the end, you'll hit the wall of restrictions/limitations.
                                It does have a well crafted story. It has a lot of lore. The difference is it's not spoon fed to you like a movie. You're dropped in and you're surrounded by it. You must pay attention and look around, like you would if you were actually dropped into such a place.

You also have a great deal of choice on the level of most other RPGs. I'm wondering how far you made it before you moved on.

Comment

Working...
                                X