No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally made it to Monarch and hoping to beat the game this weekend. There are a couple decisions I regret making and looking forward to another playthrough at some point to see alternate outcomes. So far I feel like this game is just the right length to be able to enjoy multiple playthroughs (depending on how much is left obviously).

Comment

• So apparently it's coming to Switch in the new year. If I have a choice between TV and handheld I'll always pick handheld. I've always loved them. Switch, PSV, 3DS, PSP, you name it.

Comment

• Outer worlds is pretty good but the stealth mechanics are non existent. Really wish they fleshed it out and added stealth kill animations like Fallout and ES, also need more of those slow mo kill animations.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Outer worlds is pretty good but the stealth mechanics are non existent. Really wish they fleshed it out and added stealth kill animations like Fallout and ES, also need more of those slow mo kill animations.
          Perhaps they will? Totally different game but for instance in Skyrim they added a bunch of animations after the game was out a long time. Do you have to play stealth in this game? Generally my first playthrough of anything open world is taking it right at them guns blazing.

Comment

• i most enjoyed melee in outer worlds. i tried my usual hand gun/assault rifle mix, but found i like cutting and smashing more. role playing wise, i pretend i am squanchy and i tell the bad guys to taste my squanch.

i haven't tried to be a sneaky character yet.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              i most enjoyed melee in outer worlds. i tried my usual hand gun/assault rifle mix, but found i like cutting and smashing more. role playing wise, i pretend i am squanchy and i tell the bad guys to taste my squanch.

i haven't tried to be a sneaky character yet.
              Sneaky melee would probably be fun too.

Comment

• Red Dead 2 on PC is by far the best looking video game I've ever seen ... it's ridiculous how good it looks. So very impressed. It's definitely a bit on the slower side, but I enjoy just roaming the Countryside on my trusty steed ... and shooting strangers in the face that look at me funny.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Red Dead 2 on PC is by far the best looking video game I've ever seen ... it's ridiculous how good it looks. So very impressed. It's definitely a bit on the slower side, but I enjoy just roaming the Countryside on my trusty steed ... and shooting strangers in the face that look at me funny.
                  I'm always polite on the road, and never suffer impolite people

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Perhaps they will? Totally different game but for instance in Skyrim they added a bunch of animations after the game was out a long time. Do you have to play stealth in this game? Generally my first playthrough of anything open world is taking it right at them guns blazing.
                    There is definitely stealth in the game and if you level up sneak and melee you can do stealth kills.

Comment

• did anyone buy warcraft reforged? i bought it in 2018, and have been waiting delays until today, and today it says i don't own the game, and need to buy it.

so much nerd rage right now.

frostmourne hungers!!

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        did anyone buy warcraft reforged? i bought it in 2018, and have been waiting delays until today, and today it says i don't own the game, and need to buy it.

so much nerd rage right now.

frostmourne hungers!!
                        replying to myself, but i got my instant refund. my bugs were something like 8-20 fps, disconnects, and sudden blackness of the screen.

frostmourne is sated

Comment

• So I played the FFVII Remake demo over the weekend. It is gonna be a fun ride when it drops next month. I liked everything about the demo.

Comment

• And I'm home indefinitely. I'll need a few new hobbies for ??? amount of time. So, beyond setting up my home gym and working out at home(which takes major will power with all the other temptations around the house), I'm dusting off the old gaming PC. Not going to bore anyone with the specs but she was a total beast in 2015 and I'm hoping it can handle anything new I'll throw at it. First up though, I just re-installed Fallout 4. The Nvidia app optimized it to Ultra @ 1080p and so now I am ready... That said, guys, give me all your favorite mod recommendations.

Also, how are you all doing right now? You getting some gaming in? I hope you're all safe and sound and enjoying some recreational gaming during these very difficult times.

Miekenstien
                            Machine
                            Joey ​​
                            planetmars
                            RandomGuy​​​
                            NoPropsneeded
                            Axel
                            rocwell

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              And I'm home indefinitely. I'll need a few new hobbies for ??? amount of time. So, beyond setting up my home gym and working out at home(which takes major will power with all the other temptations around the house), I'm dusting off the old gaming PC. Not going to bore anyone with the specs but she was a total beast in 2015 and I'm hoping it can handle anything new I'll throw at it. First up though, I just re-installed Fallout 4. The Nvidia app optimized it to Ultra @ 1080p and so now I am ready... That said, guys, give me all your favorite mod recommendations.

Also, how are you all doing right now? You getting some gaming in? I hope you're all safe and sound and enjoying some recreational gaming during these very difficult times.

Miekenstien
                              Machine
                              Joey ​​
                              planetmars
                              RandomGuy​​​
                              NoPropsneeded
                              Axel
                              rocwell

​​​​​​​
                              2 10 pound dumbells, and 1 10 kg medicine ball. when you are on turn 150+ in civ you have about 30 seconds for curls, squats, push ups.

baldur's gate 3 cinematic is sick as fuck. forget ten, dragons ftw.

Comment

• Been playing a few things lately; mostly Red Dead Redemption 2 (cinematic and video game masterpiece).
                                But also some 2k20; Session (new skateboarding game if any of you are into that sort of thing) and the new Resident Evil 2 remake (fucking fantastic as well).

As for Fallout 4 mods, its been so damn long, I wouldn't even know where to start .. I also modded my own game alot and brought in my own textures and sounds alot of the time ... my last play through I had just finished watching Jon Bernthal as Punisher, so I basically made him, and did the Punisher story that way .. will try and find some Screenshots of the armor and vests I made ... was pretty proud of them, but never ended up putting them on Nexus for others to download.

Comment

Working...
                                X