The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    If you enjoy Civilization and you enjoy Game of Thrones then you should try Crusader Kings 3. I've been playing it off and on the last month and it is a lot of fun once you overcome the learning curve. They offer a pretty good tutorial campaign.
    Got Civ 6 for free off Epic, and fell into a DEEP Civ Hole last night ... I'm itching already ... damn those games. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Got Civ 6 for free off Epic, and fell into a DEEP Civ Hole last night ... I'm itching already ... damn those games. Lol
      Downloading a new Civ game is like signing away the next week of your life lol

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Downloading a new Civ game is like signing away the next week of your life lol
        "Just one more turn!". Happens every time. Lol

Comment

I've really been digging "For the King" that I got off Epic a while ago. Really neat quest style game with Zelda style graphics. Also been playing a lot of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 with the kids as they really enjoy that but the controls are too difficult for them just yet to play on their own.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I've been logging into Epic weekly and adding the free games they give away. For the most part they're all good.

Comment

I've been logging into Epic weekly and adding the free games they give away. For the most part they're all good.
              What's the catch? Do you have to subscribe there?
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

What's the catch? Do you have to subscribe there?
                No catch, you just need a free account and then you must "buy" the current free game for $0.00. I think they're trying to lure people away from Steam. They sell a lot of the same games.

Comment

• I recently picked up the early access of Gloomhaven on Steam. For those unfamiliar, it's the digital adaptation of the #1 ranked board game (for the last 4 years now). It's a dungeon crawl but you use cards from a custom deck to do everything. Every turn you choose 2 cards, using the top ability of one, and the bottom of the other. Every time you reshuffle your deck, you lose cards which means the game has a built in "timer" where efficiency is important. Even in beta, the game can be played online with friends as a co-op, so my usual game crew that plays this in person all joined up for the online version and everyone was impressed with how easy the interface was, and how straight-forward the gameplay was. The full version of this game is likely to be released later this year (I got the early access for about $20). It's a fantastic game that doesn't lose any of the tabletop fun while being significantly faster to play (average dungeon playtime is about 30-60 mins I find on digital vs 1.5-2 hours in person) since you don't need to do anything for the monster turns.

Can't recommend enough.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So I finally got around to playing the Hitman trilogy. I have to say these are some of the best games I have played, and playing them brought back my passion for stealth action games. I'm a third of the way through the latest entry and man it's amazing, easily the best one. The thrill of making it through a full mission without getting compromised and getting a perfect score is like no other. Highly highly recommend these games, top notch.

Comment

• Bought an Oculus Quest 2 over the weekend. Wow!

So far I bought The Thrill of The Fight and Onward. Both games are so much fun. I played Onward last night with a couple friend who have had Quest 2's for months. I have a lot of catching up to do. The game is designed to be as realistic as possible. You have to reload the guns like you would in real life and not all guns load the same; you keep your ammo on your belt, you must pull it out and put it in on the fly while dudes are firing at you and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What a great way to get active and socialize while trying to socially distance.

Comment

• Decided to buy the Mass Effect Legendary Edition that released this week. Remastered versions of the original trilogy. I had never played any Mass Effect games before. I tried the original about a year ago but it felt too dated and couldn't get into it. This remaster definitely changed that though and 12 hours into the first game I can see why these games are so well respected. Really enjoying it so far. The world is just so fleshed out. Anyone else played the trilogy?

Comment

• Happy Victoria Day. 2K21 is free right now on Epic Games.

Comment

Happy Victoria Day. 2K21 is free right now on Epic Games.
                            Nice. Also included in gamepass on PC, xbox and xcloud

Comment

• Unsure about those other services but in this case, you own it free of any subscription. All you need is a free account and it's yours for as long as Epic is a store.

Comment

• Yeah for sure. The nice thing about the subscription service is you get all the new sports games, not just NBA, each year along with 100s of other games including new AAA games and all xbox studios games on day 1. The value is kinda outrageous for the price of 2 AAA games per year. Especially considering I have never once paid for the service. I have gamepass ultimate which includes xbox live gold, xbox and pc gamepass, EA Play and xcloud. Xbox rewards program has earned me enough rewards points to have the service for free until 2024 and by then I will likely be able to get it free for another couple years. No brainer.
                                Last edited by Machine; Mon May 24, 2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X