No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when is SOE being released and is it a monthly sub?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      So when is SOE being released and is it a monthly sub?

you mean ESO?
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Yeah. My phone might have switched it to that, not sure...

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          Oh well, I guess I will have to wait for the release. It's going to be paid membership model? Like WOW?
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          So when is SOE being released and is it a monthly sub?
          April 4th I believe.

And yes, $15 a month. I was pissed when I found that out. Probably won't play past the first free month, depending on how much they actually charge for the game itself.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            April 4th I believe.

And yes, $15 a month. I was pissed when I found that out. Probably won't play past the first free month, depending on how much they actually charge for the game itself.
            Well that's a bad membership model to begin with. Current trend is totally free or buy the product, like Diablo or Starcraft, while this... I understand they offer awesome product and quality, but still they are losing lots of potential players because of this.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Well that's a bad membership model to begin with. Current trend is totally free or buy the product, like Diablo or Starcraft, while this... I understand they offer awesome product and quality, but still they are losing lots of potential players because of this.
              Completely Agree.
              GTA Online was a bonus for gods sake to GTA5. That's Double Free.
              But ya, I would have much rather they charge one price, then to charge us a recurring fee for gameplay hours that I can get from games that are Freemium, or Onetime pay.
              Bethesda dropped the ball on that one.

Comment

• The Old Republic tried $15/mo. subs but it failed and so they switched the model to free to play, w/ micro transactions and also a premium sub at $15/mo with faster levelling.

Also I think the software is free now.

I don't see this being successful. I kind of want it to fail because I like me ES alone, off line... Well, coop as it's done in Dark Souls would be OK...

Kill 20 of everything in the region quests bore me very quickly... If there is any of that at all in this game I won't even try it when they get to the point it's a free release.

Comment

• They should just make it a one time fee. I got an invitation and i just gave it to my friend since i don't have time to play and cause my computer isn't powerful enough

Comment

• They're out to squeeze you. The one time fee is the software cost. They already making their money back on that if it sells well. Then they squeeze you with the sub.

They're trying to make a money tree, just like Blizzard.

Comment

• Next big thing on the horizon?

http://www.pcgamesn.com/rust-early-access-review

It's in early stages but the variables on the equation all look very promising.

Think Minecraft with modern graphics, mixed with strong FPS and survival horror elements. Typically I'm a late adopter, he'll I just finished ME3 and am only picking up New Vegas, but this is one I could grab right away depending on how dev goes.

Comment

• there's a game on steam you can get that's called DayZ and its basically a Arma mod that they've turned into a full game. Zombie survival, but you also have to survive everyone else. Limited resources. It's a LOT of fun tho. Very intense.

It's at its best if you play with a couple friends. You'll definitely last longer. Though, not impossible if you play by yourself.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• http://dayzgame.com/
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            there's a game on steam you can get that's called DayZ and its basically a Arma mod that they've turned into a full game. Zombie survival, but you also have to survive everyone else. Limited resources. It's a LOT of fun tho. Very intense.

It's at its best if you play with a couple friends. You'll definitely last longer. Though, not impossible if you play by yourself.
                            Even then, when you log off your character "sleeps" and in that state people can kill your character and loot it. I'm not sure how you guard against such a thing.

Comment

Next big thing on the horizon?

http://www.pcgamesn.com/rust-early-access-review

It's in early stages but the variables on the equation all look very promising.

Think Minecraft with modern graphics, mixed with strong FPS and survival horror elements. Typically I'm a late adopter, he'll I just finished ME3 and am only picking up New Vegas, but this is one I could grab right away depending on how dev goes.

Really intrigued by this one Apollo ... am very close to buying it on Steam for $20. Apparently they plan on removing the Zombies and just having it be a Survival PvP.

Comment

Even then, when you log off your character "sleeps" and in that state people can kill your character and loot it. I'm not sure how you guard against such a thing.

Never log off
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X