The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    What does everyone think about the witcher 3? Not sure about it yet. I haven't played the first 2 tho.
    I was a huge fan of the first two games and was looking forward to this one. Sadly, my current lifestyle doesn't allow me time to complete the supposed 100 hour campaign and 200 hour total gameplay for Witcher 3. It would take me 3 years.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      I was a huge fan of the first two games and was looking forward to this one. Sadly, my current lifestyle doesn't allow me time to complete the supposed 100 hour campaign and 200 hour total gameplay for Witcher 3. It would take me 3 years.
      See u in 2018!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        My story for pretty much everything. Sports & shooters is most of what I play now. I do own a PS Vita so I play some RPG's on there occasionally but these large scale games are tough for me to engross myself in now. I played some Skyrim on PC a few months ago but I lost interest due to how infrequently I was playing it.

I still from time to time play Minecraft. I wish there were something out there like it but with realistic graphics, sort of like DayZ or Reign of Kings but without the PVP elements. I don't find it appealing investing time into a character, log off and come back in a a few days or a week and find that all my shit has been looted and my base is wiped out. Dayz and Reign of Kings appear to be a lot of fun based on Youtube videos except for the major fact that you need to practically live in the game to protect your progress. To me this is a major design flaw because most people don't want that or at least I don't want that...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          My story for pretty much everything. Sports & shooters is most of what I play now. I do own a PS Vita so I play some RPG's on there occasionally but these large scale games are tough for me to engross myself in now. I played some Skyrim on PC a few months ago but I lost interest due to how infrequently I was playing it.

I still from time to time play Minecraft. I wish there were something out there like it but with realistic graphics, sort of like DayZ or Reign of Kings but without the PVP elements. I don't find it appealing investing time into a character, log off and come back in a a few days or a week and find that all my shit has been looted and my base is wiped out. Dayz and Reign of Kings appear to be a lot of fun based on Youtube videos except for the major fact that you need to practically live in the game to protect your progress. To me this is a major design flaw because most people don't want that or at least I don't want that...
          I came to the conclusion after my twins were born that the video game stuff was going to be impossible for me. Between the wife, dog, babies and work my weekdays are pretty much taken up from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm and, by then, I'm too tired to do anything. Weekends are just running errands, doing chores, working and playing with kids and dog. Plus, when I do have free time, there's a lot of other stuff I'd rather do. The last game I played start to finish was GTA V. At least I went out with a bang.

Comment

Check out "The Forest", "Rust" or "Seven Days to Die". Theres a few more on Steam Green Light as well. Planet Explorers is similar as well, but far more massive in scope. Pretty sure it got good reviews.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue May 12, 2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• So here are the review scores for the Witcher 3 so far:

Gamespot: 10/10

IGN: 9.3/10

Game Informer: 9.75/10

GamesRadar: 4/5

Metro: 9/10

Telegraph: 5/5

Impulsegamer: 5/5

AusGamers: 10/10

4 perfect scores? Wow.

Comment

• I'm thinking about buying 7 days to die. I know it's still in Alpha but I've watched a few videos and it looks like zombie apocalypse meets Minecraft.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• The more I hear you guys talk Skyrim and Witcher, you make me think of all the time I devoted into Animal Crossing.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• wow Witcher is absolutely massive
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• the detail in this game is astonishing
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        wow Witcher is absolutely massive
                        ceez wrote: View Post
                        the detail in this game is astonishing
                        Was just reading that the world map size is apparently at least 3.5 times bigger than Skyrim ... and likely much larger given that there are other Regions of unknown size.
                        That's almost too big. I've got over 200+ hours in Skyrim and there are still places I've never been!
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue May 19, 2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Downloadng it now. Anybody playing on Ultra? Have two 970 in SLI but heard it won't do 60 fps @ 1080 on it. Will bench after GOG download. Meanwhile back to Pokemon Yellow, I caught another Pidgy

Comment

• Just got MKX, damn its a sweet game. Its been a while since a played a real fighting game, takes some getting used to but I'm slowly progressing. Anyone else get pissed off at the way it ended though? After the epic ending in MK9 we're given this shit.

Comment

• I started playing Witcher 1 a couple evenings. The battle system was odd and difficult to get used to at first. Now I think it's OK but does the Witcher 3 use the same battle system? It doesn't seem like something that would translate well to consoles.

Comment

I started playing Witcher 1 a couple evenings. The battle system was odd and difficult to get used to at first. Now I think it's OK but does the Witcher 3 use the same battle system? It doesn't seem like something that would translate well to consoles.

I'm not sure if it's the same system but I find the battle system on console to be just fine, I really enjoy it actually. The one thing that has annoyed me numerous times is just the wonky and sometimes glitchy movements when trying to traverse certain areas and getting stuck in spots or not being able to jump over something. Aside from that I've been loving the game. Deeper than I expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X