No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck Hunt, now that's old school. I had the version that came on the same cart as Mario 1.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Duck Hunt, now that's old school. I had the version that came on the same cart as Mario 1.
      it the marios, megaman and the old rpg games are the only ones i can go back to, the ultimas, dragon warriors, star tropics, zelda, link and final fantasies. can't get into a lot of the games because of the graphics. quickly lose intrest

Comment

• magic the gathering is free on steam. so good, can feel time altering and slipping away

Comment

• Arkham Knight is pretty amazing

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            Arkham Knight is pretty amazing
            Its quite good, I'm only half way through

Comment

• NBA 2K15 is on sale for $15 @ wingamestore.com (steam code). I'm wondering should I buy it?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

NBA 2K15 is on sale for $15 @ wingamestore.com (steam code). I'm wondering should I buy it?
                NO. God no. Lol The only reason you'd want it is for updated rosters, and even those won't be close to up to date at this point.
                If you have 2k14, you're good to go. In my opinion.

Comment

• So no go for $15, huh?

...But it's PC. There's no modding/hack community putting putting out new rosters?

Quick browse of the net and I found this:

http://www.nba2k.org/2015/07/nba-2k1...er-update.html

Comment

So no go for $15, huh?

...But it's PC. There's no modding/hack community putting putting out new rosters?

Quick browse of the net and I found this:

http://www.nba2k.org/2015/07/nba-2k1...er-update.html
                    I found it for $20 and haven't played it in months. I have played 2k14 recently though.

The thing with 2k15 is they made it much harder for people to mod, so any rookies and added players you see, will only have a 'created face' and not a 'cyber face'.
                    Check out the Jahlil Okafor for 2k15 that you posted, and then check out the one available for 2k14..

2k14 is legit Okafor .. 2k15 is just the closest they could make him in the player creator.

And really, I couldn't find much for 2k15 at all. You might find some Roster mods, but I couldn't find many.
                    With 2k14 you have the "Ultimate Roster Pack" which updates every couple weeks, and also includes something like 600+ historical teams (think 2000 Raptors, 1999 76ers, 2003 Lakers, 1993 Bulls, 1984 Lakers etc) with every player with a legit cyberface and everything.

So if you can find 2k14 for less than $15, then I would say go for that. Lol

Comment

• I don't have any perspective compared to '14 but I also found this site: http://www.moddingway.com/gamedc/327.html

It looks like it has a lot of content. I'll have to think more about it but I like the idea of getting the newst game for $15 if I can mod and get some real life out of it. I'm mostly interested in myGM. I don't need the faces/bodies bang on for the rookies but that would be nice.

Comment

• Wait a second, so no VC required in myGM mode in '15? That's huge if that's true. The thing I hated about the past few years is the need for VC in the franchise mode because it was nonsense.

Comment

• wait for the 2k16 guys

Comment

• I'm not willing to pay $80 for a basketball game; I will be spending that on Fallout 4 pending reviews though. $15 is like going to the movies and that price tag I can live with.

So I bought 2k15. I wanted a sports game for my PC and this one seems like the best option.

Comment

I'm not willing to pay $80 for a basketball game; I will be spending that on Fallout 4 pending reviews though. $15 is like going to the movies and that price tag I can live with.

So I bought 2k15. I wanted a sports game for my PC and this one seems like the best option.

I'd say 15 bucks is a great price especially if you don't need VC to play MyGM!

Do you game on a desktop or on a laptop? What kinda specs should I look for in a laptop that would be suitable for watching movies, found day to day stuff and still not lagging like crazy when playing games?
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I bought it last night. The game is huge in size: 50gb before updates.

There is VC in the mode, however it is limited to only two things as far as I can tell:

1. Level up your GM faster.
                                2. Buy your franchise ($50k VC)

These don't place any functionality essentially behind pay walls. I think GM level gives you a little more ability but you don't start off in a place where you're unable to do anything as far as I can tell and purchasing the team prevents you from the chance of being fired. I can live with that for $15.

I'm gaming on a desktop. I did the laptop thing for ten years(never used it for gaming beyond Civ & Minecraft) and then opted to buy a desktop this year. Reason being is that I don't need a laptop anymore as my Note 3 does everything I need for portability.

Comment

Working...
                                X