No announcement yet.

Scariest Movie Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man... totally forgot about korean horror..

a tale of two sisters is creepy as hell... and possibly one of the most well-made movies of any genre that i've ever seen
    the doll master too.. i dont care if it makes me look like a wuss admitting it... dolls are scary as hell
    faithless hell just came out a few years ago... really original stuff.. not your usual jump scares

back to Japan..

there is a lower budget movie called Marebito that is actually EXCELLENT... it was financed by a camera company, cant remember which one, as a sort of advertisement for their equipment... but its a great movie

Also Kairo... which was remade in the US and called "Pulse"..

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Look up 'The Human Centipede'.

If you dare.
      no need to dare already did and have long removed it from my thoughts.

do me the favour of not watching it, it's just so disgusting that it's way past a line that even I draw and that's a pretty deep one.

it's not frightening at all, but, seriously so disturbing you will be like that was just fucked and I wish I never saw it.

i give one last tedious warning to remain curious.

DAwn of THe Dead the remake is one of the best scary movies of all time.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        The Human Centipede isnt scary at all... and the concept of the centipede, while f'ed up, didnt really bother me all that much...

what bothered me were scenes like teaching the centipede to fetch a newspaper.... taking something as twisted as the centipede, and inserting it into a normal dog training scene... it didnt sit too well with me

Antichrist i just found disturbing for the sake of being disturbing with no real purpose and hiding it behind the guise of being ARTSY..

Ichi the Killer is some other level shit... There's so much WHY THE HELL IS THIS HAPPENING going on

Takashi Miike is one seriously twisted man... i'd also suggest Audition, Visitor Q, The Happiness of the Katakuris, and One Missed Call (even though he blatantly stole the Ring idea... but still well made)... he also did an English language movie called Imprint for the Masters of Horror series.. not his best, but a good example of how twisted he is..

He's done a ton of non-horrors too though.... brilliant stuff... i highly suggest Crows Zero and Crows Zero 2
        man, the one where the yellow shit was leaking out her brace was just gross. how awful it would be to be in the middle of it. when he amde them crawl around the lawn was dsiturbing for me as well as just the thought of trying to get up those stairs.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          DAwn of THe Dead the remake is one of the best scary movies of all time.
          i love the remake... but i still think the original was far superior

Comment

can't speak of it. as i haven't seen it, not that i've been looking for it until recent.

Comment

The Hills Have Eyes was pretty messed up. The one scene where he rapes the girl in the Trailer with her mom watching ... messed up.

Speaking of rape, you guys ever see the remake for 'Last House on the Left'? GREAT movie.

Comment

And its not really a scary movie, but LBFs sig got me thinking; 'From Dusk til Dawn' was a movie living between the worlds of GREAT and TERRIBLE.

Comment

never seen it... will look it up

if you like the Ring... i HIGHLY suggest watching Ju-On... the original jap version of the Grudge...
                  I never actually saw the Grudge. It had Buffy in it didn't it? Was the American version any good?

Any of you guys see 'The Blair Witch Project' like right when it came out? I never ended up going to see it, but I remember all the hype surrounding it.

Comment

I never actually saw the Grudge. It had Buffy in it didn't it? Was the American version any good?

Any of you guys see 'The Blair Witch Project' like right when it came out? I never ended up going to see it, but I remember all the hype surrounding it.
                    nah, I did see it when It was still fresh and it creeped me straight out, I watched it recently and it's kind of long and draggy. I forgot the end though and it startled me and I tinkled a bit.

Back in the day though I prolly would have shit my pants at the ending.

What was that movie with that Franka Potente chick in it where that monster was in the london subways. That was a decent horror movie.

Here's a movie that should never have been done

the first one was nothing to aw over.

And its not really a scary movie, but LBFs sig got me thinking; 'From Dusk til Dawn' was a movie living between the worlds of GREAT and TERRIBLE.
                    I remember the first time I saw that movie I didn't know who Keitel was or what Tarantino looked like and i thought keitel was Clooney's brother and was like wow! this guy sucks.

The Hills Have Eyes was pretty messed up. The one scene where he rapes the girl in the Trailer with her mom watching ... messed up.

Speaking of rape, you guys ever see the remake for 'Last House on the Left'? GREAT movie.
                    sara paxton...

so sexy.

pretty decent movie as well. reminded me of "FEAR" a little bit.

Comment

FANTASTIC movie... easily my single favourite vampire movie

it actually wasn't bad... but alot of the scenes were straight frame for frame copies of the jap version.. and really not nearly as effective

Comment

it actually wasn't bad... but alot of the scenes were straight frame for frame copies of the jap version.. and really not nearly as effective
                        isn't that the one where the girl walks into her principals office at scholl and the principal turns all green and makes some screaming noise?

because that fuckin scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it, totally unexpected.

Comment

Everytime I see a jap movie. I just think of those dubbed kung-fu ones.

Comment

I find horror made outside the US to be a hell of alot scarier than US horror... The original Ring, and Ju-On (The grudge).. There's a movie called Noroi that i can only really say "it's like if paranormal activity was actually scary"... High Tension from France... Martyrs from right here in Canada.. also REC from Spain... and from before he was ever famous, Guillermo del Toro's The Devil's Backbone
                            dude you have to watch "the eye". IMO, its better than the ring and ju-on. specially the elevator scene. gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

and since youre half filipino, try and see if you can find the movie Feng Shui. Holy shit, thats all i can say.

horror nowadays comes in different forms. there's the supernatural and the gory. i really dont like the gory that much, the supernatural is what freaks me out.

my all time fave horror movie would have to be sixth sense, closely followed by the excorcist. anything that involves children creeps me the hell out.

Comment

LHOTL was fucking awesome. it makes you want to jump up and shout hell yeah, do it do it! hahaha revenge is a bitch.
                              i spit on your grave is one of those awesome revenge movies too. the remake that is.

Comment

nah man, not the american version, the jap one.

Comment

Working...
                                X