Everything Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the article

After Game 4, after we got swept, Kyle and DeMar spoke to the team. They said that we would never let this happen again. That we’d have to accept this feeling, remember it and build off of it for next year. The only way to take a positive from that situation was if it made us better.

We weren’t sad. We weren’t disappointed. We were angry. We knew we were better than what we showed. That wasn’t the basketball we had played all season. That wasn’t the performance our fans deserved.

Heading into Game 1 of this series, I want fans to know that the energy and mindset of this team is completely different than it was last year. We aren’t scared of losing. We’re excited about winning.

Come playoff time, we’re going to leave it all out on the floor. I guarantee you that.

To our fans, I’m thankful for what you’ve done for us this year so far, and for what you’re going to do for us during this series. We want to hear you all the way from Jurassic Park. We want to hear you all the way from York to Thunder Bay to Oakville. We want to hear you all the way from Montreal to Vancouver. We want to hear all 35 million Canadians cheering on their team.

We’re going to show the world that Toronto isn’t just a great basketball city — it’s the best basketball city.
    Hype piece but damn I never got this pumped for this playoffs from reading an article

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pat...onto-playoffs/

Another gem by Patterson for the Player's Tribune
      Definitely a hype piece. I believed the hype.

Also from the article:

Y’all remember all those TANK FOR WIGGINS signs?

I definitely do.

Good thing he didn't see all the posts.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Yeah that article gave me chills. Can't wait!

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Definitely a hype piece. I believed the hype.
          I do, too. I believe this is a group that has done things right this year and it's going to pay off.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
            From the article

Hype piece but damn I never got this pumped for this playoffs from reading an article
            I'm hyped!

Comment

• he's captured the essence of being a Toronto fan in that article...PP would be a great writer in another life

Comment

• Just because it bares saying: this man was robbed of Sixth Man of the Year.

This was a very good year in terms of Sixth Man winner contenders and thought Patterson had a very good case for winning (although if he didn't win; it'd be understandable given how wide the actual list of legitimate candidates was). The reason I have to state that he was robbed was because of who actually won the award. That guy wasn't even among the top 10 deserving for the award this year.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Just because it bares saying: this man was robbed of Sixth Man of the Year.

This was a very good year in terms of Sixth Man winner contenders and thought Patterson had a very good case for winning (although if he didn't win; it'd be understandable given how wide the actual list of legitimate candidates was). The reason I have to state that he was robbed was because of who actually won the award. That guy wasn't even among the top 10 deserving for the award this year.
                  Unfortunately Sixth Man of the Year is not as broad a category as the title suggests. There's actually a really specific type of bench player they're looking for. Look at how insanely similar the list of recent winners is:

Jamal Crawford
                  Lou Williams
                  Jamal Crawford
                  JR Smith
                  James Harden
                  Lamar Odom (outlier!)
                  Jamal Crawford
                  Jason Terry
                  Manu Ginobli
                  Leandro Barbosa
                  Mike Miller
                  Ben Gordon

It's stupid.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• What's not to love about how Patterson has played these first two games. The guy is so much more than a stretch 4 - love his activity on defence and general hustle.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Unfortunately Sixth Man of the Year is not as broad a category as the title suggests. There's actually a really specific type of bench player they're looking for. Look at how insanely similar the list of recent winners is:

Jamal Crawford
                      Lou Williams
                      Jamal Crawford
                      JR Smith
                      James Harden
                      Lamar Odom (outlier!)
                      Jamal Crawford
                      Jason Terry
                      Manu Ginobli
                      Leandro Barbosa
                      Mike Miller
                      Ben Gordon

It's stupid.
                      They should get rid of this 6th man of the year award and reward the best bench in the league and give some type of reward for the players chosen by that team.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Jamal Crawford
                        Lou Williams
                        Jamal Crawford
                        JR Smith
                        James Harden
                        Lamar Odom (outlier!)
                        Jamal Crawford
                        Jason Terry
                        Manu Ginobli
                        Leandro Barbosa
                        Mike Miller
                        Ben Gordon

It's stupid.
                        Even looking at that list; OKC's Kanter or Charlotte's Lin would have been a better choices. This one bothers me because, even if you don't agree with the winner, you should be able to see some merit in the choice. In this case, there's just way too many other players more deserving.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Just because it bares saying: this man was robbed of Sixth Man of the Year.

I blame Drake. Where was 2Pat's song?

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                            I blame Drake. Where was 2Pat's song?
                            Doesn't have enough girlfriends
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Patterson has replaced Amir as the glue guy and they guy that just makes it easier on his teammates
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Patterson has replaced Amir as the glue guy and they guy that just makes it easier on his teammates
                                And as the guy that is stuck behind a mostly useless starting big for no recognizable reason.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X