No announcement yet.

Potential Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to bring back the Sam Mitchell glory days.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      The thing is... would it really matters the way this team is constructed?! I highly doubt we beat the Cavs even if Pops was coaching this team.
      This is true (maybe!) but surely coaching is not the only change coming is it? At least I am assuming some massaging of the roster right?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I'm all for a coaching change, but the people who want to pretend it's not a talent issue I feel sorry for you.
        Who is pretending it's not a talent issue. I must have skipped over that post going through the last 8 pages of this thread. Can you help a guy out and point to that post?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          How about this guy... he is helping the GSW currently... give him a call Masai...

Sign me up. I'm onboard with anything to do with Nash and the Raptors.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            What about Lavar Ball?
            Pretty sure he'd commit a felony so he didnt have to come up to Canada...

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
              Pretty sure he'd commit a felony so he didnt have to come up to Canada...
              No he will come to be the coach of the Raptors if the Raptors pick up his soon to be undrafted son and give him a max contract lol that would be one of his many crazy demands including Masai answering to him and not the other way around.

Comment

• Steve Nash or Becky Hammon would be the most interesting and/or newsworthy hires. Not that Nash has expressed interest in coaching to my knowledge. What about Kobe? Coach Bud just looks kind of sour all of the time but if he played JV 30 minutes plus a game and kicked Demar's ass to play defence or get traded to Orlando I'd be happy with him. I must say I wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be when I heard Casey was fired. I definitely like the guy and feel badly for him. He had a huge role in building this team up from nothing. But his fatal flaw is game management. So we need someone who can do that and also let the Raptor development model keep going. Though I'd love to shed Ibaka for some younger blood I wouldn't mind at all seeing what this roster can do again.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                  Steve Nash or Becky Hammon would be the most interesting and/or newsworthy hires. Not that Nash has expressed interest in coaching to my knowledge. What about Kobe? Coach Bud just looks kind of sour all of the time but if he played JV 30 minutes plus a game and kicked Demar's ass to play defence or get traded to Orlando I'd be happy with him. I must say I wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be when I heard Casey was fired. I definitely like the guy and feel badly for him. He had a huge role in building this team up from nothing. But his fatal flaw is game management. So we need someone who can do that and also let the Raptor development model keep going. Though I'd love to shed Ibaka for some younger blood I wouldn't mind at all seeing what this roster can do again.
                  I am very interested in the idea of hiring Nash.

Comment

• Really don't want Budenholzer. Someone on RealGM pointed this out, didn't even remember but he got swept by a pretty weak Cavs team since Kyrie and Love were both out, the lineup they played was:

L. James
                    T. Mozgov
                    T. Thompson
                    M. Dellavedova
                    I. Shumpert
                    J. Harris
                    S. Marion
                    J. Jones
                    J. Smith

You can say Budenholzer didn't have the same talent we do, but he had Teague, Korver, Carroll, Millsap and Horford as a starting lineup which is at least as good as the lineup we had this year on paper. Just because Millsap/Horford don't put up the same counting stats as DeMar doesn't mean they weren't better than he is right now back then.

Just seems like Bud will be more of the same. There's nothing I've seen from him that tells me he's an amazing in-game tactician.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Really don't want Budenholzer. Someone on RealGM pointed this out, didn't even remember but he got swept by a pretty weak Cavs team since Kyrie and Love were both out, the lineup they played was:

L. James
                      T. Mozgov
                      T. Thompson
                      M. Dellavedova
                      I. Shumpert
                      J. Harris
                      S. Marion
                      J. Jones
                      J. Smith

You can say Budenholzer didn't have the same talent we do, but he had Teague, Korver, Carroll, Millsap and Horford as a starting lineup which is at least as good as the lineup we had this year on paper. Just because Millsap/Horford don't put up the same counting stats as DeMar doesn't mean they weren't better than he is right now back then.

Just seems like Bud will be more of the same. There's nothing I've seen from him that tells me he's an amazing in-game tactician.
                      Yep. Budenholzer is 0-8 against playoff cavs in the past 3 years. Sound familiar? No thanks.

Comment

• Well to be fair, just because a coach didn't have much Playoff success with one team, doesn't mean he won't with another. Rick Carlisle comes to mind, he was coaching the Pistons and Pacers before coming to the Mavs and eventually winning a championship.

Comment

• I heard the Charles Barkley has contacted the Raptor to throw his hat in the ring

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Well to be fair, just because a coach didn't have much Playoff success with one team, doesn't mean he won't with another. Rick Carlisle comes to mind, he was coaching the Pistons and Pacers before coming to the Mavs and eventually winning a championship.
                            Sure, that's true. On the other hand, if your very goal is to improve your playoff performance against a Lebron team, (which includes instilling on the players the mental toughness they need in order to do that), getting a coach that's 0-8 against Bron doesn't help on that front, imo.

He's a good coach though. I just don't think he's a fit for what we're trying to address here.

Comment

• I just want a coach that won't panic when things got tough in the playoffs. Even if it's a guy like Mike Brown. I don't see Lowry or DeMar being moved.. and so we still have a 2 year window here. Get a guy that's been there before and knows how to win. And after 2 years move on with a developmental / young coach when we actually go through a full rebuild.

Comment

• If we trade DeMar I would want a new voice (ie, not a retread). But if we keep the core than I'd prefer a guy that knows how to win in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X