The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    That's right where draftexpress has Vonleh falling right now as well.

Tough to get a salary match though. Maybe with Terry coming back?
    Terry or Williams or Outlaw/Evans

Those would all come off books for 2015/16

If Kings wanted longer term relief, Thompson or God forbid Landry

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      That's right where draftexpress has Vonleh falling right now as well.

Tough to get a salary match though. Maybe with Terry coming back?
      Jet wouldn't be a bad thing to take back. Even just for his locker room presense. Pretty sure he can still spot up and shoot if needed as well. Which he would be needed for...

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Terry or Williams or Outlaw/Evans

Those would all come off books for 2015/16

If Kings wanted longer term relief, Thompson or God forbid Landry
        If they were willing to give up on Williams, I'd give a kick at that can.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Sacramento and LA (assuming Gasol leaves) could use PF's.
          Sacramento has Carl Landry, Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson who can all play PF. They really, really don't need a fourth power forward, and although Amir is better than any of those three, he's not so much better that it makes it worth it for Sacramento to give up or move down from their #7 pick.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Sacramento has Carl Landry, Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson who can all play PF. They really, really don't need a fourth power forward, and although Amir is better than any of those three, he's not so much better that it makes it worth it for Sacramento to give up or move down from their #7 pick.
            Not really ... none of them are actually capable PFs ... LOL

Comment

I think they keep it and pick McDermott

McDermott = Ryan Anderson
              Drummond = Dwight Howard
              For them it's a choice of McDermott or Ross and Hood.

Jennings, Ross, Hood, Smith, Drummond seems beautiful.

Smith and Drummond can be adequate defenders, as can Ross.
              Ross and Hood provide spacing.
              Jennings and Smith are only two players who need the ball in their hands.

Not saying they'd necessarily do that, but it's not a bad idea for them.

I must say, I think I'd rather be the Pistons than the Celtics right now, and that's not a knock on the Cs

That team is absolutely loaded with potential (speaking of which, what happened to omgsomuchpotential, greatest name in forum history), and you have to hope SVG can maximize it.

And then they still have like 15M in cap space this year.
              Last edited by stooley; Fri May 16, 2014, 10:34 AM.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Speaking of McDermott, apparently scouts were really impressed with his lateral quickness at the combine. People are saying he could guard 3s (not especially well, but he won't guard anyone especially well).
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Regardless of where he goes in the draft, would you guys trade Amir and our 20th for Vonleh? Would an opposing GM go for that?
                  I would definitely do that. I'd even be willing to take a 2 year deal back in exchange.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    Trading Ross + 20th for Detroit's pick may very well be a possibility.

They need perimeter shooters BAD.
                    Caldwell-Pope is supposed to be their Ross. I think they let him develop instead of flipping a lottery pick for Ross.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      I would definitely do that. I'd even be willing to take a 2 year deal back in exchange.
                      Agreed, I also really wouldn't mind taking salary back because we'd have to readjust our window a little bit as we develop Vonleh.

Maybe throw in Salmons and THans as well and bite the crappy salary bullet for a year or two.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        If they were willing to give up on Williams, I'd give a kick at that can.
                        With #7 coming as well? Sure.

I certainly wouldn't give up anything of value for Williams alone.

He is approaching bust status after 2 teams and showing little to nothing with either.

Comment

With #7 coming as well? Sure.

I certainly wouldn't give up anything of value for Williams alone.

He is approaching bust status after 2 teams and showing little to nothing with either.
                          Oh ya, sorry, should have stated that he would just be the filler.

ADD Though in my defense, I did liken Derrick Williams career to kicking a can down a road ... LOL
                          Last edited by Joey; Fri May 16, 2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Caldwell-Pope is supposed to be their Ross. I think they let him develop instead of flipping a lottery pick for Ross.
                            Was he ever known as a shooter though?

I read a Pistons article in the Morning Coffee mentioning Waiters, Barnes and Ross as potential trade targets for them. Of those three, I think Ross is the best considering their desperate need for spacing.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              Was he ever known as a shooter though?

I read a Pistons article in the Morning Coffee mentioning Waiters, Barnes and Ross as potential trade targets for them. Of those three, I think Ross is the best considering their desperate need for spacing.
                              I don't mean to get the thread off topic, but would a Monroe-Barnes trade work for both teams?

Barnes would be a great 3pt shooting SF for Detroit, allowing them to move Smith to PF.

With Bogut's career winding down and him being so injury prone (and O'Neal mulling retirement), not to mention rumors that Steve Kerr may implement the triangle offense in GS (which requires a big with good court vision and passing abilities), Monroe might be a good option for them (as either a C or PF).

Comment

• "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X