• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Jarnell Stokes will be picked in the first round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well then we should not get him.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      Well then we should not get him.
      Wouldn't be the first time Masai picked an undersized double double machine.

Except his not undersized 6'9" 263lbs 7'1" wingspan

Comparison to Chuck Hayes have to stop.

Jarnell Stokes is 263 but has a body fat percentage of 5.8 and also has a 36 max

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anyone think any of the pf are a upgrade for our team? Vonlah has potential but he is needs a lot more str and needs to stop bring the ball down to get stripped. Probably be good in 3-4 years

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          Anyone think any of the pf are a upgrade for our team? Vonlah has potential but he is needs a lot more str and needs to stop bring the ball down to get stripped. Probably be good in 3-4 years

PF is the least of our troubles. We need a backup C and a real SF if we're going for fit. If we aren't, then pick the best guy available and don't worry if he's an upgrade
          @Boymusic66

Comment

• The most recent ESPN mock draft has Hood at 19 and Nurkic at 20.

I'd really like either of those guys with our first rounder.

Also, Cleanthony Early at 22:

Early's rise in the NCAA tournament continued with a very good showing in Chicago. He measured 6-7½ in shoes with a nearly 6-11 wingspan. He also wowed scouts with a very impressive 40-inch vertical -- an inch higher than Aaron Gordon. His lateral quickness numbers also were impressive for his size, easing concerns about his ability to defend wings in the NBA.
            I'm not as high on him but if we need a SF and Hood is off the board, I'd prefer Early over Grant.

Nurkic apparently is lacking explosiveness and speed but he's a big, strong body and quite young. He'd be an ideal backup C with the potential to break out.

edit: drafting bench players is fun.
            Last edited by stooley; Tue May 20, 2014, 08:52 AM.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Although the more I read about Jerami Grant being able to play the 4, the more intrigued I am.

Small ball is growing in the league and it could be valuable to have a guy able to lock down the Lebrons and Paul Pierces of the league from the perimeter. I just question whether an energy 4 is the right pick for us. It would allow us to let Amir go next year I guess if we need the cap space.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Swap DD + 20 for Stauskas and call it a draft

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Swap DD + 20 for Stauskas and call it a draft
                  Throw in Chandler and Mozgov and we've got a deal
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    Although the more I read about Jerami Grant being able to play the 4, the more intrigued I am.

Small ball is growing in the league and it could be valuable to have a guy able to lock down the Lebrons and Paul Pierces of the league from the perimeter. I just question whether an energy 4 is the right pick for us. It would allow us to let Amir go next year I guess if we need the cap space.
                    You're finally growing up on him.

He could defend at least 3 positions, which makes him a possible mismatch nightmare if he develops any sort of post move beside spins. (Taste your own medicine JJ?)
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                      You're finally growing up on him.

He could defend at least 3 positions, which makes him a possible mismatch nightmare if he develops any sort of post move beside spins. (Taste your own medicine JJ?)
                      Best case, I think Grant is a slightly longer Thabo Sefolosha. I just don't see him playing offense beyond put backs, alley oops and back door cuts.
                      Last edited by stooley; Tue May 20, 2014, 09:22 AM.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Although the more I read about Jerami Grant being able to play the 4, the more intrigued I am.

The Amir part is interesting. I don't know about you guys but, for some reason I get a feeling Masai not a big fan of AJ. With all the trade about Faried early in the year. Also all the talk about adding length. Those are all the things AJ is suppose to bring. I get a feeling that if Masai gets a PF he likes in this draft he might just let AJ walk.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          The Amir part is interesting. I don't know about you guys but, for some reason I get a feeling Masai not a big fan of AJ. With all the trade about Faried early in the year. Also all the talk about adding length. Those are all the things AJ is suppose to bring. I get a feeling that if Masai gets a PF he likes in this draft he might just let AJ walk.

I think we keep Amir this year, but am not sure if we resign him next summer.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think we keep Amir this year, but am not sure if we resign him next summer.
                            If we get another PF and he can play backup C, I would love him to come back.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                              If we get another PF and he can play backup C, I would love him to come back.
                              He could be a good backup C, Hayes will be gone next year as well.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Anyone feel like Kyle Anderson can play the 4? I was really big on him till I saw he had body fat percentage of 13.5

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X