No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do like this guy. He does have the same body type as West and the Mailman and its hard to accept the idea that at 260 he is undersized at the PF position. He is an athlete and he has more than enough muscle. He apparently did 22 reps @185 lbs on the bench press. Thats amazing. Still he is enough of an unknown commodity that its going to be viewed as a reach if we pull the trigger on him at 20. Love to swing a trade with OKC/PHX if he is stlll on the board at 27 or 29.

AND
    Thats why they pay MU the big bucks to figure out if he can be in the mold of David West and Karl Malone or if he turns into the ghost of the Brazilian plug Rafael Arujo.

Only 8 more days to go till we find out.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      I do like this guy. He does have the same body type as West and the Mailman and its hard to accept the idea that at 260 he is undersized at the PF position. He is an athlete and he has more than enough muscle. He apparently did 22 reps @185 lbs on the bench press. Thats amazing. Still he is enough of an unknown commodity that its going to be viewed as a reach if we pull the trigger on him at 20. Love to swing a trade with OKC/PHX if he is stlll on the board at 27 or 29.

AND
      Thats why they pay MU the big bucks to figure out if he can be in the mold of David West and Karl Malone or if he turns into the ghost of the Brazilian plug Rafael Arujo.

Only 8 more days to go till we find out.
      I can't fucking wait for the draft...but it's on tsn2.

Looks like I gotta low quality stream it.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I'm torn between Stokes and Capela.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Little more on Stokes from the combine says the big guy can shoot a bit as well. Both off the bounce and post up.
          He shot 61% off the dribble from 15 feet. For context PJ Hairston shot 63%
          He shot 58% on spot up shooting from 15 feet. For a compare Zach Levine shot 54% and Rodney Hood shot 60%.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 18, 2014, 10:04 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I'm torn between Stokes and Capela.
            I think I take Capela if those are my options. Capela would be a lottery pick if not for the Summit.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              I think I take Capela if those are my options. Capela would be a lottery pick if not for the Summit.
              I'm starting to lean towards Capela as well. How often is it that you get to draft someone with so much talent that late in a draft? Thank you Nike Hoop Summit.

Comment

• chr1s1anl wrote: View Post
                i'm torn between stokes and capela.
                capela!
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I'd go with Capela. Definitely the higher risk, higher reward option of the two, but I think the Raptors are still in a position where they need to swing for the fences. But Capela's lack of understanding about who he needs to be in the NBA worries me. Put Stokes' mind in Capela's body, and you've got a franchise PF (who, of course, would never be available at #20).

Comment

• I know people already automatically discount anything from nbadraft.net, but how screwy is this: In the top 20, they have 6 PGs taken, and Tyler Ennis is not one of them. Yes, according to nbadraft, not only do the Bulls pass on him to take Jordan Clarkson, but the Raptors pass on Ennis to take... Shabazz Napier?! I don't think a single person who follows the Raptors even remotely could conceive of them drafting Napier with Ennis on the board.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I know people already automatically discount anything from nbadraft.net, but how screwy is this: In the top 20, they have 6 PGs taken, and Tyler Ennis is not one of them. Yes, according to nbadraft, not only do the Bulls pass on him to take Jordan Clarkson, but the Raptors pass on Ennis to take... Shabazz Napier?! I don't think a single person who follows the Raptors even remotely could conceive of them drafting Napier with Ennis on the board.
                      They also have Jarnell Stokes going 42 LMAO
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Today's Workout: Aaron Craft (PG), T.J. Bray (PG), Roscoe Smith (SF), Eric Moreland (PF/C), Isaiah Austin (C) and Daniel Miller (C)

Aaron Craft (PG): 6'2", 192 lbs. Small PG, not particularly athletic, very good defender with good strength and lateral quickness, poor shooter, good assist man (almost 5 per game, better than 2:1 AST:TO). Projected at 68, 23 years old.

T.J. Bray (PG): 6'6", 205 lbs. Good 3 point shooter, good passer. Not much info. Played for Princeton. Not projected, 22 years old.

Roscoe Smith (SF): 6'8", 202 lbs. 7'2" wingspan and pretty athletic. Not a shooter. Very good rebounder, not much else. Very versatile and effective defender - not much for steals or blocks, but moves well laterally and is good man-to-man. A little raw, but has the physical tools. Projected at 36, 23 years old.

Eric Moreland (PF/C): 6'10", 224 lbs. 7'4" wingspan. Rebounds well, blocks shots, good mobility, runs the floor well. Not an offensive presence, living almost entirely off dump ins and offensive rebounds. Draws fouls very well, but shoots poorly from the line. Undersized, so gets beat up in the post. Projected at 92, 22 years old.

Isaiah Austin (C): 7'0", 220 lbs. 7'5" wingspan. Another long and skinny C. Limited athleticism. Good mobility, but not strong. Only an OK rebounder, not much of a performer in general in college. Poor scorer, but defended well, and blocks a lot of shots. Undersized in the post, so struggles there, but is a solid all around defender. Projected at 63, 20 years old.

Daniel Miller (C): 7'0", 267 lbs. Big C, with a solid 7'2" wingspan. Decent rebounder, will block some shots, converts well in close to the basket. Not a post threat though - his offense is primarily putbacks and dump ins. Poor but not terrible FT shooter. Projected 74, 22 years old.

Not a lot of interesting prospects here. Craft, Smith or Austin could be worth a look at 59, but I think there are much better prospects available at 37. Nice to see Ujiri doing in depth homework for that 59 pick - might find someone worth picking even that late.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          They also have Jarnell Stokes going 42 LMAO
                          Nbadraft.net is a terrible site. Never waste my time going on there. I don't know how it got so popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
                            I think Stokes will still be available at 37
                            He definitely won't.

I'd draft Stokes over Capela, seems like an overall smarter guy with a better skillset. I'm scared of a athletic idiots.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Today's Workout: Aaron Craft (PG), T.J. Bray (PG), Roscoe Smith (SF), Eric Moreland (PF/C), Isaiah Austin (C) and Daniel Miller (C)

Aaron Craft (PG): 6'2", 192 lbs. Small PG, not particularly athletic, very good defender with good strength and lateral quickness, poor shooter, good assist man (almost 5 per game, better than 2:1 AST:TO). Projected at 68, 23 years old.

T.J. Bray (PG): 6'6", 205 lbs. Good 3 point shooter, good passer. Not much info. Played for Princeton. Not projected, 22 years old.

Roscoe Smith (SF): 6'8", 202 lbs. 7'2" wingspan and pretty athletic. Not a shooter. Very good rebounder, not much else. Very versatile and effective defender - not much for steals or blocks, but moves well laterally and is good man-to-man. A little raw, but has the physical tools. Projected at 36, 23 years old.

Eric Moreland (PF/C): 6'10", 224 lbs. 7'4" wingspan. Rebounds well, blocks shots, good mobility, runs the floor well. Not an offensive presence, living almost entirely off dump ins and offensive rebounds. Draws fouls very well, but shoots poorly from the line. Undersized, so gets beat up in the post. Projected at 92, 22 years old.

Isaiah Austin (C): 7'0", 220 lbs. 7'5" wingspan. Another long and skinny C. Limited athleticism. Good mobility, but not strong. Only an OK rebounder, not much of a performer in general in college. Poor scorer, but defended well, and blocks a lot of shots. Undersized in the post, so struggles there, but is a solid all around defender. Projected at 63, 20 years old.

Daniel Miller (C): 7'0", 267 lbs. Big C, with a solid 7'2" wingspan. Decent rebounder, will block some shots, converts well in close to the basket. Not a post threat though - his offense is primarily putbacks and dump ins. Poor but not terrible FT shooter. Projected 74, 22 years old.

Not a lot of interesting prospects here. Craft, Smith or Austin could be worth a look at 59, but I think there are much better prospects available at 37. Nice to see Ujiri doing in depth homework for that 59 pick - might find someone worth picking even that late.
                              Yikes.
                              Myself (March 2014):
                              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Nbadraft.net is a terrible site. Never waste my time going on there. I don't know how it got so popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Draft Express has the better information. NBAdraft.net just has the better layout, and just for that it gets people to pay attention to it. Their draft predictions are so different than any other site/experts, it just makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X