No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much analysis! My head hurts! An 8 ball or rock paper scissors works just about as well without the endless minutiae of statistical detail. Really it's an overload and overkill.

Comment

• Seeing as how we're discussing pre-draft trades here:

Omer Asik to the Pelicans in exchange for New Orleans' 2015 first-rounder.

Looks like a straight salary dump.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Seeing as how we're discussing pre-draft trades here:

Omer Asik to the Pelicans in exchange for New Orleans' 2015 first-rounder.

Looks like a straight salary dump.
        this happened?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          this happened?
          Yup, woj reported.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Yup, woj reported.
            lebron would be able to rest a bit on o and d in houston

Comment

• Seems like Dell Demps doesnt like drafts... giving out unprotected lottery picks left and right SMH. This guy is the James Dolan of Western Conference.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                Seems like Dell Demps doesnt like drafts... giving out unprotected lottery picks left and right SMH. This guy is the James Dolan of Western Conference.
                Pretty sure it's protected.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  Pretty sure it's protected.
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ording-sources

The draft pick included in the deal has protections. It will go to the Rockets if it falls into a range between the late lottery and the 20th pick, sources said.

Comment

• I still think its too much for Asik... may be im just jealous of Houston.

Comment

• Don't really know how Asik fits with Davis, but maybe Davis is working on his jumper (I don't think i saw a single game of his all year). Either way, nobody is going to score well against that frontcourt.

I still think its too much for Asik... may be im just jealous of Houston.
                      Houston lucked out with that contract, now having only paid $10M to Asik over 2 years. Was really hoping that their GM would have to explain to the board why he's paying $30M to Lin and Asik next year. Hate that smug asshole.
                      Last edited by KHD; Wed Jun 25, 2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Don't really know how Asik fits with Davis, but maybe Davis is working on his jumper (I don't think i saw a single game of his all year). Either way, nobody is going to score well against that frontcourt.
                        AD is a Boshesque kinda shooter... range extends beyond the 3 point line

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          AD is a Boshesque kinda shooter... range extends beyond the 3 point line
                          No it doesn't. Not yet at least. He has a decent jumper though and it is improving. He only took 9 threes last year and made 2. He's got a long way to go yet.

I do think the match is fine though. He needs a bruising C beside him. Asik should be fine for a year.

Still kind of ridiculous that NOP got Davis and then basically started running their team into the ground by inflating their payroll and trading away picks. I mean, at this rate, can anyone see Davis staying long-term?

Comment

• How does New Orleans have the cap space to absorb Asik's contract without giving up any assets? Total guaranteed contracts in 2014 for them add up to $58M according to shamsports. They'll also have cap holds on Aminu and Smith totaling over $12M.

Would be interested to know who NO sends back. They would have to send someone back. They also don't have a TPE.

So something smells fishy now with this report.

Cap experts can you help out?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              No it doesn't. Not yet at least. He has a decent jumper though and it is improving. He only took 9 threes last year and made 2. He's got a long way to go yet.

I do think the match is fine though. He needs a bruising C beside him. Asik should be fine for a year.

Still kind of ridiculous that NOP got Davis and then basically started running their team into the ground by inflating their payroll and trading away picks. I mean, at this rate, can anyone see Davis staying long-term?

yea hes not a 3 point shooter yet but he can hit em.. i remember the USA game where he hit like 3 threes in a row within a couple of mins. but yea he did not take many threes last season i agree.

Comment

• Holy crap, apparently the pick goes to Houston if it's between 4-19. WTF Pels? I was thinking top 6-8 protection at least, good lord.

Comment

Working...
                                X