No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payton's jumper looks a million times better than grant's.

given a few year do you think payton could be like a mike conley?
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I still like capela and inglis too.

seeing what ibaka has done for okc reminds me that a project like capela could be well worth it
      "Bruno?
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Draft Payton with 20, Inglis with 37 and Bashchinsky with 59?
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Draft Payton with 20, Inglis with 37 and Bashchinsky with 59?
          yep, except maybe capela at 20.

he's gonna be a starter in this league. great athlete, huge and young. he's already a good defender. if he adds strength he's a beast at 4 and has the speed needed to hedge on pick and rolls and recover.

he'll be a great defender at 6'11 with his speed.
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Dream scenario for us would be

Payton/Capela with 20, Inglis with 37, Bachynski/McCrae 59
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              yep, except maybe capela at 20.

he's gonna be a starter in this league. great athlete, huge and young. he's already a good defender. if he adds strength he's a beast at 4 and has the speed needed to hedge on pick and rolls and recover.

he'll be a great defender at 6'11 with his speed.
              I like him as well, his biggest weakness is his Basketball IQ. He takes random jumpers thinking he's a SF like Josh Smith does
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                I like him as well, his biggest weakness is his Basketball IQ. He takes random jumpers thinking he's a SF like Josh Smith does
                Yeah, if I was a GM, I'd put a lot of stock in Capela's interviews and how coachable he seems. If he understands what the weaknesses in his game are and what he needs to do to take advantage of his physical gifts, then I'd be really enthusiastic about him. But that's the sort of thing that's impossible to gauge from footage and scouting reports, especially given that he was playing against a level of competition where he could get away with it. In the draftexpress interview with him, I'm not impressed that when asked what he needs to work on to play in the NBA, the only thing he mentions is his shot. I think that at that age, JV knew exactly what things he needed to work on to be a pro.

That said, I still love his upside more than anyone else who might be available at 20.

Comment

• Capela at PF, do we not resign PatPat?
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                    Capela at PF, do we not resign PatPat?
                    The Raptors are not in a position to pass on talent at any position. We have too many holes, generally need more talent and possibly quite a bit of long-term uncertainty at least at PF, SF and PG.

*I'm not necessarily advocating for Capela, but depending who else is on the board he could be a very solid pick. Personally I really dislike prospects with 'intangibles' question marks, but there's no denying his talent.

Comment

• Capela and Porzingis are both intriguing at PF at the 20 spot. As are Payton and Ennis at PG if either are still there. McDaniels is the only SF I'm looking to grab at 20. Then depending on who slips to 37, Inglis would be a great nab, as would Stokes, then Bachynski, Jabari Brown, or Jahii Carson at 59, depending on who you get with the first 2 picks (ideally you want one big, one wing, and one PG).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Capela and Porzingis are both intriguing at PF at the 20 spot. As are Payton and Ennis at PG if either are still there. McDaniels is the only SF I'm looking to grab at 20. Then depending on who slips to 37, Inglis would be a great nab, as would Stokes, then Bachynski, Jabari Brown, or Jahii Carson at 59, depending on who you get with the first 2 picks (ideally you want one big, one wing, and one PG).
                        I'm fine with Russ Smith too to be a Norris Cole type off the bench
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          I'm fine with Russ Smith too to be a Norris Cole type off the bench
                          Yeah, he'd be a great pickup actually. Add him to the list at 59. I love prospects that are already good defensively and have potential offensively - those pan out a lot more than the opposite.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I do think that big a move is probably less likely this year (ie moving into lottery), but moving up from 20 to 16 or 17 is at least feasible.
                            You might be able to do business with Chicago at 16. The offer could be a swap this year 1sts (16 and 20 and we include our 2nd at 37 this year) if the guy you absolutely wanted was still there at the 16 slot. Who that is is anyones guess at this point.
                            I think Boston wants to use all their picks at 17 to fill holes and just warm bodies in order to free up cap space in 2015-16 crop of FA's which is pretty damn good field.
                            Phoenix might do business at 18 for a swap of this years positions and the worse of our 2015-16 2nds (NYK or Raps) but thats just two rungs up the ladder.
                            All this is going to change as often as first year high school girl changes her mind on what to wear on the first day of school.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              Payton's jumper looks a million times better than grant's.

given a few year do you think payton could be like a mike conley?
                              Chad Ford had tweeted that he was killing it in workouts and his jumper looked much improved.

Comment

• I really like Inglis with that 37th pick.

at 18 years old with a 6'8" 240lbs frame I don't think you can go wrong.

I'm pretty much sold on him even if his ceiling is massive tony allen.

at 59 I say you go with Bachynski. He picked up basketball late and took significant time off with being all mormony.

It really is that 20th pick that I can't lock down. I don't think there is a single day one starter available at 20...

If that's the case do we focus on a project? To me that means, generally speaking, seniors are out.

I mean unless someone falls to us, I see more value in trading down for two early 2nd rounders.

maybe for Philly's 32 and 39. No way Philly drafts and keeps 7 players.

no way Phoenix adds 4 rookies to their already super young core.

So I would say those are the teams with picks we can target.

I just really don't like our options at 20.
                                Last edited by thead; Fri May 30, 2014, 12:57 PM.
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X