Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3: Toronto Raptors 97 - Milwaukee Bucks 90 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post
    Someone mentioned this play earlier?

That doesn't happen if Gay touches the ball.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I don't think it has to do even so much with the quickness.

I think, and this I don't have a huge problem with, that Casey isn't ready to let Jonas anchor the D on his own. When he's out there with Amir his D is better, well because everyone's is. Amir right now is the best back end communicator. Jonas needs to get better at talking from that position. That's fine.

It just irks me more that Casey is still so in love with small ball. Yes, Fields was having a good night and a big part of the better ball movement on offense. It wasn't such a big deal down the stretch last night. But still, he took Jonas out with a quarter and a half left and he never even got another 3-4 minutes. And I didn't criticize Casey when he pulled him, because with no foul trouble I figured he was bound to put Jonas back in at least for a short stint...especially as the Bucks came back with their own small lineup, so I thought going big again could force them to make an unwanted adjustment.
      No, that would have "forced" them to make a WANTED adjustment. Are some of you so bent on trying to say Casey is a bad coach, that you turn a successful coaching decision into a bad one? Sheeeesh.

For 2.5 quarters, the Bucks were hanging in blow for blow with the Raps. The Raps start the 3rd qtr up 5, by 1/2 way through the 3rd, they're up 3 (-2 from start). Kinda how the night is going: treading water. Shortly after Casey goes "small" with Fields for JV, Ilyasova (whose been killing them) and Sanders (whose been causing problems for JV), go sit because of Casey's move to small ball. By the end of 3rd, Raps gain 9 and are up 12. A move that works is good, right? Right? Keeping that small line-up out there kept Ilyasova and Sanders on the bench for the rest of the game, because suddenly they didn't have the speed to deal with the Raps small-ball. It get's close again, but end result a win, while Bucks' 2 best big are on the bench, having played only 22-24 minutes.

What exactly is wrong with that picture? The Entitled Ones aren't able to ride JV's dick when he's on the bench?
      Last edited by p00ka; Sun Nov 3, 2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

that was so beautiful *tears of joy*
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          bandwagon heat fans are the worst. i'm going to the utah game on saturday!
          leggo!
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
            No, that would have "forced" them to make a WANTED adjustment. Are some of you so bent on trying to say Casey is a bad coach, that you turn a successful coaching decision into a bad one? Sheeeesh.

For 2.5 quarters, the Bucks were hanging in blow for blow with the Raps. The Raps start the 3rd qtr up 5, by 1/2 way through the 3rd, they're up 3 (-2 from start). Kinda how the night is going: treading water. Shortly after Casey goes "small" with Fields for JV, Ilyasova (whose been killing them) and Sanders (whose been causing problems for JV), go sit because of Casey's move to small ball. By the end of 3rd, Raps gain 9 and are up 12. A move that works is good, right? Right? Keeping that small line-up out there kept Ilyasova and Sanders on the bench for the rest of the game, because suddenly they didn't have the speed to deal with the Raps small-ball. It get's close again, but end result a win, while Bucks' 2 best big are on the bench, having played only 22-24 minutes.

What exactly is wrong with that picture? The Entitled Ones aren't able to ride JV's dick when he's on the bench?
            No, you as usual get really aggressive on a simple point. The Raps were up 12 at one point after going small. Milwaukee adjusted and went small with Henson, who's a better finisher than Sanders, anchoring the middle. He got several easy buckets in a span where going small with one big, they totally eliminated our lead.

Now, you'll notice that in my post, I didn't actually criticize Casey's decision. I was just pointing out that I find it surprising that in a game where Jonas is having a nice impact (Sanders really didn't bother him, and probably more the opposite as Sanders was visibly having trouble with Jonas' size), you keep him off the floor for the final 18 minutes, especially when GROWTH has been the word thrown around the organization. The moment I picked for when he could have come back in for a short stretch was just what I thought (yes, just my personal opinion. I'm entitled to that, right?) would've made the most sense.

General sequence:

-So he went small when the other team is big, a ballsy coaching decision where Casey dictated flow, and he built a nice gap.

-And then the other team responds by going small and closing that gap to start the 4th quarter

-So if he had decided to put Jonas back in, that would've probably been the time that made the most sense, either during or after that run. Putting him in could've disrupted the other team's rhythm by changing the outlook of the game. I wasn't saying it would've worked better than what he did, but that it could've easily been an option during a certain span.

Why pointing this out pisses you off I have no clue. It's not a criticism of Casey or a super lovefest on Jonas. It's just a simple basketball observation. You need to chill the fuck out man. Every post you write still sounds like an attack.

Comment

Yaaa thats the one great play Love Augustin and Fields moving the ball around. Rudy join the synergy.

Comment

• rudys just not feelin the love these days...sad hes missin out on the fun

Comment

• Comment

• http://fansided.com/2013/11/03/andre...unk-gif-video/

if we still had this guy, we'd be contenders.
                    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      What happened to JV's 2pts anyway? i think its ridiculous. Imagine if the Raps lose this game by 1 or 2pts?
                      Maybe it had something to do with this? (Posted on page 4 or 5 of this thread)

rocwell
                      Raptors Republic All-Star
                      Post Thanks / Like

Rudy hasn't scored yet, but he has 2 PTS on stats sheet? How it's even possible?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        oh i totally agree. clearly theres lots more to be done. i just feel if this were last season, he wouldn't have been blaming himself in interviews. thats it really.
                        Sure he blames himself, but I think he's so dunce that he thinks the solution is to keep shooting the same shots except magically they will go in. The guy is completely delusional, and so is kyle lowry for that matter. Im tired of listening to him say *paraphrasing* "Give the ball to demar, give the ball to rudy and get out the way, they can score at will.. they know their shots better than you do.. we don't have to move the ball, we just have to give them the ball and have everyone else move around so they can score easier" like wtf??? kyle and rudy have terrible bball IQ and they are running this team, its fuckin sad

Comment

Working...
                        X