Jack Armstrong: Gay/DD are NOT selfish players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I love how everybody's so quick to say "run it through Val!" He is clearly not ready to be the #1 option (not saying DD and Gay are) and would end badly if we just handed the reins to Valanciunas right now. Patience, grasshopper.
    At the same time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give him the ball a bit more, especially if he gets good post position.
    OG is our king

Comment

Jack Amstrong:
      "Earth is the center of our universe"
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Gay and DeRozan's basketball IQ.

Watching the Raps last night and really all year, i feel like these 2 have no feel for the game.

I mentioned some of the shots that they took last night specially late in the game. Head scratcher. The worst one was late in the 4th, Raps had a chance to bury the Rockets. Casey said the play was for Gay to drive inside. But what did Gay do? he hold the ball for 19 secs then took a long contested 2 over Terrence Jones. Air ball.

Another question that i have is, is that really the best play Casey can draw off the timeout? A WORTHLESS iso play?

So many wrong about this team right now. I feel like hopping into the tank bandwagon.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Watching the Raps last night and really all year, i feel like these 2 have no feel for the game.

I mentioned some of the shots that they took last night specially late in the game. Head scratcher. The worst one was late in the 4th, Raps had a chance to bury the Rockets. Casey said the play was for Gay to drive inside. But what did Gay do? he hold the ball for 19 secs then took a long contested 2 over Terrence Jones. Air ball.

Another question that i have is, is that really the best play Casey can draw off the timeout? A WORTHLESS iso play?

So many wrong about this team right now. I feel like hopping into the tank bandwagon.
          It's no bandwagon. It's our carriage to relevance!

Comment

‏@TheNBAUpdate Rudy Gay FEWEST POINTS ever (since 1984) for players averaging 20fga/g through their team’s first 8 games.

@TheNBAUpdate Median score for a player with 37 or more FGA: 48 pts.

@tomhaberstroh Most shots Kevin Love has taken in a game this season: 25. Kevin Durant: 24. LeBron: 20 … Rudy Gay MISSED 26 tonight.

EARTH TO DWAYNE CASEY! EARTH TO EVERYBODY ON THE FUCKIN TEAM!
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Look at this: http://bkref.com/tiny/Pv0nL.

Tells you a lot.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Look at this: http://bkref.com/tiny/Pv0nL.

Tells you a lot.
                So...Rudy Gay is more inefficient than Andrea Bargnani? Sweet!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He's waiting for an offer. Any offer....
                  or he's searching for Casey's replacement...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    What do you think?

Are Gay/DD selfish?

If they aren't selfish, what are they?
                    Yes. If they could learn to move the ball more I believe they could get better looks and higher fg percentage while reducing their shot volume. To me coaching is a huge component if this. DC has controlled KL to a degree with his wild shots and needs to do the same to DD and RG.

Comment

Are these excuses??

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      Where are all the DeRozan supporters? Let's hear some excuses.
                      It's much more fun to listen to (read) all you guys freak out after 8 games of the season. Unfortunately, both players are in obvious shooting slumps. Anyone who knows basketball will tell you it happens. As far as the shot selection, that obviously needs to be fixed. Some of this i can blame on Casey not giving them any other options and maybe the team is asking a bit too much. I also think its going to take a while for both to get used to such heavy usage and responsibility. I don't expect these awful shooting nights to continue for long.

Just so everyone can relax..... do you remember the teams who most say were supposed to be better than us?

Cleveland (2-4)
                      Washington (2-5)
                      New York (2-4)
                      Brooklyn (2-4)
                      Detroit (2-5)
                      Milwaukee (2-4)

I'm more interested in seeing where we stand after the first 20 or so games. That is obviously a larger sample size. It sucks that the vultures are circling already.....but it was to be expected. The way you guys are panicking....you'd think we were 1-6. Please just relax....we can go to 4-5 with a win over Memphis (which i think is a VERY good possibility).

What i don't understand is that you pro-tankers wanted us to fail (LOSE).....so why complain when it doesn't look good early?? Isn't this what you guys expected?? Make up your minds!
                      Last edited by special1; Wed Nov 13, 2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

RAPTORS WIN!! Beat Grizzlies 103-87

Great game from our players

Rudy with 4 assists, 23 points on 8-18 shooting
                        Demar with 4 assists, 18 points on 7-13 shooting
                        Good defensive effort

I like what i see so far from this team. They don't seem selfish to me. With good shot selection this could be dangerous team.

http://www.nba.com/games/20131113/TORMEM/gameinfo.html

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                          RAPTORS WIN!! Beat Grizzlies 103-87

Great game from our players

Rudy with 4 assists, 23 points on 8-18 shooting
                          Demar with 4 assists, 18 points on 7-13 shooting
                          Good defensive effort

I like what i see so far from this team. They don't seem selfish to me. With good shot selection this could be dangerous team.

http://www.nba.com/games/20131113/TORMEM/gameinfo.html
                          Definitely an impressive win, but I'll withhold judgement until Friday. If we look good vs. the Bulls, then I might consider jumping off the tank wagon, and looking at this team as capable of winning 45+ games.

If we can somehow avoid a 1st round matchup vs. the Heat or Pacers, then the 2nd round might be possible.

Last year, Chicago finished 5th in the East with 45 wins. Atlanta was 6th with 44 wins.

Comment

Definitely an impressive win, but I'll withhold judgement until Friday. If we look good vs. the Bulls, then I might consider jumping off the tank wagon, and looking at this team as capable of winning 45+ games.

If we can somehow avoid a 1st round matchup vs. the Heat or Pacers, then the 2nd round might be possible.

Last year, Chicago finished 5th in the East with 45 wins. Atlanta was 6th with 44 wins.
                            If this was Lionel Hollins' team, I'd be impressed but Memphis looks like a rock tossed in the water.

If there is one thing I've learned watching Raptors in general and Casey last few years is they can make you feel anything is possible for a couple of games.

Consistency has always been their problem.

Tank on, tank on.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              If this was Lionel Hollins' team, I'd be impressed but Memphis looks like a rock tossed in the water.

If there is one thing I've learned watching Raptors in general and Casey last few years is they can make you feel anything is possible for a couple of games.

Consistency has always been their problem.

Tank on, tank on.
                              I hear ya on the consistency aspect. Perhaps Friday's game is a tad short sighted.

Derrick Rose is still getting his legs back, so the Bulls may be vulnerable.

Then we've got Portland, Philly, Washington and Brooklyn before facing Miami again.

These next 5 games are big.

Comment

I hear ya on the consistency aspect. Perhaps Friday's game is a tad short sighted.

Derrick Rose is still getting his legs back, so the Bulls may be vulnerable.

Then we've got Portland, Philly, Washington and Brooklyn before facing Miami again.

These next 5 games are big.
                                Big games indeed.

not trying to be a d!ck here just pointing out: Magic started last season 7-5 before going 13-57 to end season.

Comment

Working...
                                X