Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    I wonder if when Masai contacts other G.M's, he includes a letter stating that they have been selected by The Bank of Nigeria as a recipient of 47,000,000$ that will be transferred to their personal bank account, and all they need to complete the transaction is to send their best players over to his team in exchange for his massive contracts and scrubs? ....Seems legit, complete the paperwork!

- Bleacher Report writer
    Lol

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Would love to get Harrison Barnes or David Lee though not very likely. Barnes and Derozan could be awesome athletic duo.
      I don't see the point of doing that.
      Seems like a treadmill move.

That's in respect to Barnes.
      Lee, I don't want at all.

Comment

Would love to get Harrison Barnes or David Lee though not very likely. Barnes and Derozan could be awesome athletic duo.
        In this conversation, Ross and / Amir will have to be included as well. I still don't think that Lowry would settle for a super-sub title though. He thinks he is a legit starter set to earn 10 Mil/year.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          In this conversation, Ross and / Amir will have to be included as well. I still don't think that Lowry would settle for a super-sub title though. He thinks he is a legit starter set to earn 10 Mil/year.
          Jarret Jack thought he was a starter in Toronto but really embraced his role as the 6th man in GS. Lowry probably wouldn't be as adaptable as Jack but money and potential championships can change a players perspective
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            Jarret Jack thought he was a starter in Toronto but really embraced his role as the 6th man in GS. Lowry probably wouldn't be as adaptable as Jack but money and potential championships can change a players perspective
            I guess you could say that Lowry has never been on a roster with a PG who was clearly superior.
            Maybe he would know his place.
            But the culture would have to be real good.
            He just doesn't seem to be the type who is okay with watching.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              well with the way Curry plays Lowry will get hi burn in GSW no lie. and winning/competing for bigger things heals all wounds, I doubt he will mind coming off the bench behind Steph "M'fuckin" Curry

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                well with the way Curry plays Lowry will get hi burn in GSW no lie. and winning/competing for bigger things heals all wounds, I doubt he will mind coming off the bench behind Steph "M'fuckin" Curry
                Who would you want back?

Comment

• I guess I'm going to have to go about my life again until a trade actually happens
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                    I don't see the point of doing that.
                    Seems like a treadmill move.

That's in respect to Barnes.
                    Lee, I don't want at all.
                    Barnes is young athletic with huge upside. He is the type of prospect we well may end up with from this year's draft. If you are pro-tank who says you can draft someone better than him this year? This is the problem with tanking...you just don't know for sure what you will end up with.

Comment

Barnes is young athletic with huge upside. He is the type of prospect we well may end up with from this year's draft. If you are pro-tank who says you can draft someone better than him this year? This is the problem with tanking...you just don't know for sure what you will end up with.
                      To me at this point it's just about recognizing where your team is at.
                      That type of trade - while for a good player - wouldn't make us a good team.

I hate talking about tanking.
                      Let's be clear on that.
                      A whole lot of people around here seem to think they know an awful lot about what the organization is up to.
                      They might be right.
                      Me: I don't care.

But what I do know is that you either want to be horrible or excellent.

I believe if you know what you're doing, the draft isn't that much of a gamble.
                      I believe that for the most part, "busts" were always busts.
                      Scouts just didn't know what they were looking for.

I guess my point is this:
                      Barnes is not our saviour.
                      He is a good complimentary piece.
                      We are not in a position where we should desire that kind of piece.

We either need to tank or by some other means acquire a superstar (remarkably difficult, hence the tank-love).
                      If there's nobody to build a team around, there's no reason to build a team.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                        To me at this point it's just about recognizing where your team is at.
                        That type of trade - while for a good player - wouldn't make us a good team.

I hate talking about tanking.
                        Let's be clear on that.
                        A whole lot of people around here seem to think they know an awful lot about what the organization is up to.
                        They might be right.
                        Me: I don't care.

But what I do know is that you either want to be horrible or excellent.

I believe if you know what you're doing, the draft isn't that much of a gamble.
                        I believe that for the most part, "busts" were always busts.
                        Scouts just didn't know what they were looking for.

I guess my point is this:
                        Barnes is not our saviour.
                        He is a good complimentary piece.
                        We are not in a position where we should desire that kind of piece.

We either need to tank or by some other means acquire a superstar (remarkably difficult, hence the tank-love).
                        If there's nobody to build a team around, there's no reason to build a team.
                        Fair points. Barnes may help us both tank with an eye to the future.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
                          a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
                          b) Vasquez for Schroeder
                          c) Amir for Brand and Scott

If the rumours of Asik to Atlanta are true, Atlanta is looking at competing now. They would look to move Horford to his natural PF position and slide Asik in at C. Asik would give them the defensive presence to guard Hibbert. They'd have an edge at PG, PF, and hopefully Hibbert would be neutralized. Korver/DD wing pairing are perfectly complimentary on offense.

What if the Raptors acted as a 3rd team?

Raptors: Brand, Schroeder, 2014 first
                          Hawks: DeRozan, Asik, Jones, OKC 2014 2nd
                          Rockets: Millsap, Novak, Raps/Sac 2014 2nd

Would the Hawks take DeRozan, Asik, and Terrence Jones for Millsap, Brand, Schroeder, and 2014 first?

PG: Teague, Williams, Mack
                          SG: DeRozan, Martin
                          SF: Korver, Carroll
                          PF: Horford, Jones
                          C: Asik, Ayon

Raps get Schroeder, 2014 pick (either ATL/BKN), save $6.8M in salary this season, and take $13.3M off books for next 2 seasons.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Dec 14, 2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l75ztu6

i think this trade is bang on for all parties involved
                            +Phnx platter of picks commin our way
                            It's a creative idea but it doesn't work for Phoenix as well as you think. Phoenix has a very mobile run-n-gun offense; Monroe is a plodder. The reason I named Amir was precisely because he's a faster-than-average PF who would work very well in Phoenix' offense and shore them up on D as well.

Comment

• Nostradamus time

Lowry going to Knicks.

Final deal will be Felton, MWP, and 2018 1st.

Beware the NY hype machine on their young players.
                              Shumpert is damaged goods.
                              THjr makes DeRozan look like LeBron James (i.e. Hardaway is one dimensional to the extreme).

Comment

• If this is the final deal, this is not a tanking trade. Look at our depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X