Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to an NBA source, “several’’ teams are in the mix for Lowry now. The Knicks are still making an attempt to find a way, but appear to be long shots at this stage. They have been unwilling to add a third pawn to a package of Felton and Metta World Peace — either Tim Hardaway Jr., Iman Shumpert or their 2018 first-round pick. New York Post - See more at:
    LOL, some would say 'a third pawn', others would say 'the only possible reason the Raptors make this deal'.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      LOL, some would say 'a third pawn', others would say 'the only possible reason the Raptors make this deal'.
      Exactly.

MWP and Felton is a giant poo platter.

Raps be better off letting Lowry expire and lose for nothing.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
        How much cash would Toronto have to spend in 2015?
        If we don't pick up any team options (which would include losing Amir), we have $39,180,460 in terms of salary on the books. The cap is $58M, so not accounting for cap holds, probably around 19M.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Exactly.

MWP and Felton is a giant poo platter.

Raps be better off letting Lowry expire and lose for nothing.
          Yeah, there are a lot of delusional Knicks fans who think that they can get Lowry for nothing, haha.

For me, I don't make the trade with NYK unless you get two actual assets. (And I'm not sure Shumpert even is an asset at this point)

Comment

• glad to hear the knicks deal has fallen by the wayside
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Another option:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k4jwob6

Atlanta: DeRozan, Daye
              Chicago: Lowry, Cunningham, 2014 OKC 2nd rd pick
              Toronto: Boozer, Schroeder, Brand, 2015 BKN/ATL 1st, lower of 2014 CHI/CHA 1st

Then second trade of Hinrich for Patterson. Raps keep TPE.
              Yeah that's a nice trade
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Yeah, there are a lot of delusional Knicks fans who think that they can get Lowry for nothing, haha.

For me, I don't make the trade with NYK unless you get two actual assets. (And I'm not sure Shumpert even is an asset at this point)
                The biggest markets are usually the worst for those kinds of delusions. Anyone else see that report about LA (maybe) shopping Gasol and thinking of trying to get Chandler and Shumpert for him from the Knicks? I had a good laugh at that one.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

I'd be happy with THJ, I really like his game. But, I'd also wait, I think Lowry's value can only increase as injuries mount, and as the playoff situation starts sorting itself out.
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                    I see your point and I see why you can defend it . My hats will be off to MU if he manages to pull this off but I just don't see any/enough improvement for CHI to pull the trigger on a trade like this.
                    Another aspect is Chicago fends off a year towards dreaded repeater tax and they save about $20M this year and $16.8M next year.

Forget hats off, I'll have pants down if he can pull off this.

Comment

• I think that it's going to be either a three team trade or four team trade because the new York talks are dead. If Knicks fans really think that Felton and metta for Lowy is a good trade there outta their minds
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1547747

Rose doesn't want a rebuild. Maybe the Bulls have to lose Boozer to keep Deng?

Maybe they want Amir as an affordable PF and Lowry for salary/competitive reasons?
                        Last edited by stooley; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 05:07 PM.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1547747

Rose doesn't want a rebuild. Maybe the Bulls have to lose Boozer to keep Deng?

Maybe they want Amir as an affordable PF and Lowry for salary/competitive reasons?
                          Well. They will clearly trade Boozer at some point. The question is just when? They won't be able to re-sign Deng, keep Boozer, and stay under the luxury tax, which Chicago will definitely want next year so that they avoid repeater tax issues.

Not sure there's really a deal to be had with Toronto though. I can't see Ujiri having any real interest in Boozer. And I can't see Chicago giving up enough other assets to please him.

I mean, Masai is asking for a young player and a 1st, or 2 young players just for Lowry. For Lowry and Amir? I think you're looking at least at 3 of those types of assets (a 1st and 2 young guys for example). Would Chicago give that up? I doubt it.

The minimum offer to even have a discussion would probably have to be something like

Boozer + Teague + Snell + 1st rounder for Amir + Lowry

And that's assuming Masai has interest in Teague and Snell. Don't think Chicago gives up Butler (especially with uncertainty around Deng). And would they absorb someone like Fields if they had to (if Masai was pushing it)?
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Well. They will clearly trade Boozer at some point. The question is just when? They won't be able to re-sign Deng, keep Boozer, and stay under the luxury tax, which Chicago will definitely want next year so that they avoid repeater tax issues.

Not sure there's really a deal to be had with Toronto though. I can't see Ujiri having any real interest in Boozer. And I can't see Chicago giving up enough other assets to please him.

I mean, Masai is asking for a young player and a 1st, or 2 young players just for Lowry. For Lowry and Amir? I think you're looking at least at 3 of those types of assets (a 1st and 2 young guys for example). Would Chicago give that up? I doubt it.

The minimum offer to even have a discussion would probably have to be something like

Boozer + Teague + Snell + 1st rounder for Amir + Lowry

And that's assuming Masai has interest in Teague and Snell. Don't think Chicago gives up Butler (especially with uncertainty around Deng). And would they absorb someone like Fields if they had to (if Masai was pushing it)?
                            I've been wondering whether Chicago would have interest in Demar:

- Over the past few years, their main problem has been getting the ball in the basket. Even when Rose has been healthy, this was an issue in the playoffs when the D would clamp down.

- Demar's character seems to fit right in with the type of player they target.

- Given their stingy reputation, they may not be willing to dish out max-level money to a wing - Demar would help out there as well...
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              I've been wondering whether Chicago would have interest in Demar:

- Over the past few years, their main problem has been getting the ball in the basket. Even when Rose has been healthy, this was an issue in the playoffs when the D would clamp down.

- Demar's character seems to fit right in with the type of player they target.

- Given their stingy reputation, they may not be willing to dish out max-level money to a wing - Demar would help out there as well...
                              Maybe....But they just don't have great assets.

-Teague is not appealing IMO. I doubt Ujiri has interest there.
                              -They might give up Snell, but that's still not nearly enough to really get the ball rolling on discussions.
                              -I highly doubt htey give up Butler, who is insurance if Deng leaves in the summer

If they would want to give up Boozer, and maybe get both Lowry and Amir/DeMar, they might have to be willing to part with both 1st rounders for this year. They just don't have much else to offer.

*And I stilll don't know if Ujiri likes that because he's taking on Boozer. Remember that Boozer's value is shitty. Shitty enough that his name was connected to Bargs. And shitty enough that I, and I'm sure many others, were thrilled with the NYK Bargs deal especially when compared to that possibility.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Maybe....But they just don't have great assets.

-Teague is not appealing IMO. I doubt Ujiri has interest there.
                                -They might give up Snell, but that's still not nearly enough to really get the ball rolling on discussions.
                                -I highly doubt htey give up Butler, who is insurance if Deng leaves in the summer

If they would want to give up Boozer, and maybe get both Lowry and Amir/DeMar, they might have to be willing to part with both 1st rounders for this year. They just don't have much else to offer. *And I stilll don't know if Ujiri likes that because he's taking on Boozer.
                                They could probably give up both first rounders. If they're going win now, then the CHI pick won't be that high. It's looking like the CHA one won't be either.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X