Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even with Lowry I don't think this knick team can make the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Well. They will clearly trade Boozer at some point. The question is just when? They won't be able to re-sign Deng, keep Boozer, and stay under the luxury tax, which Chicago will definitely want next year so that they avoid repeater tax issues.

Not sure there's really a deal to be had with Toronto though. I can't see Ujiri having any real interest in Boozer. And I can't see Chicago giving up enough other assets to please him.

I mean, Masai is asking for a young player and a 1st, or 2 young players just for Lowry. For Lowry and Amir? I think you're looking at least at 3 of those types of assets (a 1st and 2 young guys for example). Would Chicago give that up? I doubt it.

The minimum offer to even have a discussion would probably have to be something like

Boozer + Teague + Snell + 1st rounder for Amir + Lowry

And that's assuming Masai has interest in Teague and Snell. Don't think Chicago gives up Butler (especially with uncertainty around Deng). And would they absorb someone like Fields if they had to (if Masai was pushing it)?
      Slight variation:
      Boozer + Teague +Mirotic for Amir + Lowry?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
        Slight variation:
        Boozer + Teague +Mirotic for Amir + Lowry?
        But why would they give up Mirotic? They're stupidly high on him. Re-posting this with more of the article:

HoopsHype.com was the first to report over the weekend that Bulls officials arranged a Saturday sit-down with Real Madrid forward Nikola Mirotic. Sources close to the situation later told ESPN.com that the Bulls are indeed doing everything they can on the buyout front to be able to bring Mirotic to the NBA next season after taking him in the first round of the 2011 draft.

Then on Monday, Chicago unexpectedly released veteran point guard Mike James, who made the Bulls' roster out of training camp to provide coach Tom Thibodeau with an experienced hand whenever needed for spot duty behind Rose. But with Rose sidelined again and Chicago's short- and long-term aspirations in flux as a result, management has abruptly decided to release the 38-year-old to ensure that unproven youngsters Marquis Teague and newly acquired D.J. Augustin get as many minutes as possible.

Whether the Bulls continue with this approach -- by seriously shopping forwards Luol Deng and/or Carlos Boozer -- will play out over the next two months leading up to the Feb. 20 trade deadline.

Yet it can already be said that the fondness within the organization for Mirotic is such that the versatile 6-10 forward, who's shooting well above 60 percent from the floor in Euroleague play, is regarded as a bigger part of the future by the Bulls' brain trust than either longtime Thibodeau favorite Deng or Boozer.
        http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...on-the-horizon

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          But why would they give up Mirotic? They're stupidly high on him. Re-posting this with more of the article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...on-the-horizon
          Yeah there is pretty much no way we could take mirotic from them
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Udrih
            Ben Uzoh MIGHT be good for a triple double. That SOB cost us Barnes.

Comment

• The Knicks are a messsssss. I'm actually beginning to feel bad about the idea of banishing lowry there. But him, melo and chandler (and jvg) should make a good group. As a side note, bargnani is killing them. Defensively that is.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Suddenly Masai is looking for a 2018 pick and one of Shumpert/THJr
                Wow. Seems like the basketball gods really wants to see the Kyle Lowry trade to NY happen.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  The Knicks are a messsssss. I'm actually beginning to feel bad about the idea of banishing lowry there. But him, melo and chandler (and jvg) should make a good group. As a side note, bargnani is killing them. Defensively that is.
                  Did you see the last play in the wizards vs knicks game? Bargnani didn't help and let a go ahead layup ahah I'm so glad he isn't around the raptors qnyr
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I don't think anything that Knicks can give us for Lowry is worth it tbh.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Even with Lowry I don't think this knick team can make the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      We don't need them to make the playoffs. We don't care. We just don't want them to be in the lotto...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Wow. Seems like the basketball gods really wants to see the Kyle Lowry trade to NY happen.
                        This is probably Ujiri right about now!

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          We don't need them to make the playoffs. We don't care. We just don't want them to be in the lotto...
                          I don't think the Knicks have any picks at all this year.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                            Looks like we gonna get hardaway Jr 2018 1st and ray Felton
                            Am I alone on the fact that this return for Lowry isn't boner material? THJr is so one dimensional - like a poor man's Jordan Crawford only with less skill. I don't get it. As for Felton, we should just send his ass to Sacto since they're now looking for a pass-first PG (except, he's not pass-first either).
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Am I alone on the fact that this return for Lowry isn't boner material? THJr is so one dimensional - like a poor man's Jordan Crawford only with less skill. I don't get it. As for Felton, we should just send his ass to Sacto since they're now looking for a pass-first PG (except, he's not pass-first either).
                              THJ and a 2018 pick is great return for a 6 month rental of a league average point guard. It's definitely better than nothing.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Anyone think New York might just say, "screw it, we aren't winning anything this year and Melo is going to bolt", and blow there team up? I mean, adding Kyle Lowry isn't going to make them significantly better, not with J.R. Smith being and idiot and with Chandler still out with injury. New Yorks ultimate goal for this season should either be securing Melo for the long term or trading him for max value before he signs somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X