Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    Apparently Deng wanted 15-16M (because Josh Smith got 14M).

I will die of laughter WHEN (not if) the Cavs pay him that this summer.
    Of course he would ask for 15-16.. Smith was asking for the same. Deng will probably get 10-12. He might be the most coveted free agent though this summer so his value could go up.

He should bring some stability to Cleveland. He's a class act and there aren't too many of those type of guys in the NBA these days.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      whoa just found out about this

great trade for chicago
      Great trade for CHI. Now, another team in East has joined the Tank Nation ... I say that was a smart move for them. If they manage to get a top 5 pick, Guys like Parker along side Rose would be scary. Good for them ...

Comment

• I really like Deng and think he's a great player but paying him 15-16 mil a year is like paying $5000 for a Dell
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm not sure the Bulls were really trying to join tank nation here.

I mean they still offered Deng an extension... Once they realized he wasn't going to accept, I think it was more about cutting costs. Shaving off 15M of salary and getting under the luxury tax line.

Comment

• The team will rally, and Chicago will get into the playoffs just watch.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              The team will rally, and Chicago will get into the playoffs just watch.
              That would be interesting but I think there will be more moves from CHI to unload players. I honestly think CHI realized that with Rose alone, they can not beat Heat for next 2-3 years. They are building their team the right way now.

Comment

• CHI managed to get a lot for an expiring contract here. It is simply amazing when you are looking at the deal and all the details surrounding it.

Comment

• Having Noah, Gibson, Butler, Boozer, Kirk, Rose clapping from the bench and all under Thibs watchful eye Is no Tank happening anytime soon.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                    CHI managed to get a lot for an expiring contract here. It is simply amazing when you are looking at the deal and all the details surrounding it.
                    It was an okay deal. The Sacramento pick is basically lottery protected and the Kings are bad. So the Bulls may never get that pick. The other one is the better of Cleveland or the Bulls pick but only if Cleveland make the playoffs in 2015 (so they only move up one or two spots and that may actually not even happen). They also got two 2nd round pick which are usually worthless (and from Portland which means it could be in the 50-60 range).

MU was asking for a prospect (THJR or Shump) and a 2018 unprotected first round pick. If he got that, it would have been a better deal in my opinion due to the fact that there would potentially be no restrictions on that pick.
                    Last edited by planetmars; Tue Jan 7, 2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Having Noah, Gibson, Butler, Boozer, Kirk, Rose clapping from the bench and all under Thibs watchful eye Is no Tank happening anytime soon.
                      Their record is pretty bad since Rose went down, and now they've moved their best remaining scorer. For a team that struggles to score how can you say they aren't tanking (from a management perspective)?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Having Noah, Gibson, Butler, Boozer, Kirk, Rose clapping from the bench and all under Thibs watchful eye Is no Tank happening anytime soon.
                        That's a pretty weak team, if you ask me

Comment

• Deron Williams in a walking boot.

Do Nets relent on 2020 pick, rights to Bogdanovic, and/or Plumlee?

Just throwing it out there.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure the Bulls were really trying to join tank nation here.

I mean they still offered Deng an extension... Once they realized he wasn't going to accept, I think it was more about cutting costs. Shaving off 15M of salary and getting under the luxury tax line.
                            I think it's about both saving money and exploiting an unexpected, advantageous tank opportunity.

- Rose is out for the season
                            - Deng want too much money ($14.275M this season)
                            - Boozer is likely amnesty candidate ($16.8M next season)
                            - Hinrich, Mohammed & Augustin are expiring ($5.5M)

Going into next season, they look to be in great shape (assuming Boozer is amnestied):
                            - Rose ($18.9M)
                            - Noah ($12.2M)
                            - Gibson ($8.0M)
                            - Dunleavy ($3.3M)
                            - Butler ($2.0M)
                            - Snell ($1.5M)
                            - Teague ($1.1M)
                            - only $47M in total committed salary, excluding money owed to draft picks, cap holds, etc...
                            - their own 1st round pick (now very likely a mid-lottery pick before lottery)
                            - strong likelihood of getting Charlotte's 1st round pick (top-10 protected)
                            - low likelihood of getting Sacramento's 1st round pick (top-12 protected)
                            - their own 2014 2nd round pick

The bottom line is that this was not a trade to help Chicago improve or win this season. They are looking for a SA style 'tank', to pair another young stud player from the draft lottery with Rose, perhaps along with another mid-1st round pick and/or free agent signing.

Comment

• Chicago has set themselves up nicely. Anyone else see more Chicago moves coming to make a play on a big name free agent as well this summer. Plus lets say Chicago doesn't full on tank they have their an charlottes pick probably both around the 13-20 spots. Two could be packages for say the 8th overall and a big name free agent to add to solid role players a great coach and a guy named derrick rose...

Comment

• Do Raps pursue Boozer if hes amnestied?

Comment

Working...
                                X