Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LoL

Hopefully he finds his inner Stevie Franchise or Black Mamba and forces a draft day trade to his desired destination.

Or the Raptors wait 5 years (24yoa) or 8-9 years (27-28yoa).
    Can you imagine if the asking price is JV and Ross to land Wiggins???
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Can you imagine if the asking price is JV and Ross to land Wiggins???
      That is a simple, "No thank you."

The whole point, for me, in tanking was there were already talented pieces on rookie contracts that gave you a head start on the asset accumulation. I laid it out in a number of threads so no need to go there again.

Comment

I just wish he had just a little more extension on his shot.

Comment

I think that will come as he learns to smooth out his shot prep.

What I like about him is that he plays within Kansas' system and has become their shut down defender because he wants to be. Then late game he takes over is needed. That extra gear is something that many players lack IMO. LeBron in the playoffs when the head band comes off, he becomes a terror defensively and wills his team into wins, which I think Wiggins will be able to do in the NBA.

These things make me more impressed with him than just being a scorer and leads me to believe he will be a better pro than his class mates.

Also his athleticism is off the charts, when the game opens up in the NBA and he finds his shot, he will be nigh impossible to stop when he wants to.
          Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Sat Jan 4, 2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            LeBron in the playoffs when the head band comes off, he becomes a terror defensively and wills his team into wins
            Oh my, terrifying isn't it?

Lebron is IMO, the best ever to play the game. He's the evolution of what MJ was, only in Karl Malones body.

I hear a lot of people talk about MJ....and yea, he was good, but he also had a pretty amazing amount of officials help... Lebron, nope. You simply cannot stop him, too big, too good.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
              Dude... it's still possible that Lowry could get moved. Chill and wait.
              Excuse me? Nothing wrong said there, but of you feel so, be specific please. Hey, I respect your choice to cozy up with the old boys club, but please don't use a little popping of from me to score points. After months of constant ridicule and demeaning "you're short sighted, I HAVE VISION" chest pounding, followed by the immediate "we're in tanker mode proclamations" when Rudy got traded, accompanied by the "I can't believe people (are so dumb to) still believe the tank isn't on",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if people can't handle even a little poking back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, boohoo.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                Excuse me? Nothing wrong said there, but of you feel so, be specific please. Hey, I respect your choice to cozy up with the old boys club, but please don't use a little popping of from me to score points. After months of constant ridicule and demeaning "you're short sighted, I HAVE VISION" chest pounding, followed by the immediate "we're in tanker mode proclamations" when Rudy got traded, accompanied by the "I can't believe people (are so dumb to) still believe the tank isn't on",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if people can't handle even a little poking back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, boohoo.
                I'm not trying to cozy up to anyone, I'm just saying relax.

Just wait until the trade deadline, these kind of posts your making are going to look VERY foolish if Lowry does indeed still get traded.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                  Just wait until the trade deadline, these kind of posts your making are going to look VERY foolish if Lowry does indeed still get traded.
                  Right now Raps are cruising to a 4th or even possible 3rd seed. Unless something goes very wrong MU will not dare ship Lowry unless it's a "too good to be true offer". And by that I mean nothing short of a 2014 lottery pick or young prospect ala Barnes. And that is very unlikely.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                    Right now Raps are cruising to a 4th or even possible 3rd seed. Unless something goes very wrong MU will not dare ship Lowry unless it's a "too good to be true offer". And by that I mean nothing short of a 2014 lottery pick or young prospect ala Barnes. And that is very unlikely.
                    So you're saying we should wait and see, the deadline is the only thing that takes Lowry off of the trade scene.

Craig wrote: View Post
                    Oh my, terrifying isn't it?

Lebron is IMO, the best ever to play the game. He's the evolution of what MJ was, only in Karl Malones body.

I hear a lot of people talk about MJ....and yea, he was good, but he also had a pretty amazing amount of officials help... Lebron, nope. You simply cannot stop him, too big, too good.
                    I agree. I don't really see why people try and compare him to MJ though, they are completely different players that have completely different ways of carrying their team's to the championship.

If anything LBJ is like Magic because the can both play and guard any position on the court. I think LBJ has a slight edge on Magic, but not by much.

Comment

I think LBJ has a huge edge on Magic.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Gotta let it ride. Even a hard core high draft pick guy such as myself has to get behind the development of jv and Ross along with the style of ball they are playing.

The fact it all hinges on Lowry scares the shit out of me
                        true.. to be honest, we are one injury away to almost anyone in the starting 5 from this derailing completely. Plus so many question marks after all is said and done. But its getting close to the no turning back point I feel. (as far as tanking for a top draft pick)

Comment

Magic averaged a double digit assists for 9 straight seasons, LBJ has yet to break 8 per game. Rebounding is about the same. Magic was about the same defensively as LBJ. LBJ is a better scorer though. I don't think you are giving Magic enough credit, he is IMO a top 3 to ever play the game.

However, LBJ is better than Magic due to the fact that his last 2 seasons he has improved his game to a point beyond Magic. But taking into their body of work, Magic sustained some wicked numbers from his 3rd year in the league till his early retirement. LBJ started slower but is stronger now...

Comment

What James did last year, and does now to become more efficient and a better overall team guy is uncanny.

I think he's amazing, and this from a guy that will tear into him any chance I get.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Magic averaged a double digit assists for 9 straight seasons, LBJ has yet to break 8 per game. Rebounding is about the same. Magic was about the same defensively as LBJ. LBJ is a better scorer though. I don't think you are giving Magic enough credit, he is IMO a top 3 to ever play the game.

However, LBJ is better than Magic due to the fact that his last 2 seasons he has improved his game to a point beyond Magic. But taking into their body of work, Magic sustained some wicked numbers from his 3rd year in the league till his early retirement. LBJ started slower but is stronger now...
                              Lol, Magic was nowhere near LeBron defensively. You have a really bad habit of making things up.

He was actually a liability guarding opposing point guards because he didn't have anything in the realm of LeBron's level of athleticism and lateral quickness. He was average defending players his size.

LeBron on the other hand has the ability to lockdown players at 4 out of 5 positions, hell sometimes he can even guard centers.

Comment

James is a beast.

King of the NBA

King of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X