X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Ya, i really don't understand what's going on anymore. They kept saying this year is about development, growth of the young guys. Blah blah blah. How are the young guys going to learn if they dont play? and it's not like JV and Ross played bad. I thought JV held his own tonight. And Ross i thought played well whenever he's on the court.

I thought after the Gay trade we're going to see more of JV and Ross. I was wrong. I have a feeling we're going to see more of Vazquez/Lowry backourt. And guess who's the odd man out? Ross.

Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me if we see more Patterson over JV going forward.
    All the more reason to send Casey packing soon rather than waiting until end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I doubt that. That was when he was like 17 right out of highschool. He's grown at least an inch since then and he looks taller than Hansbrough who's 6'9"
    Lol I don't get into arguments about Heights anymore. Mango and I did a loong time ago, and I learned my lesson.

Amir isn't the only one who's grown since being drafted; Everyone is in the same boat more or less considering most men grow until they are 21. So I'll stick with what is listed since "probably" doesn't really hold much weight in a debate.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We probably have one of the shortest teams at forward and point guard, and tallest at the 2 and 3.
    Not really

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    We probably have one of the shortest teams at forward and point guard, and tallest at the 2 and 3.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He is listed at 6'9" by NBA.com, Raptors.com, Yahoo.com and ESPN.
    I doubt that. That was when he was like 17 right out of highschool. He's grown at least an inch since then and he looks taller than Hansbrough who's 6'9"

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Amir is probably taller than 6'9". Those measurements are done when entering the league and I don't think anyone ever bothers updating them.
    He looks pretty similar to TH though.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Amir is probably taller than 6'9". Those measurements are done when entering the league and I don't think anyone ever bothers updating them.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    huh? Isnt Amir like 6' 10'' or 6' 11''?
    He is listed at 6'9" by NBA.com, Raptors.com, Yahoo.com and ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    LOL I just realized, besides JV, we don't have a 4 or 5 taller than 6'9" ...
    Austin Daye is our next tallest player... then Steve Novak ...
    Casey Small Ball wins out.
    huh? Isnt Amir like 6' 10'' or 6' 11''?

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    I did not call him useless. I just don't think he is elite anything. good option off the bench few years ago.
    He is an elite post defender regardless if you think so or not. At 6'6" being able to shut down two of the most offensively gifted bigs in the league in their prime is incredible to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Dude has the leg strength of a fucking elephant, he just won't move! hahaha
    The reason he's not playing is that he's still being evaluated by the Raptors for his Heart Condition.

Hayes has (had?) super quick feet for a guy his size, and as NoProps pointed out, he's like a mountain when you're trying to move him.
    Hope his ticker is okay, would be a great Vet addition. Unfortunately, that would mean Zero minutes for JV, as Hayes is pretty much exactly the post player Casey would give those minutes too.

Not to mention Hayes is like a 6'7" Center. Casey Small Ball to the MAX!

LOL I just realized, besides JV, we don't have a 4 or 5 taller than 6'9" ...
    Austin Daye is our next tallest player... then Steve Novak ...
    Casey Small Ball wins out.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 19, 2013, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    Are you serious? have you seen him defend in the post? dude is a rock

You obviously haven't watch him play
    I did not call him useless. I just don't think he is elite anything. good option off the bench few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing him play.. not like JV is gonna get minutes anyways haha
    Dude has the leg strength of a fucking elephant, he just won't move! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• KazanTheMan
    replied
    Are you serious? have you seen him defend in the post? dude is a rock

You obviously haven't watch him play
    Wouldn't mind seeing him play.. not like JV is gonna get minutes anyways haha

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X