NBA.com Power Rankings - Raps #12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pong wrote: View Post
    Hard to argue against it, but I'm still surprised at how high up we are. I know that power rankings are based on defensive/offensive ratings, games played and scheduling but I'm interested in how we'll match up against some of the teams we're currently ranked higher than, such as the Rockets, Wolves and Pelicans.
    The NBA power rankings factor in the results of the past week very heavily. This allows for better commentary as teams can jump all over the place based on their streaks, good or bad. The Raps at 16-16, are ranked ahead of Houston (22-13), Dallas (19-15), and Atlanta (18-16). A three game losing streak would likely drop the Raps 3-4 spots, at least I would imagine. They have made a considerable gain in these standings over the past 2 weeks due to all the recent W's.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/?ls=iref:nbahpt6c Were up again now! Number eight baby!

Comment

Recognition overload!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But i thought we were top 5
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            But i thought we were top 5
            Hahaha let it go buddy

Comment

Indeed, up to #8 now, and possibly only going to keep going up!

#8. Toronto (18-17)
              Pace: 95.1 (21), OffRtg: 102.7 (16), DefRtg: 99.6 (6), NetRtg: +3.1 (9)
              The Raptors had played, by far, the toughest schedule in the East, so they shouldn't feel any guilt about taking advantage of the gassed Nets on Drake Night to get back over .500 and improve their division record to 6-1. And they shouldn't have a problem with playing three of the coldest teams in the league this week. The Bucks, Celtics and Lakers are a combined 3-25 since Dec. 23.
              This week: vs. MIL, @ BOS, vs. MIN, vs. LAL

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/?ls=iref:nbahpt6c Were up again now! Number eight baby!
                8th might be our peak. It'll be tough to leapfrog Clippers and Blazers.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  We go undefeated this week I could see us getting ahead of portland since there defensive rating really hurts them. Im getting really ahead of myself though.

Comment

Realistically, I think 9th should be our peak - I think Houston is a better team than Toronto, especially come playoffs.

The WC teams get hurt by having to play against each other so much! Watching the WC battle for the last 2 spots will be even more interesting than watching the EC battle for spots #4-8!

I do think that Toronto has the potential to break from the pack in the EC, to set themselves up in the #3 spot, well behind Miami/Indy and well ahead of the pack (barring future trades, of course).

Comment

Does anyone know the criteria/algorithm used to determine these rankings?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I don't know, but Golden State and #2 seems wonky.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

There's hollinger's rankings which are math based, and stein's rankings which are opinion.

correct me if im wrong

hollinger's rankings put a lot of emphasis on the previous 10 games.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Opinion. Lol

ESPNs Hollinger Rankings are the only ones who use Stats + Analysis to determine "actual" ranking.

Comment

We passed Phoenix!!!

Comment

Well the power rankings express how the team has been playing in the past period of time so we could top the 8 spot, but overall we are not better than some of the western teams beneath us.

Comment

Working...
                                X