Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JWash wrote: View Post
    Seriously. DeMar's name was just mentioned because he also compares to Rip a little, but the focus of the discussion was the Lowry-to-Billups comp and the fact that a guy like Billups who Lowry is getting close to (but hasn't quite reached) the level of was able to lead a team to a title and what was it... 6 consecutive ECF appearances?
    Could skinny kyle lowry have done the same if he was plugged into a time machine and given rip, tayshaun, Sheed and Ben?

    We will never know, but I'm willing to bet there would have been some DEEP playoff runs.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Could skinny kyle lowry have done the same if he was plugged into a time machine and given rip, tayshaun, Sheed and Ben?

      We will never know, but I'm willing to bet there would have been some DEEP playoff runs.
      I'm not convinced Lowry is capable of being the shooter that Billups was. That's a huge factor. They could've been good with Lowry, but as good as they were with Billups?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

      Comment


      • Barolt wrote: View Post
        Sometimes I think the biggest DeMar circlejerk around here is the 'every thread is about DeMar even when it's not' circlejerk.
        I clicked on the last page and the most recent post before i posted was

        Snooch wrote: View Post
        I want him to have his individual accolades here as well.

        So that his trade value stays high.

        Comment


        • Barolt wrote: View Post
          I'm not convinced Lowry is capable of being the shooter that Billups was. That's a huge factor. They could've been good with Lowry, but as good as they were with Billups?
          But kyle also has skills that are superior to chaunceys..rebounding and banging with the big boys underneath, his amazing ball hawk/loose ball skills, steals..

          The only thing fair to do is compare the two players at 29 years old. And I would say it's pretty darn close. Can kyle have a post 30s career like chauncey had? Doubtful, but possible. And hopeful.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            But kyle also has skills that are superior to chaunceys..rebounding and banging with the big boys underneath, his amazing ball hawk/loose ball skills, steals..

            The only thing fair to do is compare the two players at 29 years old. And I would say it's pretty darn close. Can kyle have a post 30s career like chauncey had? Doubtful, but possible. And hopeful.
            The hypothetical was Kyle on those Pistons teams though, they didn't need rebounding from their point guard. The Wallaces took care of that.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

            Comment


            • Barolt wrote: View Post
              The hypothetical was Kyle on those Pistons teams though, they didn't need rebounding from their point guard. The Wallaces took care of that.
              I wouldnt call Sheed a prolific rebounder
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • New article on Lowry regarding his weight loss

                http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ll-star-levels

                Nothing really new in there for most Raptors fans, but hey it's a decent read.

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  Is this the Everything Lowry thread or the Everything Snooch thread?

                  Unless Snooch has been signed by the Raps, he isn't a topic. If he has, then congrats Snooch.
                  I have been.

                  I am the newest director of Awesome.

                  Comment


                  • Snooch wrote: View Post
                    I have been.

                    I am the newest director of Awesome.
                    Lol congrats then
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I wouldnt call Sheed a prolific rebounder
                      Sheed had the ability to be prolific at everything, he simply didn't have the drive.

                      Sheed has been one of my favourite players of all time, he was ridiculously skilled but simply lacked the desire to be great. He would have been better than Garnett if he simply gave a damn.

                      Still, even half assed he was better than most opponents. He could rebound with the best of them.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • Axel wrote: View Post
                        Sheed had the ability to be prolific at everything, he simply didn't have the drive.

                        Sheed has been one of my favourite players of all time, he was ridiculously skilled but simply lacked the desire to be great. He would have been better than Garnett if he simply gave a damn.

                        Still, even half assed he was better than most opponents. He could rebound with the best of them.
                        Woah... uh no way.

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          Woah... uh no way.
                          Yes way. Better shooter, better dribbler with equal skills and physical attributes. If he had KGs intensity and desire, would have been better or at least equal. All the tools were there.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                          Comment


                          • Axel wrote: View Post
                            Yes way. Better shooter, better dribbler with equal skills and physical attributes. If he had KGs intensity and desire, would have been better or at least equal. All the tools were there.
                            Better shooter is about it imo. Kevin Garnett had guard like handles and was much more athletic than Rasheed Wallace. Also had a much more polished overall game. Was also an amazing passer for a bigman, operating as a point forward practically in Minnesota.

                            Comment


                            • Axel wrote: View Post
                              Sheed had the ability to be prolific at everything, he simply didn't have the drive.

                              Sheed has been one of my favourite players of all time, he was ridiculously skilled but simply lacked the desire to be great. He would have been better than Garnett if he simply gave a damn.

                              Still, even half assed he was better than most opponents. He could rebound with the best of them.
                              Sheed averaged like 7 rebounds a game. You say rebound with the best of them, I say below average for a big
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Sheed averaged like 7 rebounds a game. You say rebound with the best of them, I say below average for a big
                                Meanwhile the Big Ticket led the league in rebounding 4 years in a row from 2003-2007.

                                Not to mention routinely averaging over 5 dimes a game with a very conservative turnover rate for a big on the ball that often.

                                I mean even just looking at win shares, KG put up 18.3 in his MVP year and was over 11 for his whole prime. Sheed hit 11 once and that was before he even went to Detroit.

                                Could Sheed have been better? Sure I guess, he wasn't exactly a low motor guy he just had attitude problems. But either way there is no way he could've been as good as KG, KG was just on another level.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X