X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know why ex-Raps Ed Davis was a DNP and James Johnson who has been playing well for the Griz came in for a min.?
    My fantasy team is dying to know ... especially weird considering they both played 19 and 15 minutes respectively the following game, with Ed leading the team in rebounds.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Pill wrote: View Post
    what is sick about tross is that it was already over 50% and now into the 60s. #letrossplay
    I don't even want to know what Salmons is.

#FuckOffWithTheVetsCasey

#TalentOverAge

Leave a comment:

• Pill
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Good to see!
    what is sick about tross is that it was already over 50% and now into the 60s. #letrossplay

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    if you don't like the way espn covers canada, stop reading the site.

there are a lot of sites out there that provide plenty of canadian content, this one included.

if that's important to you, read tsn, sportsnet and zach lowe
    Agreed. But as Canadians we want to be accepted as legit and to a degree ESPN coverage legitimizes us. Jeff Van Gundy is well versed via Raptors. Hopefully he will do the playoff games.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    we started 6 - 12 and are currently on pace to pull out a 50 win season after trading our "all star". If we were the Knicks, there would be no end to the fawning. Instead we are content with the occasional quip from Steve Kerr who makes us wet when he mentions us on a TNT broadcast
    We are on National tv this Tuesday. Just left San Francisco and one fan I spoke with was well aware of what Raptors are doing. He stated GSW would love to get Amir Johnson . Interesting they want Amir.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know why ex-Raps Ed Davis was a DNP and James Johnson who has been playing well for the Griz came in for a min.?
    What is Ed Davis' contract status?

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    we started 6 - 12 and are currently on pace to pull out a 50 win season after trading our "all star". If we were the Knicks, there would be no end to the fawning. Instead we are content with the occasional quip from Steve Kerr who makes us wet when he mentions us on a TNT broadcast
    That can all change with winning a round or two in the playoffs. I am concerned our guys have not experience dealing with media glare when it comes. Anyone remember Butch Carter with media glare on us?

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    Not sure, but I do know that Memphis fans are asking the same question about jj.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    also, when toronto was actually a story, ie when they turned things around after the gay trade, there were raptors articles all up on espn, sportsillustrated, etc.

right now we're just a 3rd seed in the east, who would probably be 5th seed in a regular year, who have no shot at the conference finals. not too many compelling articles for the average reader there.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    its not so much important to me as it is important to agents and players. Exposure and marketability are concerns for professional basketball players. People talk about Durant in 16 (like it would happen) well...you better believe someone as some point is going to say something about the lack of exposure

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    if you don't like the way espn covers canada, stop reading the site.

there are a lot of sites out there that provide plenty of canadian content, this one included.

if that's important to you, read tsn, sportsnet and zach lowe

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    someone got a problem with tin foil hats!?

Toronto is taken advantage of as essentially the US market. 1 out of 6.5 Canadians live in and around Toronto. They assume we will eat up mostly American content...and they are mostly correct. Someone made the calculation that the airwaves were best served on their current model. I don't see their internal metrics but I know they get an influx of hits on Canadian stories
    I remember seeing a piece on this, its actually pretty big. Canada floods the ESPN email system and the chat pages for NBA stuff. Canadian internet savvy swamps the US in general so you're pretty bang on.

It gets frustrating when people make it out like youre crazy for talking about this stuff.... it isn't new, and its not anything more than fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X