Houston @ Toronto 7:00 SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Houston was also playing without 2 of their starters....
    So were the Raptors. I guess it evens out.

Comment

• Lowry's special healing ability

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        So were the Raptors. I guess it evens out.
        Dude, you need to finish reading the thread before replying to every comment.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          Demar Derozan is not a franchise player does anyone disagree with this statement? He can barely shoot 3s. Every time he tosses up a 3 pointer I cringe. The only 3 he can hit a fairly decent clip is the corner three but he doesn't use it often enough. All I'm saying is that I'm not sold on building this team around demar as a primary option. I think we need to do a roll call with our players, we should be playing an inside oust side game rather than being trigger happy with long 2s. That just doesn't cut it IMO.
          I am in agreement that the Raps should be playing an inside out game, especially given their players. And no one is building a team around DeMar as a primary option. DeMar is the primary option right now because the Raps don't have a better primary option. Next year, or the year after I expect that to be different. In the meantime, I am willing to give MU more than 10 months to build a championship team.

Comment

Random yet related thought; Quick eye test, but Demar seems to do really well at getting foul calls outside of the lane via fakes. No way to quantify (that I know of) but I'd wager a large proportion of his foul calls aren't from contact at the rim.....
            Could be my imagination but it seems like DeMar winds up lying on his back under the opponents rim about 3-4 times a game, after fouls. Lowry is the only other one that winds up on the floor as often. Who else on the team gets fouled on drives?

Comment

I am in agreement that the Raps should be playing an inside out game, especially given their players. And no one is building a team around DeMar as a primary option. DeMar is the primary option right now because the Raps don't have a better primary option. Next year, or the year after I expect that to be different. In the meantime, I am willing to give MU more than 10 months to build a championship team.
              Fair enough that's all I was trying to get at. Hopefully masai has a master plan to get us to be legit contenders. Clearly were not there yet. We might win a series vs Washington but that's it. Just gotta wait and see I guess. I'm still hoping for this team to go far but hope is all I got right now.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Random yet related thought;
                Quick eye test, but Demar seems to do really well at getting foul calls outside of the lane via fakes. No way to quantify (that I know of) but I'd wager a large proportion of his foul calls aren't from contact at the rim. Sometimes these types of foul are "play on" in the playoffs, but we'll have to see.

I think the match-up could very well determine how often we get the benefit of the call. I think we'll get more calls our way against a Washington or Charlotte than we would against the Nets.
                Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                I think we need to do a roll call with our players, we should be playing an inside oust side game rather than being trigger happy with long 2s. That just doesn't cut it IMO.
                I agree, with the lack of front court size on a lot of teams it could be a strength, and it definitely is a strength come playoffs. I think the team being centered around DD who also very rarely puts the ball into he post is having a bad impact. Ross is going less and less into the post and is looking for mid rangers now and its like WTF...use the post and use the three

Comment

Could be my imagination but it seems like DeMar winds up lying on his back under the opponents rim about 3-4 times a game, after fouls. Lowry is the only other one that winds up on the floor as often. Who else on the team gets fouled on drives?
                  You can't deny that he gets a lot of calls from pump fakes some are warranted but most are questionable. Yes he drives but not often enough. He's already playing like he's been in the league for 12 years. DeMar has tired legs and it shows. That is worry some to me. What will he be like at 28 or 32? Is this an investment that will yield a great return? Buy low, sell high. Just saying :P
                  Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Apr 3, 2014, 01:09 PM.
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I love Amir but might be time to shop him this summer.

He is breaking down.
                    Have you noticed that everything you say is purely sensationalistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude, you need to finish reading the thread before replying to every comment.
                      Absolutely right. And people in general should put more thought into their posts.

We all realize that 5 guys who play poorly for and 8 minute stretch haven't proved that a team is composed of scrubs.

We all realize that poor play that results in a win doesn't mean that the Raps won't tighten up in the playoffs, because, you know, they will realize they are in the playoffs.

We all realize that long two's are, relatively speaking, worse choices for shots then shots in the paint or 3's, unless the opponents are packing the paint and double teaming 3 pt shot takers.

We all realize that DeMar isn't a franchise player, but he has a role to play on the Raptors, and he draws defenders, and he is still learning how to pass out of double teams, and he is actually not a bad shooter from 15 feet out.

And realizing all of these things, we should let them inform our thought processes when we post, as opposed to getting all wound up and then throwing any shit that comes into our minds out there for the world to see.

I could say something about the inequality of people making thoughtless posts and then expecting thoughtful ones in response, but that would be just too snarky, so pretend you didn't read this.

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                        You can't deny that he gets a lot of calls from pump fakes some are warranted but most are questionable. Yes he drives but not often enough. He's already playing like he's been in the league for 12 years. DeMar has tired legs and it shows. That is worry some to me. What will he be like at 28 or 32? Is this an investment that will yield a great return? Buy low, sell high. Just saying :P
                        You might be right, but he is what, #3 or #4 in the league in minutes played? It might not be his career is over, just that he is tired at the end of a tough season. If the Raps get some additional talent next year, and can rest DeMar a little more, that might be enough.

Comment

Absolutely right. And people in general should put more thought into their posts.

We all realize that 5 guys who play poorly for and 8 minute stretch haven't proved that a team is composed of scrubs.

We all realize that poor play that results in a win doesn't mean that the Raps won't tighten up in the playoffs, because, you know, they will realize they are in the playoffs.

We all realize that long two's are, relatively speaking, worse choices for shots then shots in the paint or 3's, unless the opponents are packing the paint and double teaming 3 pt shot takers.

We all realize that DeMar isn't a franchise player, but he has a role to play on the Raptors, and he draws defenders, and he is still learning how to pass out of double teams, and he is actually not a bad shooter from 15 feet out.

And realizing all of these things, we should let them inform our thought processes when we post, as opposed to getting all wound up and then throwing any shit that comes into our minds out there for the world to see.

I could say something about the inequality of people making thoughtless posts and then expecting thoughtful ones in response, but that would be just too snarky, so pretend you didn't read this.
                          I'm honestly not sure what your point is. You made a replied to a comment I made with a comment that was already made, and discussed. If you have simply read the thread a bit more, you could have seen that and then just clicked the appropriate like button for the comment of your choosing.

FWIW, I agree with you on your back and forth with ambidextrious, so I'm not sure if you're blending the two conversations together or not. Overall, my comment about Demar getting fouls outside the lane had nothing to do with him avoiding contact, but was just an observation that was somewhat related to the topic of Demar fouls drawn. Hence why I presented it as a "random related thought". I do have concern whether some of Demar's calls will disappear against a team like the Nets, who have flashy big names on their jerseys.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hey Puffer and 3inthekeon!
                            I don't give a fuck if you reply to one of my comments I made when the team was playing like shit
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I for one hope he's not literally in love with Demar.
                              Lol no guys I'm not. I guess I should have said I love the way Demar has grown.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• bigcamb wrote: View Post
                                so what if people make silly comments in a game thread. People are really invested into the game emotionally and are bound to overreaction to bad plays or runs from the opponent. Someone going through the thread from the beginning and nitpicking peoples posts after the fact and adding a snarky comment is just as or more annoying imo.
                                thank you!
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X