X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R.
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nobody should be talking about scoring records in this era compared to the past. The Big O would be averaging 40 point triple doubles if he was playing now. The rule changes make it impossible to compare. It's a completely different game.

Adam Silver: NBA Rule Changes Having Intended Effect of Increasing Scoring
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...easing-scoring
    Sure scoring is up from where it got bogged down to through the 90's, but it's nowhere near the peak of the high-paced chuck-fest seasons the NBA has had in the past.

Oscar's triple double season vs. 2017/18 NBA season:

Pace = 126 vs. 97
    Team FGA/game = 107.7 vs. 86.1
    Team PPG = 118.8 vs. 106.3

That's what I meant by who knew Oscar's record would ever be matched - he achieved it because the league was a sloppy, no-defence mess and basketball's not played that way anymore. The SSOL Suns and the 73 win Warriors would be the slowest teams in Oscar's league by a wide, wide margin. That Russ is doing the same thing 3 seasons in a row in this league is insane. Insane!

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    http://twitter.com/BleacherReport/st...98921447219202

yikes

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    Russ just took his 16th tech and will be suspended for his next game. Raptors will get an angry and rested Westbrook.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    V

I really thought Oscar Robertson's record was one of those unbreakable ones, product of a bygone era. Yeah, it's crazy no one talks about it now with Russ.
    Nobody should be talking about scoring records in this era compared to the past. The Big O would be averaging 40 point triple doubles if he was playing now. The rule changes make it impossible to compare. It's a completely different game.

Adam Silver: NBA Rule Changes Having Intended Effect of Increasing Scoring
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...easing-scoring

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Milwaukee's Malcolm Brogdon is expected to miss six-to-eight weeks with minor plantar fascia tear in his right foot, league sources tell
    @malika_andrews
    and me.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    V
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Y'know what I find kinda crazy ... barring something wild happening, Westbrook is going to go on to average a Triple-Double for his third straight season, and hardly anyone is talking about it, even with OKC being 1 game out of the 3rd in the West. Nuts. Love him, or hate him, Westbrook is a one of a kind in NBA History.
    I really thought Oscar Robertson's record was one of those unbreakable ones, product of a bygone era. Yeah, it's crazy no one talks about it now with Russ.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Y'know what I find kinda crazy ... barring something wild happening, Westbrook is going to go on to average a Triple-Double for his third straight season, and hardly anyone is talking about it, even with OKC being 1 game out of the 3rd in the West. Nuts. Love him, or hate him, Westbrook is a one of a kind in NBA History.
    People used to argue Oscar Robertson as the GOAT because he averaged triple double in a season. LOL. By that logic, Westbrook is now the GOAT? he's going to average triple double for the 3rd straight year.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    Good sign doing Serge's show. I'd figure it was in the bag if he did an episode of Open Gym. That will probably not come until he re-signs, but it will be so good.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Now, if Kawhi had said " It was so good I am gonna come back" rather than the anemic "better than I expected" ...wtf was that? Serious chefs don't like that answer ... .I might have agreed it was a sign ...of a sign.
    It's because he serves up weird shit like brains, tongues, and worms. It's kinda what makes it unique and a running joke with the team...so "better than I expected" was Kawhi making a joke.exe, fun guy.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Now, if Kawhi had said " It was so good I am gonna come back" rather than the anemic "better than I expected" ...wtf was that? Serious chefs don't like that answer ... .I might have agreed it was a sign ...of a sign.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Kyle listed as questionable. If he sits, Kawhi better play imo
    FVV upgraded to questionable a week ahead of schedule though. He won't play imi9

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Ibaka got Kawhi on his show... so don't worry, boys like each other again.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    And people still bothered by him moving Serge's arm off his shoulder. Serge is the key!
    I looked it like an annoyed younger brother kinda deal. Danny was already saying on his podcast how Serge and Kawhi have this funny relationship and he brings him out of his shell. We see a mild bit of annoyance in a one second clip forgetting these guys are together all the damn time.

anyways, the Paul George thing is not a new phenomena. It's only natural, if the situation is decent and enjoyable and you're with them every day the bond strengthens, you're not sitting there counting the days to LA, in reality you're FORGETTING about LA. Smart on the "small market" franchises to get a year head start on their recruitment, and bring them into the family. The arrogance of these big markets that think they can just "clear cap space and wait" is kind of funny

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Milwaukee down 20 and half to Heat, then win by 15. Heat score 36 points in 2H.
    Last edited by Zak24gege; Fri Mar 15, 2019, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X