X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

But Golden said that was Nurse.....it gets so confusing around here with all the blame to spread around
    All I care about now is this season and how they either turn it around or blow it up.

Masai has to be far far better than he's been the last few years, so many mistakes, so many obvious roster holes unaddressed.
    The question is has he lost whatever touch he used to have?
    lol. I agree with you Deaner… you and T-Rex are confused. Quoting me way out of context.

So let me clear things up. What I said was that a non-dysfunctional front office brings in players to match the coaches schemes. For Nurse, the first priority was to bring in long, versatile, switchable defenders to match his genius schemes (that got figured out after one season)… and Nurse said he would teach those offensively challenged players how to shoot. Just like Masai made a bad bet on the FVV/OG/Siakam core, he also over-bet on Nurse’s much celebrated “genius” schemes and teaching abilities.

In the end, Nurse turned out to be a very good win-now coach if given an elite roster, but not the genius difference maker, development coach or culture setter that they were willing to extend for the top dollar he was looking for. I mean he’s winless in games that Embiid’s missed this year, IIRC. Regardless, we forever thank Nurse for on the same level as Frank Vogel and not messing up the chip, but there are different horses for different courses. The team had tuned him out and the coaching staff itself was a cluster.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

But Golden said that was Nurse.....it gets so confusing around here with all the blame to spread around
    All I care about now is this season and how they either turn it around or blow it up.

Masai has to be far far better than he's been the last few years, so many mistakes, so many obvious roster holes unaddressed.
    Vision 6'9" was Masai's idea. Nurse agreed to it saying he can teach shooting anyway.
    Judging from recent history, yes Masai is losing his touch.
    Trading for Kawhi was a BIG gamble that luckily paid off.
    What made it work also was surrounding him with the right pieces which is what Masai probably wants to do now with Scottie.
    Crazy thing is he already knew that vision 6'9" only works when those tall athletic players also have some brains.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

The recent mishaps can be attributed to Masai's genius 6'9" vision.
    Everything that he did was geared towards that scheme.
    He was lucky Scottie panned out.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Where's the guy to tell you that Masai has been the greatest for 10 years though
    He doesn't want to talk about the last few years ....
    Sooooooo many errors since the Chip it's crazy and still no clear direction.
    The recent mishaps can be attributed to Masai's genius 6'9" vision.
    Everything that he did was geared towards that scheme.
    He was lucky Scottie panned out.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't think people realizes how bad of a shape this team is in right now. And that is all because of how poorly Masai managed or mismanaged this team the last 5 years.

- Let's talk about the Lowry/Achiuwa trade. Was Maxey really available in a Lowry trade?

- Trent/Norm trade.
    - Letting FVV walk for nothing.
    - Siakam and OG could also walk away for nothing if they don't trade them this year.
    - Blamed/fired Nick Nurse for what transpired last year. Coaching was not the issue last year. The issue was poor roster construction.
    - Replaced a hall of fame head coach with a dumb head coach.
    - Inability to add shooters. We've been talking about this the last 3 years now.
    - Trading a 1st for a WASHED UP Thaddeus Young.
    - Trading a 1st for Poeltl.

Come on now.

Let's hope we don't put Dick's name on that list next year.
    Where's the guy to tell you that Masai has been the greatest for 10 years though
    He doesn't want to talk about the last few years ....
    Sooooooo many errors since the Chip it's crazy and still no clear direction.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied

I'm not talking about him replacing Bobby.
    Neither was I.
    Masai needs to wake up and Bobby has to be on the chopping block already. Ujiri next up.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Looking at that list I did complete 180 regarding Ibaka and Gasol. Why are we grabbing these vets like Temple and Thad when we had perfect vets in Gasol and Ibaka. Gasol maybe wanted to compete again but who knows maybe he would've stayed. That whole clearing cap space for Giannis was a mistake. But alas I guess

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Oh..We are having this conversation, it's been on the table.
    However, I'm willing 2 give him a chance.
    I want 2 c the ruthless Masai, this is the year, no more games Playboy.
    U have never done a Total tare down and start fresh and rebuild, so here is your chance, Dec 15 and Trade Deadline.
    Show me.
    Patience stuff, throw that out the window, we're passed that. We have seen what this team is, it's the same and it's not pretty, time 2 blow it up.
    Playboy the ball is in your court, u better not be buyer or stay the course, bc than the gloves are off.
    I don't think people realizes how bad of a shape this team is in right now. And that is all because of how poorly Masai managed or mismanaged this team the last 5 years.

- Let's talk about the Lowry/Achiuwa trade. Was Maxey really available in a Lowry trade?

- Trent/Norm trade.
    - Letting FVV walk for nothing.
    - Siakam and OG could also walk away for nothing if they don't trade them this year.
    - Blamed/fired Nick Nurse for what transpired last year. Coaching was not the issue last year. The issue was poor roster construction.
    - Replaced a hall of fame head coach with a dumb head coach.
    - Inability to add shooters. We've been talking about this the last 3 years now.
    - Trading a 1st for a WASHED UP Thaddeus Young.
    - Trading a 1st for Poeltl.

Come on now.

Let's hope we don't put Dick's name on that list next year.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

So just like Masai then? didn't Masai inherited Lowry, DeRozan, JV and Ross? Masai was able to build a championship team because of those players.

Myers inherited Klay and Steph but Klay wouldn't turn into the player he is if not for the Month Ellis trade.

Myers traded for Iguodala, he brought in Steve Kerr, he drafted Looney and Draymond, he signed Kevin Durant, he traded for Wiggins. The Wiggins trade won them another championship.

Look, people don't want to have the Masai convo because of what the Raptors were before him. But look where the Raptors are now. He's made ONE good move(drafting Barnes) since winning the chip FIVE years ago. All the moves that he's made since 2019 have all flopped. The Poeltl trade is looking bad now too.
    I’m totally on board with having the Masai convo… I have been for years. He was aggressive AF before the chip, but has been GM’ing scared and passive since then.

Masai bet BIG on the Fred/Siakam/OG core “developing” into contenders, while many were advocating trading “those guys” and doing a proper rebuild, since forever. That’s the number one problem… believing in those guys failed and that’s poor talent evaluation by management, which took waaay too long to figure out what even forum posters knew. Those guys weren’t it.

Right after the Tampa tank was the perfect excuse to go full blown rebuild after trading Lowry. Personally, I would’ve started the sell off right after Kawhi left.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied

So let's talk about Myers the last 5 years then. He signed Kevin Durant, he drafted Looney, he drafted Poole who was actually a big part of their championship team. He traded KD to Brooklyn for Russell+. He then traded Russell to Minny for Wiggins. That trade won them another championship. He signed Porter and Payton II. Two big pieces of their championship team.

And yes, Myers is not perfect, golden just mentioned the 2021 draft. But I really think it's too early to judge Kuminga/Wagner.
    Well KD joined them in 2016, so 7 years ago, but either way I'm gonna keep circling back to how easier it is when you have a player as good as Steph.

Masai inherited Kyle, DeMar and JV, but lets not act like those are 3 close to Steph's impact.

Steph (Klay as well) made it hell of a lot easier to sign KD. Same reason I don't really give Pat Riley that much credit for their big 3 (They had Wade) or the Lakers for trading for AD (They had Lebron).

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

So we get to talk about only what Masai did the last 5 years but bring up Myers whole resume and not only what he did the last 5 years? They traded for Wiggins which was good and ultimately won a championship because still have an All time great, but there has been a lot of terrible drafting with high picks, which could set them back quite a bit when Steph retires.

Myers was also the President and GM of the Warriors, so you'll have to choose who to fire. Masai or Bobby? My money would be on Bobby getting fired well before Masai does.
    So let's talk about Myers the last 5 years then. He signed Kevin Durant, he drafted Looney, he drafted Poole who was actually a big part of their championship team. He traded KD to Brooklyn for Russell+. He then traded Russell to Minny for Wiggins. That trade won them another championship. He signed Porter and Payton II. Two big pieces of their championship team.

And yes, Myers is not perfect, golden just mentioned the 2021 draft. But I really think it's too early to judge Kuminga/Wagner.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Bob Myers drafted Wiseman over LaMelo Ball, Kuminga over Franz Wagner, and Moody over Trey Murphy.

He also inherited Steph and Klay. The only all-star he drafted was Draymond.

Those recent high picks were the perfect opportunity to set up the Warriors for more chips and Myers flubbed them badly.
    Jerry West might have a lot to do with Myers's success too.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied

So just like Masai then? didn't Masai inherited Lowry, DeRozan, JV and Ross? Masai was able to build a championship team because of those players.

Myers inherited Klay and Steph but Klay wouldn't turn into the player he is if not for the Month Ellis trade.

Myers traded for Iguodala, he brought in Steve Kerr, he drafted Looney and Draymond, he signed Kevin Durant, he traded for Wiggins. The Wiggins trade won them another championship.

Look, people don't want to have the Masai convo because of what the Raptors were before him. But look where the Raptors are now. He's made ONE good move(drafting Barnes) since winning the chip FIVE years ago. All the moves that he's made since 2019 have all flopped. The Poeltl trade is looking bad now too.
    Oh..We are having this conversation, it's been on the table.
    However, I'm willing 2 give him a chance.
    I want 2 c the ruthless Masai, this is the year, no more games Playboy.
    U have never done a Total tare down and start fresh and rebuild, so here is your chance, Dec 15 and Trade Deadline.
    Show me.
    Patience stuff, throw that out the window, we're passed that. We have seen what this team is, it's the same and it's not pretty, time 2 blow it up.
    Playboy the ball is in your court, u better not be buyer or stay the course, bc than the gloves are off.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied

So we get to talk about only what Masai did the last 5 years but bring up Myers whole resume and not only what he did the last 5 years? They traded for Wiggins which was good and ultimately won a championship because still have an All time great, but there has been a lot of terrible drafting with high picks, which could set them back quite a bit when Steph retires.

Myers was also the President and GM of the Warriors, so you'll have to choose who to fire. Masai or Bobby? My money would be on Bobby getting fired well before Masai does.
    Last edited by A.I; Sun Dec 10, 2023, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Bob Myers drafted Wiseman over LaMelo Ball, Kuminga over Franz Wagner, and Moody over Trey Murphy.

He also inherited Steph and Klay. The only all-star he drafted was Draymond.

Those recent high picks were the perfect opportunity to set up the Warriors for more chips and Myers flubbed them badly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X