Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game 5, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd 7pm ET - TSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 5, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, April 23rd 7pm ET - TSN

STARTERS

​​

​​

AT

STARTERS

​​

​​

​​

​​

(Raptors artwork courtesy of Richard Chen https://www.instagram.com/richardchen.draws/)

NOTES:
    • Nurse was asked about the team having trouble closing out series in the past. "This team or this organization? Well, this team, lets see if they can start their own history tomorrow... You just dont want to screw around in these series. If you lose this one you're back in Orlando, you're adding miles and stress... I just want this team to form it's identity. What's happened in the past has no bearing or relevance to what's happening now for me." (@jlew1050)
    • In game 4, Kawhi scored the 4th most points in a playoff game by a Raptor on 20 or fewer FGA. The top 3 spots all belong to Kyle Lowry.
    • OG Anunoby was with the Raptors today. Nurse said he's in good spirits, has new glasses. No update on timeline to return. (@BlakeMurphyODC)
    • Research suggests that magic mushrooms might be helpful in overcoming nicotine addiction. Additionally, some other researchers suggest that psychedelic mushrooms can help treat anxiety, OCD, headaches, and post-traumatic stress disorders.
    • A fourth consecutive win in game 5 would be the longest playoff winning streak in Raps history. We've won 3 in a row two other times (2017 and 2001).
    • Usually I change up the lineup pics more for game threads, but we've won three straight so I'm not changing what's working.

When the Raptors win four in a row in the playoffs:

And how we make other teams feel (h/t reddit /u/topkakistocracy):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINS REMAINING:

Last edited by Scraptor; Wed Apr 24th, 2019, 04:00 PM.

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Also watch Seth Curry on that play in the corner by the Thunder bench. You can see the Thunder players talking to him and him talking back, and then as soon as Dame Dolla hits the shot, Seth just turns around and stares at them. Haha
    And yes, watched again for this purpose just now on your suggestion. LOL. awesome.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Will forever be known as "the Wave Goodbye". So dirty.
    What an incredible shot.

I think "The Long Wave Goodbye" might be a minor improvement.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Anyone notice Kawhi limping in the last game?
    Yup. As he was leaving the court at the end of the game too. Didn't look too serious tho, he was laughing on the bench

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Also watch Seth Curry on that play in the corner by the Thunder bench. You can see the Thunder players talking to him and him talking back, and then as soon as Dame Dolla hits the shot, Seth just turns around and stares at them. Haha
    Lmao instantly thought of this scene from Fresh Prince after Uncle Phil saves Will from the pool hustlers and whips their ass then walks out all cool, Will behind him is Seth

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Lillard iso'd, waved off the screen. Waited...waited..waited...now only a few seconds left, baited George out even FURTHER (he's about 35 feet out now, and I go uh, is he shooting from there? I guess he figures if it goes he's a hero, but it's gonna miss and its overtime). NOPE. Stepback, over PG, 37 feet, bucket, series. Cool reaction.

Damn Dame, that shot will live in NBA folklore

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Did everyone see Lillard's last second 3 point heave to win the game and then wave bye to OKC? Nasty stuff lol
    I watched it live. OKC was up like 8 with just over a minute left. All of a sudden it was a tie game and Portland had the ball (Westbrook was missing left right and centre).

Lillard iso'd, waved off the screen. Waited...waited..waited...now only a few seconds left, baited George out even FURTHER (he's about 35 feet out now, and I go uh, is he shooting from there? I guess he figures if it goes he's a hero, but it's gonna miss and its overtime). NOPE. Stepback, over PG, 37 feet, bucket, series. Cool reaction.

Damn Dame, that shot will live in NBA folklore

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    Anyone notice Kawhi limping in the last game?

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Well the Magic are who we thought they are. And so are we.

Time to make the Hinkies bend the knee.

I'll get the next game thread up once we have a date and time.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Juston Bieber AND Drake were curses for the Leafs

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Did everyone see Lillard's last second 3 point heave to win the game and then wave bye to OKC? Nasty stuff lol

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    My face when I see Drake taking pics with my fav athletes:

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Whooo!!! choke Leafs choke!
    ... as a fanbase that has gone through our own share of heartbreaks, you'd think we be more empathetic ... Lol

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    MOOOAAARRR Scraptor!!

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X