History Repeating Itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    The turnovers are also not entirely on Toronto, it's a large part of The Nets' defensive system.

Since the All-Star break they are 3rd in the league for most turnovers caused and the 2 teams ahead of them (Philly and Twolves (by 0.1)) are not half court D teams.

This is Brooklyn's game, they don't rebound well but they force you to turn the ball over with their small lineup.
    Understood, but it seems like most of the Raptors turnovers have been a result of laziness (bad passes made/received) and selfishness (I swear if I see DeRozan dribble the ball off his leg again...). Brooklyn definitely deserves credit, but it's just sooooo much sloppy play.

As Stooley pointed out, the fact that the series is tied is encouraging. I mean the Raptors have played like shit and are still a few possessions away of being up 2-0. If the Raptors turn up the defensive pressure, make more focused passes and stop trying to do too much individually (aka: play their game), they should be in a good spot moving forward.

Comment

You guys need to remember the keys to the series...... experience vs youth.

Toronto has ALREADY bounced back from a lack of experience. Last night showed it when they went toe to toe down the stretch and didn't lose.

BUT.

Brooklyn has gotten any younger.

As these games go on, it will become harder, and harder for Brooklyn to bring the same energy Toronto does down the stretch. Lowry, once they game got late, started getting to the paint at will, DD created space more easily for his jumper....and the bigs decimated them on the boards..... JV DESTROYED Garnett last night, literally.

Are the nets good? fuck yes they are. That they started so poorly is a mystery. But, are they old and vulnerable to fatigue, and injury, of sweet jesus yes. Its real man. And that swarming small ball defence, well when it become sa half step slower in game 6.... you'll see the effect it has on Toronto.

I'm liking this..... and I even think NJ will win the next one. But they wont win 4

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I'm liking this..... and I even think NJ will win the next one. But they wont win 4
        I expect a big game from Derrick Coleman

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          You guys need to remember the keys to the series...... experience vs youth.
          Toronto has ALREADY bounced back from a lack of experience. Last night showed it when they went toe to toe down the stretch and didn't lose.

BUT.

Brooklyn has gotten any younger.
          I disagree. There were several times during Game 2 where the Nets outhustled the Raptors or were more active. Their age isn't playing much of a factor here, and if anything it's our players who are getting gassed. JV isn't used to playing this many minutes, or that many minutes straight. Amir is struggling out there. DeRozan averaged an insane amount of minutes in the regular season and it's starting to show.

We can claim that the Nets will slow down as the series progresses, sure. But with the abundance of rest the NBA has scheduled in between games, and the fact that their main energy guy is Plumlee and not Garnett, I don't think the claim will come to fruition.

Comment

When it comes to hustle it was Kirilenko > Raptors

Comment

When it comes to hustle it was Kirilenko > Raptors
              That`s cause he looks like a psycho who will kill you in your sleep.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                That`s cause he looks like a psycho who will kill you in your sleep.
                He's the most Russian person in the world.

Comment

Kirilenko just needs a bit of hustle to come up with all those steals and boards. His 262637383826262739494874736362 foot wingspan will do the rest

Comment

He's the most Russian person in the world.
                    No Ivan is.

http://9gag.com/gag/azbYPEm/just-ivan

Comment

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

You've got to show him with the full out Russian bowl cut.

It's majestic

Comment

Lol, definitely a front runner for the NBA's All-Ugly team.

Comment

Can we break the trend and put an end to this thread with a win in game 3 tomorrow ????

Comment

After winning game 4 can we close this thread?

Comment

The difference? Kyle Lowry is more of a man than Chris Bosh.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X